It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - NASA STS 114. undoubtedly the best, ice crystals? HA!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi there.

Just thought i'd bring this NASA UFO up for discussion.

I think i'll cry if i hear anyone mention "Ice Crystals" or "space debris". Any other SENSIBLE ideas are welcome

The video is 3.15 minutes long......
The Earth covers around 85% of the top portion of the screen.

I am guessing the stationary objects are satellites.

1.40 Mins---The 1st "object" in question appears from the LEFT field of view, following a straight path towards Earth

2.20 Mins---The MAIN object in question. Appears from the RIGHT, and follows a CURVED path towards Earth. To me that looks BLATENTLY intelligent.

All ideas welcome
BUT NO "ice crystals".

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Wow,
I thought I was looking at outer space!
It was the earth at night?
Im confused, I saw a bunch of lights, defiantly an interesting video.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The video I taken from the "Discovery Space Shuttle".

The dark band going across the bottom is "space", the lighter area above is the NIGHT SIDE of Earth.

Near the end of the vid you can see the shuttle crosses the twilight bondary, and you can start to make out cloud formations and such.

The "bunch of lights" you speak of, i'm guessing are satallites.

I really like this one, when that object flies across and makes the turn,the depth of field is fantastic.

The skeptics won't touch this one, what can be said about it..... ice/debris etc. just won't cut it.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

I think i'll cry if i hear anyone mention "Ice Crystals" or "space debris".

Hmmm. Take my towel. Because you're gonna need it now!!
It IS them ice crystals/space debris after all!!

All ideas welcome
BUT NO "ice crystals".

All ideas? OK. That was Mike Schumacher in his Ferrari! Late for dinner, you know. Wife ready with sauce pan in hand. Bad news. Really stepping on the gas, what??

OK, seriously, I think its a pretty intriguing vid. Looks like a UFO. But hey, even if it is, what's the big deal? The sky's full of them. And I'm a believer!

Cheers! Good find!

[edit on 1-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think, you grossly misunderstood the motivation behind scepticism.

As seen here, even the hardcore sceptics "touch" it and if they can't find a good explanation, file it under "possibly the real thing"

Scepticism is just "wanting to know" instead of "wanting to believe". If the believer crowd wouldn't have sceptics, people like Icke/Hoagland would be much larger then they actually are. So to say, you should be happy, that there are sceptics, trying to find "normal" explanations, otherwise Ufology would be something akin to fairyland.

That said, please recognize that there is a HUGE difference between scepticism and "nothing is out there, we're alone in the universe". I consider myself to be sceptical, but i'm hoping and waiting for undeniable proof - be it the existence of intelligent life somewhere, aliens controlling the planet or whatever - but as long as there are other, more probable explanations, i prefer to apply occams razor.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Forget moving lights - what's that space fog that envelopes the shuttle right at the end?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow it was the David sereda movie concerning the Nasa footage that made believe in the first place...I'm always interested in the Space footage...I think it's the most convincing evidence there is...The way the object moves from right to the left..Then stops...And moves back to where it originally came from...Tells me it must be controlled by intelligent life...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What the..it comes into the frame..slows down..STOPS..then reverses direction..what the heck!?!! I had'nt seen that clip before..I seriously cant think of alternative possibilitys for what that could be..as far as I know satellites cant do that..nor ice crystals (sorry) wow

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Could this be a slow-motion replay? Aside from the 2 obvious UFO's
moving across the view, the other lights look like cities on Earth.
At normal replay speed they would be moving either up or down
in the viewfinder as the shuttle orbits the globe. This video looks like
the camera was pointed to the darkside of Earth soley for the purpose
of spotting UFO's coming and going. NASA probably wants to know
more about where they go when they get here..where the bases are?
I love these official space UFO vids becaue they're so credible. Thanks
to the Original Poster for sharing this one. It was new to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sorry, but this video is hardly convincing, in part due to its poor quality. If NASA sees UFOs zipping around all the time, they have done a great job keeping it from the public, so I don't see why they'd make it so easy to obtain this footage.

