It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's your favorite Bad Sci-Fi movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
For me it would have to be Cyborg. Had a lot of relevant things, a plague, pretty decent fight scenes. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic movies...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love sci fi movies. Maybe even especially the bad ones, since they're the ones I grew up with.

There's two kinds of "bad". There's the bad that's just so cheezy it's entertaining for just the badness factor, like Plan 9 from Outer Space, widely regarded as the worst movie ever made. Anything with a guy in a rubber suit where you can see the zippers qualifies. Extra points for scenes where the boom mic swings down into the shot.

Then there's the "boring bad". Not bad enough to qualify as entertainingly bad, and no redeeming value at all.

If I had to pick ONE, I might choose This Island Earth. At least today. Another one that comes to mind as a favorite bad one is The Brain Eaters.

But I could probably list close to a hundred from the late 50s through mid 60s era, many made to run as double features at drive-ins.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is a real toughie, but I am going to have to go with "Killer Clowns from Outer Space". While being so unbelievably cheesy, it has remained one of my all time favorites.

I was going to pick "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes", but that one doesnt have as much pizzazz as Killer Clowns. IF you havent seen KC, I highly suggest you watch it. It is oh so good.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There are quite a few to choose from I would go with DarkStar, and This Island Earth if you add in fantasy movies Hawk the Slayer and the Deathstalker series

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't remember where i saw this one but it was horrible. Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. It stars Raul Julia as a computer programmer against a 1984 style government.

edit to fix hyperlink

[edit on 8/2/2007 by AegisFang]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'd have to say, for me, it's a toss up between "The brain from planet Arous", starring John Agar and "Attack of the crab monsters". They're both so bad that I can't pick just one. These two are at the top of my list; "The incredible melting man" gets honrable mention.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Creature from the Black Lagoon

THE THING (the original not the John Carpenter remake)

The Incredible Shrinking Man

Soooo many more..............

Hey Mojo!

I'm sorry,were you listing the best or the worst sci-fi movies?:LOL:
"The Thing" is one of the best "classic" sci-fi films ever made, IMHO.
Or maybe I just have bad taste; I would take "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" any day over, say, "Swamp Thing" but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The best B grade sci fi. Some of the overacting in "The Creature" has me in stitches every time. I thought the original "Thing" was crap, the remake was much better. And the "Incredible Shrinking Man" had pretty good special effects for its time but that was about it. But hey its all personal choice, i coulda put another 20 or so in place of those.

Did i stuff up.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im sorry guys, this may not count because it was never ever released and had a budget next to zero.

It's the 1994 Fantastic Four:

Take a peek and have a laff, i did

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Smugallo]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes springs to mind. It was so laughably dreadful that I laughed out loud through the whole thing, which qualifies as good entertainment.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Im sorry guys, this may not count because it was never ever released and had a budget next to zero.

It's the 1994 Fantastic Four:

Take a peek and have a laff, i did

video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Smugallo]

SO laughibly bad. Wasn't this made so that they didn't lose the rights to FF? I don't remember the exacts...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The original FF movie was made on just under a million bucks so, in fact, they wouldn't lose the movie rights. I actually have a copy of the film at home, and I just love watching it to get a laugh.

Just watch for Dr. Doom to flex after getting shot at in the sewers... priceless!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Attack of the Killer Tomatos... Pass the ketchup.

So bad, it's one of my all time favorites.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think there was one where Santa fought Martians. Hands down awesome. That, or Killer Tomatoes.

new topics

top topics

join