It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

How to outrage a catholic in one easy step,say Paul was gay
or even better,say jesus was!! just kidding folks,chill out

LOL yeah,, but ya know ,, they don't seem to have a bit of a problem with pedophiles.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Oh and by the way,, if life, the human body is desgned so terrible,,

what are you still in it for?

You hate the way life was made and the body it's in,, don't be a hipocrit

Quit.

Some of us are just Glad to be here

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Conspiriology]

=.= When did he say hate? He just finds it unless... When the going gets tough you don't just quit. If you don't like something you don't just quit (Above - weird way of seeing things).

Well, I know that, and YOU know that, but if men don't nurse why would a perfect being create nipples on males? It's superfluous, seemingly a design flaw.

Mens areola's are not for nursing. I'm sorry nobody has ever told you that. Must have been embarrasing to say the least.

If you see them as a flaw, have yours removed then. I want to know why evolution is taking so long to remove them for us.

He sees them as a flaw by a 'perfect' creation. Even asking him to have his removed is stupid. It doesn't affect the way he lives so i don't think he would, nor would i. As he mentioned, evolution is not perfect, and there's flaws in it. Also evolution takes a long time.

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Why do you, those that do, believe in God?

You cannot prove he exists. I know there's going to be people that say, "Well, you can't prove he dosn't either". So? I guess then I'll worship Bigfoot, The Easter Bunny, The Loch Ness monster, or any other mythical beast. You can't prove they dont exist either. Prove to me, your god. Why do you believe.

As far as your above mentioned items. I would disagree with you on the three. I think it is pretty safe to say that there is not an Easter Bunny. The Loch Ness monster could easily be some type of sea creature yet undiscovered and or a dinosaur. Bigfoot, who knows!

How can you say the easter bunny does not exist? Where's your proof? How can you see god existing when you can't see the bunny existing?

As for Atheists,,

"they believe anything "as long as it's not in the Bible.-Napoleon"

The Bible calls those who deny a Creator, "foolish" Only people who major in the mindless pursuit to disprove GOD can look this silly this deaf dumb and blind. To deny the creator they would have us believe that a painting didn't have a painter, that a building didn't have a builder, and that creation had no Creator or that evolution didn't have it's Darwin.

"they believe anything "as long as it's not in the Bible.-Napoleon"
You seriously don't know how stupid that sounds, even more stupid for posting it. You acutally believe that?
Lol nice quote, of course i beleive in everything that's not in the bible... It's more like you believe in everything that's in the bible. I wonder why the bible would have it calling anyone who deny a creator foolish? O i forgot, it's the bible... That again is just proves how it's used to brainwash. Why would it be in there in the first place? Is it so blind to see their view are 100% correct while others are just 'foolish'? Evolution is a concept brought up by Darwin, if it wasn't him it would be someone else. He didn't create evolution...

They believe a theory but explain as fact.

You believe a god, based on nothing and but you explain it as facts.
Evolution is based on data and research and not a belief or what one person wants to think.

The shape of the earth

ISA 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in."

You believe the Earth is flat? As metioned in the bible?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To be honest...and not give a rats arse what atheists think about what I post:

believe in God.

Now don't get your feathers all in a ruffle!

You can respect my above statement or whatever.

I honestly don't give a rats arse whether you want to post to my statement or not.

''It's gotten to such a point in the boards. where everyone and their dog, has had the free rights to admonish MY RIGHTS TO BELIEVE

Pretty sad eh?

I know in my heart there are many things in this world that I CANNOT explain through Scientific means, and yet I hold true to my beliefs.

You would probably lable me as a 'kook'. You know what? I don't give a 'truck'.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There is nothing in this world religion can explain.

Explain this, those who believe in the bible:

""
God be seen?

Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (Ex. 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Tim. 6:16)
""

[edit on 30-8-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

I'm going to say this ONCE ONLY: Religion is manmade.

Did you get that?

Look at my siggy.

I am sick and friggin tired of people coming up to me and asking me to explain my actions.

(taking a deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath now)

OK..I'm gonna start my own Spiritual thread now.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
so is the concept of 'god'....

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

So in there lies the concept of God?

I hope you will grace these boards with an explanation?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Like I said before...I don't give rat's arse whether people like the fact that I believe in God or not.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
To be honest...and not give a rats arse what atheists think about what I post:

believe in God.

And yet you tell others what to believe...
Stop trying to convert the world...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You quoted what I believed!

How dare you say that I was 'telling people what to beleive!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Don't feign to put words in peoples mouths!