If you look at the STS-34 "UFO" footage that used to be so popular, the ice crystal explanation is perfectly plausible. That could be the case here too, but it could also be space debris or satellites as someone else suggested. What makes you think it is something of extraterrestrial origin let alone intelligently controlled?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What's there to be skeptical about? A shiny little spot of light floats by a camera on the Space Shuttle. The footage looks legitimate enough.

It could be aliens, or it could be some of the tons of crap just floating around in space. It might be one object, or it might be a couple that happen to line up right to make it look like only one. I don't think it looks bright enough to be self-illuminated, but you could argue otherwise. I'd say it's pretty impossible to tell how big it is. Maybe the size of a pencil eraser, or the Empire State Building.

If you think it's an alien scout ship or something, let's see what you've got for evidence besides this video of a little shiny spot of light. Go ahead.

I would suggest first providing good proof that aliens even exist. That would certainly help your argument. But even if you could prove conclusively that aliens exist, then you'd still have to prove that the little shiny dot was an alien ship. Can you definitively tie the two together.

There are other possible explanations, you know. I don't know what the video shows -- maybe junk, maybe some stray mini-meteoroids, maybe a NASA or CIA experiment, maybe frozen pee, maybe aliens. Who knows? But if you can nail it down with some good old fashioned rational proof, I'm sure we'd be interested.

See, the problem with some of you guys is that you don't know what skepticism is even about.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
as far as I know satellites cant do that

You need to do a little more research about what the Air Force and the CIA are doing with powered, guided defense satellites. Not that this is what this video shows. I don't know for sure what it shows. But just because I might not know what it is doesn't make me instantly jump to the idea that it's aliens. Aliens are way, way down on the list, since, after all, nobody's ever proven they even exist. I generally tend to move toward explanations using things that have been proven to actually exist. But that's just me.

After all, how do you know it's not angels in Heaven? Or the wandering spirits of people experiencing an Out Of Body Experience? Don't be so closed-minded.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Anyone here saw those videos of hiper speed objects approaching the earth, then making several degree turns nearing entry into the atmosphere? Those were the most mind blowing vids I ever saw, cant remember where. This looks like floating junk.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
Anyone here saw those videos of hiper speed objects approaching the earth, then making several degree turns nearing entry into the atmosphere? Those were the most mind blowing vids I ever saw, cant remember where. This looks like floating junk.

I wish we had the technology which can make junk float like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In the video I saw an object come in from the right hand side frame at high speed, slow down then change direction.

What could it be I wonder. A piece of space junk with A.I. Come on use your common sense its their for you to see. So why don’t you lower your barriers of control, your stubborn denial of the unexplained and give reason to what you don’t want to.

But of course my beliefs will only be as stubborn as yours.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow I really don't think a piece of rubble could be doing that.

Ufo or not there's something weird flying around up there.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Want really interesting videos? Watch all of it:

Google Video Link

And this AMAZING and long documentary:

Part 1:

Google Video Link

Part 2:

Google Video Link

Have fun!

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Rikhart]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Want really interesting videos? Watch all of it:

Sorry, if this sounds a bit sarcastic, but i guess next you'll be showing us vectored alien energy anchors or the "loved one"?

Please search the board for "rods" or as we sceptics like to call them "insects".

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sorry, if this sounds a bit sarcastic, but i guess next you'll be showing us vectored alien energy anchors or the "loved one"? Please search the board for "rods" or as we sceptics like to call them "insects".

Hence the :

Watch all of it:

bit. You even quoted it yourself, lazy much?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
In the video I saw an object come in from the right hand side frame at high speed, slow down then change direction.

What could it be I wonder. A piece of space junk with A.I. Come on use your common sense its their for you to see. So why don’t you lower your barriers of control, your stubborn denial of the unexplained and give reason to what you don’t want to.

But of course my beliefs will only be as stubborn as yours.

Okay, get this: perspective matters. The object slowing down and changing direction proves nothing. Do you also think that the retrograde motion of the planets is caused by alien intelligence? I implore you to use your common sense as well.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Postal76]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join