It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
*** Snip - Insults removed ***
======================
Mod edit:
Please refrain from insulting and attacking the person of your fellow members. Rather stick to the actual topic at hand.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: The Digital Ego – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Regardless, if the bible is 'just a story'.

This 'story' has had an impact on my life.

All semantics and logistics aside.

The "Fairy in the sky", has touched me.

I love the story behind "the fairy in the sky".

Be it a 'story' or 'what-ever'.

For every incongruent and inconsistant novel, therein lies a moral.

If I want to base my assumptions of what life is before me, or what I can provide to life...Who the Hell are YOU...or anyone else to say that what is 'paradise' for ME?

Seriously?

If I find a somewhat 'peace of mind' in this stupid, and hateful world, who is ANYBODY to tell me that what I beleive is WRONG?

Who are YOU to take that from me? Not that I'd let you.

Should YOU ever find something to believe in and not want anyone to take that from you, who am I TO DISPUTE WITH?

Until SCIENCE can TOTALLY refute what my beliefs are, You have no RIGHTS to take away my happiness.

I support science and all that it has to offer. Yet, science doesn't TOTALLY prove everything.

Til then...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

If I called you ignorant rather then mule headed or jackass you would be saying I was calling you stupid. I can see you must of been one of those kids that couldn't wait till they were old enough to use expletives. I remember my kid sister always saying "That's soooo immature".

If it "restores" language I don't see anything wrong with it, it's just too bad it doesn't restore spelling eh. Immature,, pffft you are probably still whining about the kid that stole your bike.

Ignorant doesn't mean stupid, just blind, like you. What the hell does your sister have anything to do with me? Just because i said it once you go spasm. Go have a pray jeez...

Kid that stole my bike? umm yes... just like the kid that stole your virginity...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

What do you think of what I said above?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

What does bother me is misrepresentation of science, and especially liars for jesus, which I tend to think many creationists are. Some, like yourself, probably know no better, and just follow the arguments from others. Others spread BS to bolster a long-dead YEC position.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by melatonin]

Well you are half right, I may be guilty of not knowing everything but how that appears as a lie is the same thing I think when you call theory "evidence" or suggest there are "other pathways" but don't for sure what they are and exclude creationist "BS" with the obvious prejudice you have stated as liars for jesus.

Is that what you mean when you steal the same quotes from other evolution sites then post them here www.contentrewrite.net... paste them here when your done.

I didn't leave anything out of that quote. It was just referance of one of the many non christian and christian scientists that have debunked Darwin. By the way,, Jesus had nothing to do with it. It seems the only time he is real to any of you is when it has something to do with genocide or other evil acts.

Interesting .

I hope you see the mis representation of Christianty being spewed here as lies of an anti christian zealot. I can't really believe you think for a min that we endorse genocide. I believe it has happened, happens. It isn't something THIS Christian supports I can tell you that for sure.

I asked about why my blockl quotes were not including my tagged referances but never got an answer. I think I got that figured out.
It is nice to see you visit sites where both sides of the argument are posted. I do to as you know but I doubt you have any more an opened mind to the postulate of a GOD or Master creator then I have that we all came out of some primodial milkshake.

I assume their have been converts in both camps but lol I don't think we'll be seeing any here.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I would hope that there have been converts from both camps, lest your above statement... means nil.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

What does bother me is misrepresentation of science, and especially liars for jesus, which I tend to think many creationists are. Some, like yourself, probably know no better, and just follow the arguments from others. Others spread BS to bolster a long-dead YEC position.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by melatonin]

Well you are half right, I may be guilty of not knowing everything but how that appears as a lie is the same thing I think when you call theory "evidence" or suggest there are "other pathways" but don't know for sure what they are and exclude creationist "BS" with the obvious prejudice you have stated as liars for jesus. As for the article, LOL yeah I got that emailed to me nice try though even I knew that was an article.

