It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Maybe the God that we know are the aliens from outer space.

Anyway, everyone questions their belief in God every once in a while. Or so a priest told me that even they do.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theebdk
Anyway, everyone questions their belief in God every once in a while. Or so a priest told me that even they do.

True. Faith unexamined is blind. Which is what leads me to believe that a certain specific person in this thread is in grave need of glasses.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

True. Faith unexamined is blind. Which is what leads me to believe that a certain specific person in this thread is in grave need of glasses.

yeah I may need glasses but there are people who are totally blind.

that it's ok for the entirety of a nation's firstborn to die, for crops to be ruined, and for an entire nation to be devestated for a "chosen" group of people?
no, the moral of the story isn't valid.

uh God gave them fair warning. Pharaoh decided not to listen and to be stubborn. he gave him chance after chance with little, less harmful plagues.

"yeah and there is way too much evidence against it as well. laws that contradict that theory altogether."

"provide them"

well lets look at the big bang theory real quick,
www.big-bang-theory.com...

quoted from this website which says that many experts.... this and that....

"Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing. So where and in what did the singularity appear if not in space? We don't know. We don't know where it came from, why it's here, or even where it is. All we really know is that we are inside of it and at one time it didn't exist and neither did we."

wow that sounds like a logical theory to me. see everybody, we call came from a dot and the dot from from nothing. nothing existed and then all of the sudden an expansion of some sort happened and here we are. if these things did not exist, then this theory goes against the first law of thermodynamics.
you want to call that science? no thats just a dumb theory that even sounds stupid.

and you completely miss my point that the bible says the earth is a circle, not a sphere.

uhm a circle to be viewed as a circle from any point of view has to be a sphere. you gonna tell me that if I told you that I was round that im saying I am shaped like a disk?

you're forgetting about geological shifts. we're talking the course of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of years.

well first of all you dont know that the earth is even a million years old, you werent there when the earth was created and you werent there to watch teh canhon from over millions of years. you believe this happened.

secondly. what you are saying is that the grand canyon could have been formed from just geological shifts. we dont even need water.

btw, air is a little less dense, I think water would remove a little more that air would, people use water to cut through things all the time, ive never heard of cutting through anything with air.

incorrect, you're thinking of CARBON dating. other forms of radiometric dating extend far further.

wow you actually admitted that. you are the first.

that's only if it was like that way from the very beginning... have you ever noticed that the banks of a river are typically higher at the mouth of a river?

deposits at the end of the canyon over millions of years caused that change

or you can get the same thing with a huge dam. especially since there are small rivers that flow backwards into the Colorado river. rivers dont to that. but these ones do. and uh, the river doesnt end there, so why would the deposits decide to pile up there?

Niagara Falls should be eroded back way further than it is right now. if the earth is that old, the falls shouldnt even be there anymore.

the thing is that water CAN'T make somthing like that in a matter of weeks

do you know that for a fact?
have you ever talked to a farmer who has a dam? you ever ask one what happens when water goes over the dam? it washed out a huge slot in a matter of hours.

Read Next Post...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It is written that the ancient Mexicans (Aztecs/Mayans) were giving the knowledge by the Gods to create the famous Calander that are infact accurate astronomical events. Even today, humans cannot solve this mystery even without the use of computers. So can someone tell me, do the Mexican Gods exist, or were the ancient Mexicans über-brainiacs?

well I believe that God gave us the stars and for signs and seasons.
and if this is true, this proves two things: that there is a God, the mexicans could be confusing my God with another god. and that humans today are not as intelligent as they were back in the day. which totally goes against the theory of evolution. evolution says that we are getting smarter. if that were true, we would be able to solve the mystery with or without the use of computers.

no, they wrote it as they imagined it... because it never happened.
even in genesis it says that the sun goes round the earth...
it also says that the moon is a light... not that it reflects light

it says that both are light when this too is technically incorrect. the sun is not light. it produces light by burning of chemicals, and so does the moon by reflecting light. get over the context!