If you're going to quote me...at least let the general poplulace know that you are putting me at the 'top of the food chain of quoting'. then give them a heads up

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Enough of the semantics!

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

To deny the creator they would have us believe that a painting didn't have a painter, that a building didn't have a builder, and that creation had no Creator or that evolution didn't have it's Darwin.

This is just a real bad argument. We know that paintings have painters, we know that buildings have builders.

We don't know that the universe had a creator, or was created.

They see no problem with this at all when it comes to saying this or that happened or was likely to happened 70 billion years ago.

70 BILLION.

It takes approximately 65 years JUST to count to a billion but an Atheist knows JUST what happened that millennium down to the day or days the transition took place evolving.

The evidence we have suggests that the universe is about 13-15 billion years or so.

You're also suggesting this is associated with atheism. Science =/= atheism. I posted a link to Richard Weins earlier, he's a Xian nuclear physicist who uses dating techniques.

But I doubt we have the accuracy to date this stuff to the day, or even days. Various multiples of years are the error ranges (i.e. hundreds to hundreds of thousands, depending on the method and ages).

They don't believe the Bible simply because they consider themselves too "intelligent

I submit that all Darwin has done is come up with a "theory" that after all these years,, is no closer to figuring out where we came from WHY we are hear and where we are going then when it was first published.

What is the purpose of our existence? Where is the missing link? And what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Why should I believe the bible?

When I see some decent evidence that it's worth my belief, then it will get my attention.

Darwin's theory was never meant to give meaning to your existence, just to explain the diversity of life. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

God made us for Himself, there is no missing link--because every animal brought forth after its own kind, and that the first chicken came first, and the first egg came second. Looking for any other answer is the idiocy of pseudo intellectual junk science or the religion of Atheism.

So, basically, the bible is dogma. You have been criticising people for dealing in absolutes, but you expect us to take the joke creation story of genesis as an absolute truth.

And again, you are associating evolutionary theory with atheism. This is just BS.

What GOD would have his chosen circumcise themselves was one question.

Why didn't GOD just do it for them?

Come on, this is a nasty procedure that can, and does, go wrong. It can lead to sepsis and all kinds of nasty stuff.

Babies have lost their dingle because of circumcision

...I have seen an analogy about judging a book by it's cover because ugly people get a more raw deal in life and this too proves GOD doesn't exist....

This is so the Atheist deity will not be held accountable for having anyone of his zombie beings, prejudiced by an ugly appearance. Or judging books by their cover.

Way to miss the point. I don't think it does suggest there is no 'designer'. If there was a designer, it suggests she wants us to judge by appearance, or isn't a very good designer.

We have to coax people to work against an element of the 'design', that is, to favour the beautiful. Just like we have to correct other 'design' flaws, such as correcting eyesight.

You could have come up with some ad-hoc explanation. Here, I'll do it for you...

Humans prefer beautiful people because we were made in the image of god, but god is beautiful, and therefore we prefer the human image that is most like the super-omnipotent creator.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
There is nothing in this world religion can explain.

Explain this, those who believe in the bible:

""
God be seen?

Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)

O.K., hold your horses, Genesis 32:30 is talking about Jacob wrestling with the angel of the lord, not God.
Jacob mistakenly says it was God.

In Exodus 33:11,the "face", from Hebrew paniym, or paneh (the part that turns) has many applications.such as beesech, edge, endure, against or form. The translation isn't good.
Moses saw God's back. His face shone so brightly afterward that the Israelites were afraid to look at him and he had to wear a veil.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

O.K., hold your horses, Genesis 32:30 is talking about Jacob wrestling with the angel of the lord, not God.

read the entire chapter, he wrestled with God, not an angel.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

read the entire chapter, he wrestled with God, not an angel.

In verse 24 it says he wrestled a man, if it was God, why would Jacob ask him his name?
Jacob is the only one calling him God.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Iin some reading I was doing last night, I found the most stunning answer to this whole question.

Claiming something exists without evidence, means that it can also be dismissed without evidence.

There is no real evidence for god; only faith in an ancient book.

This is why non-theists are perfectly comfortable dismissing god's existence.

When and if theists can come up with some real, incontrovertible evidence of religious supernatural existence of anything -- angel, demon, devil or god -- then I will be more than happy to re-examine my dismissal of the unprovable.

Until then, the burden of proof is still squarely on the shoulders of the believers, who can't "prove" anything without resorting to the bible. Which, by the way, is no kind of proof, only dogma.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Iin some reading I was doing last night, I found the most stunning answer to this whole question. Claiming something exists without evidence, means that it can also be dismissed without evidence.

