It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommended reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The problem like you say is disinfo. Back in 1999-2000, when you searhed for something like mind control, on the internet, you got nothing, barely 4-5 pages come up on altavista(i did not use google at the time). But today you search on it, and theres countless pages, whether disnfo or not, they are certainly upping the info wars.

When you read books its the same, they must pay people in there groups to write books on subjects also to mislead, that become best sellers because of who they know. This is where books also get clouded and disinfo is also very high, in the book market today also.

Thats for my rant, one book you left out would be

"Behold a pale horse, by william cooper".

I was once surprised to see a singer in some music group had this in there profile saying they were reading it at the time, just shows you its quite well known.

[edit on 8/1/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Thats for my rant, one book you left out would be

"Behold a pale horse, by william cooper".

Sorry, I hit my 4000 character limit (which I often do).

The amazon URLs are very long and got me there very quickly. Behold a Pale Horse is a very good book also if for no other reason than it contains _many_ photocopies of government documents. Always gotta love that.

I try to mix up the books I read; old stuff and new stuff. This helps fight the disinformation.

Most magazines and newspapers are total trash. They invent and re-invent history at will, contradict things they wrote yesterday and so on. Then this info gets "echoed" through the net, the problem multiplies.

One of the major advantages books have is they tend to be fairly well researched, some better than others. I'd never recommend reading just one book on any subject, read several.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I had a much ignored thread on readings for the young: here is the link and my list. It is not so political though.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

A Reading List for the young!

"The Illiad"...Homer... the madness of war.
"The Odyssey"...Homer... the intelligence and spirit of man
"The Meditations"... Marcus Aurelius... A soul trying to understand
"Don Quixote"... Cervantes... No comedy though funny, a plumbing of the
depths of a soul.
"Walden"...Henry David Thoreau... One of Americas 3 essential books
"Moby Dick"... Herman Melville... Another of Americas masterpieces
"Huckleberry Finn"... Mark Twain... The 3rd of the American trilogy
"The Varieties of religious Experience"... William James... How to think
clearly about matters of the spirit
"The Once and Future King"... T.H. White... the struggle to do what is right.
"A Sand County Almanac"...Aldo Leopold... Toward an ethic of the land.
"The Immense Journey"... Loran Eisley... The work of a truly humane soul
"The Joy of Sex"... Dr. Alex Comfort... no masterpiece but something we
should never be arrogant about.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
One of the major advantages books have is they tend to be fairly well researched, some better than others. I'd never recommend reading just one book on any subject, read several.
[edit on 1-8-2007 by discomfit]

Thats the main thing. A book is usually on one subject and usually takes, many months even years to research and write.

But with everything, when someone is writing something, they are projecting there own will onto people. So essentially all books, are fiction, but of course some get closer to reality and truth than others.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks. Definitely one of the most useful threads on ATS and there are only a few replies.

Every member should read something other than ATS as a source of fact, news, opinion, philosophy, etc. I know I really need to get reading some of the referenced material.

I'd love for more picks from other ATS members and moderators.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hegemony or Survival, Noam Chomsky
This is very possibly the most important book published in recent times if you want to understand what's really happening to the world.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is a link to many books on the subjects you like. Please check it out, share with your friends. It is updated regularly!

www.4shared.com...

Namasté

chemtrailswitzerland.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
nice list.

thanks.

bump bump

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

There's already a pretty extensive book thread.

Loads of books covering loads of subjects.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join