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Methuselah]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah

well I believe that God gave us the stars and for signs and seasons.
and if this is true, this proves two things: that there is a God, the mexicans could be confusing my God with another god. and that humans today are not as intelligent as they were back in the day. which totally goes against the theory of evolution. evolution says that we are getting smarter. if that were true, we would be able to solve the mystery with or without the use of computers.

I think people are getting dumber....*sneeze*

But how dare you say that people were less intelligent in the time of the Mayans? These people made incredible advances. Sure, they didn't have the same technology level as we do today, but given what they had to work with, one should be humbled by what they came up with. Technological advancement is built on what's available at the point of epoch. Doesn't make those in the past any less smart than today.

Your logic doesn't even make any sense. The guy was saying we can't even figure out how they were able to make these calendars with all our "advanced" technology. And you're saying that "proves" that they were less intelligent than us?

Oh wait, and then you say that this is proof of God. Uhh....right.....

I don't know how much more of this I can handle ...

[edit on 21-8-2007 by iceofspades]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I think people are getting dumber....*sneeze*

But how dare you say that people were less intelligent in the time of the Mayans? These people made incredible advances. Sure, they didn't have the same technology level as we do today, but given what they had to work with, one should be humbled by what they came up with. Technological advancement is built on what's available at the point of epoch. Doesn't make those in the past any less smart than today.

Your logic doesn't even make any sense. The guy was saying we can't even figure out how they were able to make these calendars with all our "advanced" technology. And you're saying that "proves" that they were less intelligent than us?

Oh wait, and then you say that this is proof of God. Uhh....right.....

I don't know how much more of this I can handle ...

perhaps you, again, didnt read close enough which resulted in you misunderstanding what I wrote.

basically what I wrote since you cant read and understand is: that modern man cant understand what ancient man has created, something as accurate and complex as this.
this shows that ancient man was intelligent and this fact goes against the evolution theory, according to the concept of evolution we are getting smarter. if this is true then why cant we figure this mystery out? why does it seem that ancient man was smarter than us? at least in this field?

oh and I believe he said it was without our "advanced" technology, being that they didnt have it.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

uh God gave them fair warning. Pharaoh decided not to listen and to be stubborn. he gave him chance after chance with little, less harmful plagues.

then he should've dealt with PHARAOH. egypt wasn't a democracy, the people of egypt had zero say in how their leader acted. the people were punished for something that wasn't their fault at all
and then it says that in the story god hardened pharaoh's heart to all the requests made....... why would said being do that?

well lets look at the big bang theory real quick,
www.big-bang-theory.com...

quoted from this website which says that many experts.... this and that....

"Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing. So where and in what did the singularity appear if not in space? We don't know. We don't know where it came from, why it's here, or even where it is. All we really know is that we are inside of it and at one time it didn't exist and neither did we."

wow that sounds like a logical theory to me. see everybody, we call came from a dot and the dot from from nothing. nothing existed and then all of the sudden an expansion of some sort happened and here we are. if these things did not exist, then this theory goes against the first law of thermodynamics.
you want to call that science? no thats just a dumb theory that even sounds stupid.

the dot didn't come from nothing, prior to our universe there was nothing of our universe. we don't know what exists outside our universe....
and it doesn't go against the first law of thermodynamics. the singularity CAME FROM SOMEWHERE. it wasn't spontaneously created...

you didn't provide anything within the universe to contradict the theory.

uhm a circle to be viewed as a circle from any point of view has to be a sphere. you gonna tell me that if I told you that I was round that im saying I am shaped like a disk?

round and circular aren't the same. round deals with 3 dimensional properties, circular can't. the language used, particularly the ancient hebrew, points us to the obvious conclusion that they believed the earth was a disc, not a sphere.

well first of all you dont know that the earth is even a million years old, you werent there when the earth was created and you werent there to watch teh canhon from over millions of years. you believe this happened.

that's a very stupid question. you don't have to observe something to know it happened, you can indirectly gauge the age of the earth.
we can use methods of radiometric dating to figure out how old the earth was.
and the earth wasn't "created" it formed.

[qupte]
secondly. what you are saying is that the grand canyon could have been formed from just geological shifts. we dont even need water.

