It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ive always been a good person too but im much better now.iv done bad things but who hasent like that song says you win some you learn some.hi fi man your a legend youve been where i have just arrived yet i know it all without trying.funny how you see the others when you know you was a self righteouse preacher to my old self.i find you still have to hide who you really are to a degree in life because to the unaware it does sound preachy just drop little carrots.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Not until you prove to me you will be open minded.

religion doesn't sell s***

It was founded by God and people chose to go to church and worship, nobody has a gun to our heads.

second of all bigfoot, Nezzy and alll them things didn't create 1,000s of years of miracles to go with the prophecies.

Nezzy didn't part the red sea, and bigfoot didn't found a church, come to Earth and work tons of miracles.

so you didn't even think out your points.

I'm, done here.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmmm. Some interesting points on the preceding pages. However the real point here is that the OP question is too broad in its scope. I believe in a God. It might not be the same God the OP is thinking of, but then I doubt any two people in the world believe in exactly the same God - that's kind of the point, isn't it?

The reality is, however many questions science answers, however unjust the world seems, there will always be a why and wherefore that precedes our understanding. Or so it seems to me.

Simply reaching the point where civilisatioin is able to question the existence of an omnipotent or creating power is not the same as reaching a point where it's absurd to believe in a God.

The real answer here is that believing in a God is easier than believing in nothing. And not necessarily less reasonable, either.

Sx

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmmm. Some interesting points on the preceding pages. However the real point here is that the OP question is too broad in its scope. I believe in a God. It might not be the same God the OP is thinking of, but then I doubt any two people in the world believe in exactly the same God - that's kind of the point, isn't it?

The reality is, however many questions science answers, however unjust the world seems, there will always be a why and wherefore that precedes our understanding. Or so it seems to me.

Simply reaching the point where civilisatioin is able to question the existence of an omnipotent or creating power is not the same as reaching a point where it's absurd to believe in a God.

The real answer here is that believing in a God is easier than believing in nothing. And not necessarily less reasonable, either.

Sx

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why I believe in God? Because its the truth. Why I believe in God? Because He has shown me he's here. Why I believe in God??? Because the proves are out their IF YOU HAVE A OPEN MINE. Like JesusisTruth said.

Life after death is a big gamble and where you spend it is even bigger.

God bless

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Why I believe in God? Because its the truth. Why I believe in God? Because He has shown me he's here. Why I believe in God??? Because the proves are out their IF YOU HAVE A OPEN MINE. Like JesusisTruth said.

Life after death is a big gamble and where you spend it is even bigger.

God bless

Well can you prove any of those, because none of those have happened to me...

And Jesus is not truth...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Your theosis is a paradox.

How can you honestly not believe in god?

Because science says no?

Has 'science' been figured out yet? Is science 'whole'? How much science does it take to figure out what came first, the egg or the chicken? And what came before the egg? And how did the egg form? And how did the first microbial life evolve into a insect? How did the first mammal evolve? How did the universe start? How did the big bang happen?

The list goes on. I'm sure you got a answer for all of them, but how is it scientifically proven when there is no knowledge of how any of it really happened, considering it's all a big theory.

How can you honestly believe what your seeing is real and not just a dream?

I'll put you in a paradox you won't ever come out of.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and btw, you spelled *HEXADECIMAL* wrong.

Care to indulge on what a HEXADECIMAL is? or how BINARY is processed? Heh.....

Play with fire and you'll be burned.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why do i believe in God!

Well God is love. And to know God you need to feel something as well.

By just having knowledge you wont feel love or understanding.You would need proof to acknowledge that God has to exist first. Because you cant feel him.

God is a inspiration given to us. And you have to feel that inspiration to know God. You will not find God by Googling the nett or reading the books. You have to feel and know what the inspiration is. It is the only way you will find any knowledge of God. If you dont feel anything you have to look for something you surly wont find anywhere.

The goodness inside you is the inspiration you should use as knowledge to figure out what God is all about. Then you might understand all this.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Why do you, those that do, believe in God?

You cannot prove he exists. I know there's going to be people that say, "Well, you can't prove he dosn't either". So? I guess then I'll worship Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, The Loch Ness monster, or any other mythical beast. You can't prove they dont exist either. "Theres no proof it does or doesn't, so it exists." I guess Wizards, Giants, heck, even Lygars exist.