I already said what it was I do for a living. I DO copy paste lines of code that are open source from time to time but I can assure you I have never been in a setting where experiments are being made to prove a GOD doesn't exist. I think anyone wanting to major in something like that must have an apptitude for it and Ill admit,, I do not nor do I the interest. Programming I am passionate about but even that I never felt I had an apptitude for it. It's my own private hell lol.

Crocker whoever he or she is makes some good points about macroevolution nevertheless.

Is that what you mean when you steal the same quotes from other evolution sites then post them here www.contentrewrite.net... paste them here when your done. lol

I didn't leave anything out of that quote from the UK. It was just referance of one of the many non christian and christian scientists that have debunked Darwin. If you'd like I can list them all but I know from your past posts, it wouldn't be something that would interest you. Most likely it would be met with posts from pro evolutionists where I would read them but without buying into them.

By the way,, Jesus had nothing to do with it. It seems the only time he is real to any of you is when it has something to do with genocide or other evil acts.

Interesting .

I hope you see the mis representation of Christianty being spewed here as lies of an anti christian zealot. I can't really believe you think for a min that we endorse genocide. I believe it has happened, happens. It isn't something THIS Christian supports I can tell you that for sure.

I asked about why my block quotes were not including my tagged referances but never got an answer. I think I got that figured out.
It is nice to see you visit sites where both sides of the argument are posted. I do to as you know but I doubt you have any more an opened mind to the postulate of a GOD or Master creator then I have that we all came out of some primordial milkshake. GRrrr Now my video referances aren't showing up. Well I think Im done using this avast browser

I assume their have been converts in both camps but lol I don't think we'll be seeing any here.

Do you?

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I see a group of you ignoring me.

That's fine.

I'd hoped that you would have had the decency to at least acknowledge me.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I see a group of you ignoring me.

That's fine.

I'd hoped that you would have had the decency to at least acknowledge me.

I'm sorry,, nice to meet you.

Feel better ?

lol

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid

If I called you ignorant rather then mule headed or jackass you would be saying I was calling you stupid. I can see you must of been one of those kids that couldn't wait till they were old enough to use expletives. I remember my kid sister always saying "That's soooo immature".

If it "restores" language I don't see anything wrong with it, it's just too bad it doesn't restore spelling eh. Immature,, pffft you are probably still whining about the kid that stole your bike.

Ignorant doesn't mean stupid, just blind, like you. What the hell does your sister have anything to do with me? Just because i said it once you go spasm. Go have a pray jeez...

Kid that stole my bike? umm yes... just like the kid that stole your virginity...

You reminded me of her is all,, I remember lots of girls being told they mature faster then boys saying such things.

Losing my virginity isn't something I ever whined about, perhaps you thinking it is may be the reason nobody has stolen yours yet. If not I applaud your waiting for "the right one". I sure hope you meet him soon.

Well take care all of you, obvioulsy this thread has played itself out

I'm done here.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Thankyou.

Nice to meet you too hon.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If I find a somewhat 'peace of mind' in this stupid, and hateful world, who is ANYBODY to tell me that what I beleive is WRONG?

This works both ways, as we are all expressing our views and perceptive of the world around us and impossible for them all to be the same.

Until SCIENCE can TOTALLY refute what my beliefs are, You have no RIGHTS to take away my happiness.

I don't think you need to worry about that, impossible for science to do that. No one is trying to take away your happiness, (well not me anyways). Even if science refutes your beliefs i don't think people have the right to take away your happiness.

I support science and all that it has to offer. Yet, science doesn't TOTALLY prove everything.

Well after all we are humans, and our understanding is limited, mostly by time. I think science is not flawed but us. There's so many ways to see the world it's not funny.

Maybe this world is just a bad dream and after we wake up we'll see the truth...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

Mabey so, but until then...

My 'paradise' may be in my mind.

Why should I be 'less happier', if someone could explain the world to me in proper 'scientific terms'?

If I could find a .00000000000001% peace of mind with a biblical story; in all this frucked up world.

Should science EVER find 'reasons for being.' Then perhaps, (and yes...I'll LOOK!) but...until then.