....no, i didn't. i said that you're not taking into account that the geology could have shifted the one side of the canyon well after it had started forming...
and again, the mouth of a river has a higher elevation that the other banks of a river because it gets the most deposits...

btw, air is a little less dense, I think water would remove a little more that air would, people use water to cut through things all the time, ive never heard of cutting through anything with air.

i'm just talking about mars on that one. and it isn't the AIR, it's the wind. wind erosion is wind carrying particals that then scrape against surfaces and slowly erode something.... it's why the pyramids are eroding.

incorrect, you're thinking of CARBON dating. other forms of radiometric dating extend far further.

wow you actually admitted that. you are the first.

i admitted that you're wrong? other forms of radiometric dating aside from carbon dating extend to hundreds of millions or billions of years. we don't need carbon dating to figure the age of the earth, we have other forms. for example, we use argon dating for dinosaur fossils.

Niagara Falls should be eroded back way further than it is right now. if the earth is that old, the falls shouldnt even be there anymore.

....no it shouldn't. it would only be eroded further back if it's been there from the begginging.

do you know that for a fact?
have you ever talked to a farmer who has a dam? you ever ask one what happens when water goes over the dam? it washed out a huge slot in a matter of hours.

yes.... but that isn't bedrock we're talking about.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Consider this:
That which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.

So it is with the Crystal, how the one light is manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.

Is it not hard to get someone to see, something they currently cannot see?
Even more so if they do not try.

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
TextTextText Purple

I have not even read all the posts on this thread
so i am not really "hip" to what is going on BUT
I had to answer your original question......
CUZ
i happen to
REALLY
KNOW GOD
thats why i can tell you
HE IS
o>K. "HE"
is not believable cuz society thru the years has made Him into santa claus, fairy tale, or way out impossibility
Here's the true blue baby
whether u r ready 4 it or not
cuz i am one of the ones "HE"
has sent to answer these questions, help people "SEE"
and other jobs that do not pay, and have always caused my family
hell(ironically!)
Yet, since i could recall (back in my crib- no lie!)
I knew what i was s'possed to do
and yes, I KNOW HIM

#1------------HE is not human, nor does he resemble one.....yes, we have heard we were created in his image.....this "image"- is of a great beautiful energy source of light that has only been breifly seen by some when near death
................( the "eden" tale of eve- that explains of her punishment for the eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge was her mortality, the shamefull covering of her body, and the pain of reproducing...........................[the covering was of the soul- the energy light form- put in its human shell- which could only live for so long , before the soul burned it out -the reproduction routine is to teach by repetition....in a way.....if you can grasp my meaning.... if not try again some o
ther time!!!!
#2- God is not in "heaven.....He IS....period just IS......look aroud.....all you seee, hear, breathe is part of the un imaginable power that created it all......
# 3- Last but not least- He just wants to remind you.....b 4 u question any of this topic

ask yourself
"what do i have 2 loose if i am wrong and there IS no GOD &
i followed all his teacchings 4 nothing
..............At the worst .....at least you did nothing to harm another and tryed to live a happy life
but if there Is A GOD and you did not BELIEVE
think of ALLLLLLL that u stand 2 loose
then make your desisions accordingly....
THis is the message of THE LORD.,
renee

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Consider this:
That which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.

So it is with the Crystal, how the one light is manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.

Is it not hard to get someone to see, something they currently cannot see?
Even more so if they do not try.

Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
WOW!
i am impressed!
That is one of the most beautiful, and perfectly worded explanations i have ever heard..............
There it is , plain and simple
nothing left to say after that, but

........Amen...........................
thank-you
renee

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
HIFIGUY, this isn't a matter of perception. there are far too many different answers to the question for it to be simply about perception. it's about EVIDENCE. one side realizes that there isn't any.... the rest don't.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
im still waiting for an explanation for this...