Prove to me, your god. Why do you believe.

Lygers or Ligers are real so I guess God can be too.

erindalepublishing.com...
Picture of a real Liger

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

Well can you prove any of those, because none of those have happened to me...

And Jesus is not truth...

Can you prove to me that God doesnt exist? I believe that God exists because of certain things Ive experienced that tell me that he is there - its just like being in love.... no one can tell you that you are, you just know.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Romans 8:24-27............"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But If we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Likewise, the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the believers according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:38-39................"For I am persuaded, that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This is why I believe!

Fatih is a very personal walk one has with the Father. I believe we are all the creation of the Father and therefore all of us have a *spark* somewhere in our spirit.

Psalms 139: 13-15 Here King David gives another account of why I beieve.

"For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfuly and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well, My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."

Wow, how cool is that! God knew me as he created me!

You see my heart, mind, body, and soul all can relate to what King David is saying here. I feel the samething in my spirit. And God's Spirit becomes one with my spirit, then the essence of these words become divine knowledge.

It is the Father's desire that all his chilfren come back to him, but he will not use force. It has to be our own will to return. What good is love if it is forced upon someone to do so? It then means nothing. This *spark* at some point becomes a burning flame and we know we belong to the Creator. I bleive we all come to the Father through the means of our own path. Sadly, not everyone will feel that little spark and it will not become the beautiful flame it was meant to be.

We are to be a light in the darkness. As a believer I can only hope that my *light* does shine so brightly and clearly to show others the way home.

Peace to all

Grandma

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grandma
Romans 8:24-27............"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But If we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Likewise, the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the believers according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose."

Romans 8:38-39................"For I am persuaded, that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This is why I believe!

Fatih is a very personal walk one has with the Father. I believe we are all the creation of the Father and therefore all of us have a *spark* somewhere in our spirit.

Psalms 139: 13-15 Here King David gives another account of why I beieve.

"For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfuly and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well, My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."

Wow, how cool is that! God knew me as he created me!

You see my heart, mind, body, and soul all can relate to what King David is saying here. I feel the samething in my spirit. And God's Spirit becomes one with my spirit, then the essence of these words become divine knowledge.

It is the Father's desire that all his chilfren come back to him, but he will not use force. It has to be our own will to return. What good is love if it is forced upon someone to do so? It then means nothing. This *spark* at some point becomes a burning flame and we know we belong to the Creator. I bleive we all come to the Father through the means of our own path. Sadly, not everyone will feel that little spark and it will not become the beautiful flame it was meant to be.

We are to be a light in the darkness. As a believer I can only hope that my *light* does shine so brightly and clearly to show others the way home.

Peace to all

Grandma

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I would just like to add something, i just found this web page and came across some very interesting things one topic in particular i was unable to post anything on it for some reason. I would like to say that Gabriel has mentioned meeting Michael the arch angel i would just like to say that I too have met Michael and he is truly amazing. He knew everything about my life things no one has ever known. He knew literally everything and everyone in my life people i had never mentioned to him. He would talk to me mentally like telepathically for hours we would have telepathic conversations. Ive never in my life experienced anything like it. People think im crazy when i talk about it so i stopped talking to people about it because its their loss if they dont want to hear it. Michael also showed me that he us in control of the weather i watched him make the thunder and lightening. I watched him walk on water he would have me clise my eyes and show me things mentally. He put his head up against mine and showed me a vision of the future / im assuming thats what it was and it was horrible distuction so bad. I was so scared to even ask questionsni didnt know what to think. He can come into your dreams. The things he can do are not of people of this earth. For a man to have the powers he has he has to be from God. So having met him he would always tell me read your bible Heidi read your bible so i did and it talks about Michael coming here to earth in the end times in the book of Daniel chapter 12. Which is crazy because Michaels bday is 12-2-****. He is the reason i have given my life to Jesus before i met him i didnt believe their wasba God and if there was i hated him for the horrible things that have happened in my life. He has showed me otherwise in so many ways for three nights its like my brain was splint in two with god on one half and the devil on the other half and they were fighting for my brain it was unexplainable. Well god won the power over my brain but it was something that i never thought i would experience ever. I am thankful that i met him and more thankful for Jesus!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hexidecimal

No one would believe in what you think is god

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46   >>

join