It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you honestly believe in God.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Today he is God and maybe in a billion years he is your drinking buddy, but the big question is what is God? Neither side of this argument can win for neither has any empirical data to challenge the other. The funny part is both sides rely on faith, not just the believers.

Very true. In fact, everything in my opinion is based on faith, since there is no way to be objective in observation. Basically everything is true but equally untrue. I just wish that people would realize that and quit killing each other over "THE TRUTH"!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

Today he is God and maybe in a billion years he is your drinking buddy, but the big question is what is God? Neither side of this argument can win for neither has any empirical data to challenge the other. The funny part is both sides rely on faith, not just the believers.

Very true. In fact, everything in my opinion is based on faith, since there is no way to be objective in observation. Basically everything is true but equally untrue. I just wish that people would realize that and quit killing each other over "THE TRUTH"!

Dude, you are the man. Thank you for saying that. That is the crux of every post I have ever made.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You don't have to be religious to believe in God. What is God after all? To me, God is the colective total of all energy. " Energy never dies , it only changes form." I beleive all living things continue. But how exactatly? We all have to wait for that answer.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
You don't have to be religious to believe in God. What is God after all? To me, God is the colective total of all energy. " Energy never dies , it only changes form." I beleive all living things continue. But how exactatly? We all have to wait for that answer.

I kind of believe that same idea. God is not a real entity, but rather whatever force connects all things. It seems like this force is nothing that can be completely explained from within a mortal coil...rather something that will become apparent at the point, if it comes, in which humans become one with the universe as energy.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

Originally posted by dollmonster

I kind of believe that same idea. God is not a real entity, but rather whatever force connects all things. It seems like this force is nothing that can be completely explained from within a mortal coil...rather something that will become apparent at the point, if it comes, in which humans become one with the universe as energy.

Your posts just get better and better...

That's not sarcasm

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Your posts just get better and better...

That's not sarcasm

Thanks! That means a lot to me!

Really, I appreciate it ;]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have a question, does an atheist who lives his life like a saint, but does not believe in god go to heaven? (lets just pretent heaven exists)

Also if god does exist then why bother himself, and care so much about us pathetic humans. If god existed id say that the devil was winning the war, grab a pitchfork and bow to satan. (just to clear this up im not a satanist)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
I have a question, does an atheist who lives his life like a saint, but does not believe in god go to heaven? (lets just pretent heaven exists)

I think the best answer to this question is for you to watch "Erik the Viking".

This hilarious satire is set in a time when Vikings are first being exposed to Christian missionarys. Whenever there is a great Viking mythological beast, many of the crew are killed and damage ensues, but the monk just can't see any of it, and likewise is immune. But the same also happens the other way around...

It is a great movie, and I think would go miles toward answering that question.

Also if god does exist then why bother himself, and care so much about us pathetic humans. If god existed id say that the devil was winning the war, grab a pitchfork and bow to satan. (just to clear this up im not a satanist)

You would say that because your concepts of "winning a war" and "God" are given to you by others. Theologically speaking, they could have said the same about the flood.. "The devil is winning", when actually, according to the story, it was brought about by God himself!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yet when evil things happen they all blame the devil cause they need something to put their hatred toward, what if it was god that was breaking the rules, and one of his angels (satan) decided to start a rebellion for the cause of good, and god just made him out to look evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Tankthinker,
Not true! I got to know enough of the devil years ago to know he doesn't care for anyone except to get as much out of them as he can and then discard them!
When I called on Jesus, I got a new life!
Don't put your confidence in pagan legends...
I used to be a feminist palm-reader by the way.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i am interested to know in what way the devil wronged you and how jesus saved you.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
Yet when evil things happen they all blame the devil cause they need something to put their hatred toward, what if it was god that was breaking the rules, and one of his angels (satan) decided to start a rebellion for the cause of good, and god just made him out to look evil.

Nice one TankThinker!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

In an infinite universe all possibilities are also infinite, so to answer your question, yes god exists...

And by that very nuance, at the same time, God does not exist...

Because all possibilities are there in the wave equation.

Its like Light... Particle or Wave? Depends on how you look for it.

The eye of the beholder controls everything that really matters.

Hi there Q

Hope your day has been productive and good. so far. PM is you like.

Just so you know this little bit of fact. Just take it as from a big sister, who sweats and gets tired at times too.

Possibilities are understood as a possible not a negative; meaning a "yea" not a 'nay' in the corner of what is unknown to those who don't know.

With God, Jesus said, all things (He's especially speaking about Salvation being given to man) are Possible. But with man (still speaking about Salvation) it is impossible. God can speak in the positive and in the negitive. And Jesus wasn't lying to His Disciples, or He would have never been able to raise Himself from the Dead. That what makes 'a lie' does not have Eternal Life in them. I use to not either, until God "happened to me".

God happens to other by Supernatural Experience, it's inside the cup, not outside. The outside will happen (good works and such) once the inside of the cup is cleansed.

Peace always to you my Pearl-friend,

Connie

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
isn't it possible to not fall asleep if you dont want to? thats a possibility right, so why isnt god doesnt exist a possibility. It would be the possiblilty that there is no entity. I would also like to know if god has spoken to you personally?

By the way i dont know what the hell "god" was saying, i dont need salvation, its probably the opposite of what i need or want from him.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How?
The same way anyone else will tell you how.
The Spirit of God.
You ask for youself.
You get on your knees and sincerely pray and you will get an answer.
You are asking everyone else the wrong questions.
Ask first. Then if no answer, then the criticism.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4thefuture
How?
The same way anyone else will tell you how.
The Spirit of God.
You ask for youself.
You get on your knees and sincerely pray and you will get an answer.
You are asking everyone else the wrong questions.

I can get on my knees and pray desperately for some Taco Bell.
Damn I'm hungry.
If I happen to drive by a Taco Bell, does that mean my prayers are influencing a higher power?

OF COURSE! This MUST mean God is real!

But the diarrhea I got from the three bean burritos...that's the Devil's fault.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4thefuture

I've asked and found it was all a crock.

Can I criticize now?

How do you know that the answer you receive isn't coming from inside your own brain?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

so what you are saying is that if you were God and someone tried to overthrow you and take your thrown, you wouldnt have done the same thing?

God does not like evil or sin. thats why Lucifer was thrown out, iniquity was found in him.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

i am interested to know in what way the devil wronged you and how jesus saved you.

I guess you dont know the difference between Gods love and the devils agenda.

Gods love is unconditional, and giving.
he devil uses, manipulates, lies and takes.

its clear why someone would choose Jesus to be their savior.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't think we can ever fully get rid of the God, or the Devil. There will always be a negitive and a positive. On Earth, we humans create the Devil. There is a way to stop creating the Devil on Earth, but that will only happen when everyone learns what everything is made of. Thats when they become one. One whole God of the planet, instead of half God half Devil.

What if I told you God, is actually a typo, and it meant "Good".

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join