Would YOU...take that happiness from me?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well you are half right, I may be guilty of not knowing everything but how that appears as a lie is the same thing I think when you call theory "evidence" or suggest there are "other pathways" but don't for sure what they are and exclude creationist "BS" with the obvious prejudice you have stated as liars for jesus.

I doubt anyone knows everything. That would take an extreme chunk of hubris

The point was that I'm sure you know very little about Kettlewell's work, but you read a complete misrepresentation of his work on some creationist site, and take it at face value. Another example of the rubbishness of the theory of evolution, you likely think.

Kettlewell is a scientist who probably has much more integrity in his big toe than the people spreading BS about his work. Many of these people have been told numerous times why they are wrong, at some point they cross the line from willful ignorance to liars. For example, Jonanthan Wells.

What's wrong with being unsure about stuff? We have various possible routes to the complex organic compounds required for life. What do you want me to do? Lie and make stuff up? We are talking about an event that happened 4 billion years ago, heh. Of course there are uncertainties.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just means we need to study and work on possible answers. Beats relying on a book of myths, closing off scientific advancement due to incredulity and faith.

Is that what you mean when you steal the same quotes from other evolution sites then post them here www.contentrewrite.net... paste them here when your done.

I didn't leave anything out of that quote. It was just referance of one of the many non christian and christian scientists that have debunked Darwin. .

Do you even know who Derek Ager is? You just posted a quote you found on another site, again thinking it refutes evolution, when it doesn't represent the person's position.

Ager was a proponent of punctuated equilibrium, he thinks that rather than a consistent gradualism (which few people really hold to), catastrophic events changed the rate of evolution. He was also peeved at being misquoted and misrepresented by creationists.

By the way,, Jesus had nothing to do with it. It seems the only time he is real to any of you is when it has something to do with genocide or other evil acts

I try my best to keep out of this type of stuff. All I care about is good science. You can believe that Cthulhu is the lord and master of the universe for all I care.

I do to as you know but I doubt you have any more an opened mind to the postulate of a GOD or Master creator then I have that we all came out of some primodial milkshake.

The difference is that one postulate requires miracles and magic-men. A completely unfalsifiable, untestable, and unverifiable postulate.

In other words, it's philosophy. I'm just as closed-minded on the issue of cthulhu. It just doesn't interest me really.

I have opinions on this sort of stuff, I voiced some of them in another thread, but I really don't care for discussions on it. No point. It's a personal subjective choice that leads to circular and tedious discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Mabey so, but until then...

My 'paradise' may be in my mind.

Why should I be 'less happier', if someone could explain the world to me in proper 'scientific terms'?

If I could find a .00000000000001% peace of mind with a biblical story; in all this frucked up world.

Should science EVER find 'reasons for being.' Then perhaps, (and yes...I'll LOOK!) but...until then.

Would YOU...take that happiness from me?

WOULD YOU?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hello ducky

Science will never disprove your favoured belief in the sky fairy. It's the nature of the beast. Unless your sky-fairy makes particular testable claims, such as he/she made the moon out of swiss cheese

So keep on believing...

ABE: oh, you replied before I posted. Hope this is sufficient.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I know the moon isn't made of swiss cheese.
Science has proved that.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I know the moon isn't made of swiss cheese.
Science has proved that.

Well, I hope all the people who believed in swiss-cheesism weren't too depressed about the findings of science.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm not into 'swiss-cheesim'.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

you know, a lot of things cause happiness that are really detrimental to a person. cigs, drugs, alcohol (well, this one depends on the quantity), random sex, etc... and we can't disprove that these things make people happy, to an extent. but we can prove that they have long lasting and detrimental effects on people... with religion, we can also see those effects on society and the whole planet.

now i'd reverse the statement and modify it a bit

until YOU cant SOMEWHAT prove your beliefs using SCIENCE, you have no RIGHTS to hold them (by beliefs i clearly mean religious ones, just thought i'd add this)

[edit on 9/1/07 by madnessinmysoul]

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join