It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook goes down is it the end of the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Facebook goes down is it the end of the world?

www.sync-blog.com

According to some sources, Facebook was down today for about an hour and a half. A lot of people use this popular app, but if it went offline for an extended length of time, or went away permanently, would you care?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I personally do not have a facebook, but my 17 year old daughter does and her addiction to it rivals my addiction to ATS.Whatever happened to talking on the phone, or meeting people in person? I can't understand most of the functions she uses on it nor do I like the amount of info she posts.IMHO if Facebook ever were to go down for good I would not miss it.
Anyone else?

www.sync-blog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
For those that do not know, can someone explain to us, what is facebook?

Anyone

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It is a social network site that is apparently highly addictive.
www.facebook.com...

Not responsible if you join or get addicted.ATS/BTS is far better IMHO.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i got a facebook account

great way to share pictures and leave messages

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i got a facebook account

great way to share pictures and leave messages

No fair Bodrul! All you post here is a blurry pic of you! Whats up with that? Would it be the end of the world if you didn't have Facebook?My daughter would think so.:shk:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Myspace is enough of an addiction for me. Tack on facebook and I'd probably never leave home. lol

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
For those that do not know, can someone explain to us, what is facebook?

Anyone

Heres how is goes, Myspace is like crack, its highly adicitve, well aparently Facebook is like Crack laced with Nicatine, even more adictive. Kinda like how it was all Everquest then went to World of Warcraft.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Myspace, Facebook and all the other sites like them are horrible.

They contribute to the social plague known as "Online Dating" and should be forever banned before we lose all sense of interpersonal relations in the real world.

(No, ATS doesn't count as we gather here to share resources and information with others "in the know" throughout the world. We are not here to get a date for this week)

Jasn

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
quite frankly, if facebook went down i am sure 99.9% of the women in this office would suffer severe withdrawal symptoms and probably would have to do some work - for a change.

I say if it went down and disappeared, good riddance to bad rubbish. We need to get real again. We are so not living like we were 10 - 20 years ago. All "socializing" is being done online ans via SMS on cell phones.

Be need to go back to basics and live real lives with real people in real locations. Ok now if ATS went down, THAT, my friends, would be a catastrophe of the highest magnitude!!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I tried the MySpace thing once, it just wasn't for me. I was spammed by all these singers and bands, and guys trying to market something to me. And I found that when I browsed around and looked at other people's pages, everyone seemed really boring, even more boring than me

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i wouldn't class you as boring fweshcawfee YET hahaha

But yeah, it's just another place to be spammed!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Oh but I am ...
... !

Boring, cranky, weird, bizarre, lifeless, ole' stick in the mud, archaic, scatter brained, moody, dimwitted, idiocy infested, all that stuff applies to me. Just maybe not all at the same time.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

PLEASE don't even speculate.....The thought is terrifying!No ATS no BTS, OMG no life for AccessDenied!:shk:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That is odd I read a news report today about Presidential candidate Ron Paul and the success he was having with the users of Facebook.

I wonder if it is related?

I will go and find the article and post it here.

Another conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Perhaps it is.Who knows? Much obliged if you would post that link here.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I found it:

Ron Paul Facebook Student Network Tops 20,000

Mainstream media has labeled Ron Paul (R-Tex) as the “Internet candidate” for his online success, especially with 700-plus MeetUp groups. Less well reported is how well Ron Paul is doing with college students around the nation. The campaign is said to have over 100 Facebook.com student groups and likely 20,000-plus students participating nationally - a figure that trounces all other candidates with the exception of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

"Obama has been building a Facebook presence forever," said one source close to the Ron Paul campaign. "But the Ron Paul effort took everybody by surprise. It was purely spontaneous." In fact, student sentiment is seemingly hard to predict. The largest campaign-oriented, national Facebook network of all is not a "pro" forum at all, but is said to be an "anti-Hillary" group. Facebook is a 'Net-based MeetUp-like facility, but one that is well-known for penetrating a college-age audience. The 'Net facility has also attracted some controversy, as FMNN has reported, for its putative links to US intelligence agencies.

The story is from yesterday, and today a minor meltdown?

Probably not related though it does get one's mind going........

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wow, Facebook gets used for EVERYTHING!Thanks for posting that.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

No problem, some other points from the article:

Obama is huge on facebook.

Hillary has got a BIG negative on facebook.

Just adding more fuel to see if this conspiracy burns.....

Like I said, could be nothing, but there are some interesting things going on at Facebook.

things that make you go hmmmmmmm?

ed: @%#&$!! grammar

[edit on 2007/8/29 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Jack the simple matter of who started Facebook and why is a conspiracy unto itself.I know there is a thread on it here somewhere. I believe the general conspiracies forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join