Yawn: yeah it's called hearsay and it does'nt surprise me in the least that you are so astounded at the most academic protocol for establishing juris prudence.

Look *SNIP*, I don't know what your beef is with either GOD or religion but I doubt you have even read the bible cover to cover. Your online persona even your avatar illustrates you have a lot of hostility towards something that doesn't even exist according to you. This is why I think you are full of crap. I think you DO believe in GOD and you're mad at him. This explains why all the mistakes YOU deem are flaws for evolution but fit rather nicely for your argument against intelligent design. You have not once posted an argument that would indicate the slightest idea you know anything about what you dissagree with and that includes what you DO agree with . Evolution .

I suppose you expected us to go gah gah over that silly illustration pertaining to hearsay rules in a court of law.

I read that and said "Ya THINK?"

I have been pretty carefull NOT to go into the bible since you don't see it as your standard of truth. I would think the concept of a master creator or GOD.
You call something useless as if GOD has to seek the approval of his creation. If GOD had to get the opinion of every fool that can't see why this was made this way or that way or that everytime his lover plays with his nipples he feels queer. So rather then see a use in that he feels gay effeminate and that makes it a mistake.

Seeing that is the only purpose the male nipple has proves it has a purpose. The idea that GOD had to make everything PERFECT is also subject to your own criteria. The eyeball bunk was just that BUNK.

Just tell me,, how long does an evolutionary transition phase take on average? Hell I'm not too sure any one spieces has existed a billion years.

Of this I am sure, you aren't here to debate jack *SNIP* denyer, you are here just to act as a cheerleader for Mel. He does quite well on his own and with the exception of some things I will post to him next, he has yet to insult something a personal to people as their belief in GOD. I suggest if you want to make a point and insult me OK by me I won't take a compliment from a *SNIP* let alone an insult. Where I would be careful if I were you is you direct assault on Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost.

Laugh, call me superstitious what ever your angst aggression towards the Bible, ME, or Christians can rationalize. Those other two,, You would be doing that at your own risk. You wanna think the person Jesus Christ was a fictional character in a fable,, hey that's your business. If you want to get any more personal then that,,just remember even Darwin had very deep rooted strong christian beliefs and although Einstien didn't agree with the personal GOD Christians do,, HE DID ACKNOWLEDGE a master creator. Now since you say you don't believe in GOD,, what would it take to prove him to you? What if someone walked up to you and told you they were GOD. What would you have him do to prove it?

If you say Science?

Here is your Science but I doubt you will have any idea what this is talking about.
-- Charles Darwin

Ricky Nguyen and Mariama Lowe never really believed in evolution to begin with. But as they took their seats in Room CC-121 at Northern Virginia Community College on November 2, they fully expected to hear what students usually hear in any Biology 101 class: that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution was true.

As professor Caroline Crocker took the lectern, Nguyen sat in the back of the class of 60 students, Lowe in the front. Crocker, who wore a light brown sweater and slacks, flashed a slide showing a cartoon of a cheerful monkey eating a banana. An arrow led from the monkey to a photograph of an exceptionally unattractive man sitting in his underwear on a couch. Above the arrow was a question mark.

Crocker was about to establish a small beachhead for an insurgency that ultimately aims to topple Darwin's view that humans and apes are distant cousins. The lecture she was to deliver had caused her to lose a job at a previous university, she told me earlier, and she was taking a risk by delivering it again. As a nontenured professor, she had little institutional protection. But this highly trained biologist wanted students to know what she herself deeply believed: that the scientific establishment was perpetrating fraud, hunting down critics of evolution to ruin them and disguising an atheistic view of life in the garb of science.
www.washingtonpost.com...

--------------------
*SNIPPED* two personal attacks and a vulgar expression

Please read;

ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Courtesy is mandatory

ALSO;

Added 'ex' tags, trimmed huge cut/paste and added a link to the external material

Please read;

Posting work written by others

[edit on 31/8/07 by masqua]

[edit on 31/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientVoid
The shape of the earth

ISA 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in."

You believe the Earth is flat? As metioned in the bible?

You're calling others fools, when you yourself display foolishness.

"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth."

Of course spheres are 3d not circles. The men who wrote these passages weren't mathematicians. But they knew what they were explaining. That the earth is round. (almost round)

The Bible shouldn't be read as a literal picture book at all times.
It is more so a book of koans, meant to be meditated upon.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by depth om]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

In verse 24 it says he wrestled a man, if it was God, why would Jacob ask him his name?
Jacob is the only one calling him God.

Read it again... you are missing something.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join