"According to the many experts however, space didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. Back in the late '60s and early '70s, when men first walked upon the moon, "three British astrophysicists, Steven Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose turned their attention to the Theory of Relativity and its implications regarding our notions of time. In 1968 and 1970, they published papers in which they extended Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to include measurements of time and space.1, 2 According to their calculations, time and space had a finite beginning that corresponded to the origin of matter and energy."3 The singularity didn't appear in space; rather, space began inside of the singularity. Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing. So where and in what did the singularity appear if not in space? We don't know. We don't know where it came from, why it's here, or even where it is. All we really know is that we are inside of it and at one time it didn't exist and neither did we."

the dot didn't come from nothing, prior to our universe there was nothing of our universe. we don't know what exists outside our universe....
and it doesn't go against the first law of thermodynamics. the singularity CAME FROM SOMEWHERE. it wasn't spontaneously created...

you didn't provide anything within the universe to contradict the theory.

holy crap dude! it says right there that "Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing." if there was nothing, that definitely goes against the first law of TD.

watch this video
www.allaboutscience.org...

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Methuselah]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Methuselah]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
HIFIGUY, this isn't a matter of perception. there are far too many different answers to the question for it to be simply about perception. it's about EVIDENCE. one side realizes that there isn't any.... the rest don't.

So right you are...hence my words which are not my own...

"That which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another"

Observe the Honey Bee. He sees a world of Ultra Violet. You do not.

Because the Bee sees what we do not, does that mean the Ultra Violet world or the bee do not exist?

100 Years ago, we could not see Ultra Violet. Today we can.

Because one cannot see, does not mean their is nothing to be seen.
The Gamma Ray, the X ray, the neutrino and the Microwave.

See the ink blot test? See how one man says its a butterfly and the next a bird. How the woman says its a flower and a child a cloud. Yet all are the same image. One cannot convince the other, for in their minds eye, they see what they see.

The Truth is...its an ink blot

Peace

[edit on 22-8-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lenisey
ask yourself
"what do i have 2 loose if i am wrong and there IS no GOD &
i followed all his teacchings 4 nothing
..............At the worst .....at least you did nothing to harm another and tryed to live a happy life
but if there Is A GOD and you did not BELIEVE
think of ALLLLLLL that u stand 2 loose
then make your desisions accordingly....
THis is the message of THE LORD.,
renee

Are you trying to brainwash people?
This is what it has done to you. You are now scared of this 'god' and think not believing will somehow effect your gain. People who believe are either doing for their only profit or gain or just blinded and brainwashed.

You lose time and obtain false hope...
I don't start believing in the lock nests monster and asking myself what do i have to lose or gain. What do i lose in this? According to your views, nothing.

Believing in god got nothing to do with harming others or not. Both sides has individuals who are intent on harming others. I don't go and try harming people and who wouldn't want a happy life?

If there is a god, then he must know how stupid it is for man to believe in something which is unknown, unseen and comes from the stories and mouth of man. If god is there then why does he care if people believe in him or not? Isn't he too great for followers? Tell me exactly what i stand to lose and who or what told you this information.

According to believers the only 'sin' i have made is not believing.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Are you trying to brainwash people?
This is what it has done to you. You are now scared of this 'god' and think not believing will somehow effect your gain. People who believe are either doing for their only profit or gain or just blinded and brainwashed.

no dude! thats pure logic! that is a looking at both sides and stating facts about both. a statement that you dont like because it cuts deep and provokes thought. thoughts you dont want to think about because you know that if something like this were true, it would change your lifestyle, and you dont want to change.

think again, what if I am right? there is nothing to lose either way... for me that is. but if you are wrong, you will be judged and you will not get a second chance. this is it! just like in the day of Noah, he kept telling those people that a flood was coming and all they did was laugh. God gives you a chance to turn to him as your source of freedom and life. its up to you to take that chance.

oh yeah and im still waiting for an explanation on how matter and energy from come from nothing as it is stated in the article.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Methuselah]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

no dude! thats pure logic! that is a looking at both sides and stating facts about both. a statement that you dont like because it cuts deep and provokes thought. thoughts you dont want to think about because you know that if something like this were true, it would change your lifestyle, and you dont want to change.

Of course IF god were true and proven true it would change the whole world. That statement is just stupid. The fact this hasn't happened and that's why it's called religion and not a fact. Btw, who says i don't want change? Change is something you can't hide from, i know that and i accept it. That's why i don't live isolated and shut off from the world. The only thing that will change anyways is my belief.

think again, what if I am right? there is nothing to lose either way... for me that is. but if you are wrong, you will be judged and you will not get a second chance. this is it! just like in the day of Noah, he kept telling those people that a flood was coming and all they did was laugh. God gives you a chance to turn to him as your source of freedom and life. its up to you to take that chance.

Again, i have nothing to lose if i believe in the lock nest monster, but that doesn't make me believe it. Again, where do you get the information that i will be judged? You really believe Noah collected two of every animal? The answer would be obvious if you think this through.

If Noah and his ark were true:
Think about this, if a stranger comes up to you and says a flood is coming (killing all of mankind) or something else like the earth is going to go ka-boom. Would you seriously believe it?

oh yeah and im still waiting for an explanation on how matter and energy from come from nothing as it is stated in the article.

I'm no scientist, but i can say this. If it's an article doesn't mean it's true. Even so science is an every growing area and someday we may find out. Plus i don't see why not? Same reason you beleive god was always there, no beginning or end.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I dont know who is leaving all these posts but I do believe you all exist and are not some computer leaving random messages from somplace out in cyber space... I dont have proof of that, but I am pretty sure.
I dont think the bible has much to do with the word of any god, but that of men... with some stuff stolen from the anciant summarians to start it all off. Actually, the best explination I have ever heard for the bible was that it is suppose to be an astrological calander similar to the Mayan one.
Jesus's time would have represented the age of Pisces.
Lately I have found an interest in Quantum Physics, it is really interesting and I think may bridge the gap between science and religion one day, that may calm a hell of a lot of arguments here on earth. So much pain religion has caused... its like a negative pattern we need to get out of.
Hell is the torment we cause ourselves as a collective whole here on this planet not some place you go to for being bad, thats silly to me.
I do believe in "God" but I believe each persons perception of "God" is and should be unique. And even if some people do not believe in God it doesn't matter does it, why should it? I hope I am not offending anyone, it is just my own opinion. If we could just get all religions to come together and focus on the main point of their beliefs and hold that one common thread and toss the rest... there would most likely be one giant love fest hehe!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I dont know who all are active in this thread. I saw "Mr. Hexidecimal" is the one who started this thread.

Now, actually, regarding God, is there a specific way in which the unbelievers can prove that there is no God?

Let me ask some of my doubts; About formation of Life on earth.

Scientists are telling that some carbon compounds were formed due to the effect of lightning in the water in anciet Earth. Now, what is the probability that an amino acid can be formed by this process? There are many number of elements and compounds on the surface of the earth. How can that formed amino acid sustain in that rough conditions. And weirdly enough, scientists are telling that many amino acid molecules were formed in a locality and they combined in the particular ratio to form a protein molecule!!! Now, how is that possible? Some mathematics student please calculate the probability and tell me that.

Another main point is the 2nd(or 3rd; I dont remember) theorem of thermodynamics tells us that if any closed system is left on its own, the entropy of the system increases with time. For example, if we make a house and leave it on its own, it will degrade. It will lose its shining, colors, stregth... etc. After some years it will be destroyed completely. We will not see house getting better and better on its own day by day. Also, we will never see a broken glass joining to become the original glass when it is left alone.

But scientists tells us that the amino acid molecules developed to form a protein molecule, Many proteins combined to form cells, and cells combined to form bacteria...and so on..

My point is, how could all this happen systematically on its own? How could all this be perfectly done without an external intervention?
Also, how did the primitive cells survive? Who told them to survive? How did the first cell know it must survive in the water? If you are a bigger living thing than a bacteria, or a cell, you may know that you must survive... You will run fom enemy, heat, acid etc.. But how did the primitive cells that 'randomly' formed know that?

Also, why did the first cell think that: 'Oh..its time to reproduce now'?

Why would all these things happen without a God?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by niyazlife

Hi Niyazlife... check this out.... you might find it intersting, 2 short clips... to me that proves there is some intellegent force out there, let me know what you think. ~ J ~

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment

Quantum Healing with Dr. Lo

I think "God" needs a new image and understanding, "God" is so so so much grander then we give it credit for. I am so excited about quantum theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join