It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Kevin Garnett make Celtics meaningful again???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
honestly? Granted they are in the east, so this move alone puts them at least in the second round of the playoffs if they stay healthy (60 games at least for KG, Pierce and Allen). I don't see them winning a title, but then again, they haven't played together. We'll see in a few months. This means crap for my Knicks, thought they would take the division this year. O well...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This huge not only for the Celtics but for the NBA in general, it gives something else to talk about and the ref scandal now would take a back seat.

I think this group of players would perform well in the E.Conference, I just can wait to see them play toghether.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sure and if they slip the refs a few greenbacks then they could walk away with the title as well.

Good luck to um!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think this trio will work better than the trio we had here in Houston; Olajuwon, Pippen, and Barkley. The key is Ray Allen, he's a deadly shooter and he's going to open up so many lanes for Pierce to drive and dish off to Garnett if necessary. I think it's going to work really well, especially in the East.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if the trio goes to the championship. I'm buying my ten games season ticket package that I use to get when they were half decent. The trio are going to put people in the seats, and I'm going to one of them. There is finally a positive buzz about this team.

Its going to be a big difference going to games this year and not routing against them.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by testrat]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Five years ago, this'd be an awesome threesome, even today they'll be dangerous. Lebron and the boys better not get complaisant or they'll get smoked, Bostons now better than Miami, Boston gets the third seed out of the east baring injury. Maybe second, if Cleveland sleepwalks through the regular season.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Reggie Miller is now considering coming out of retirement and playing for the Celtics in a reserve role. Even though this guy is old, I'm sure he can play10-15 minutes a night.

story

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I heard that about Reggie a couple of hours ago. Came to put it on this thread and ta daa you beat me to it.

Celtics would be stupid to not take him, if he's willing. He's the consummate professional and has a work ethic that can only be a positive influence on his teammates. I'd be shocked if he isn't still in great shape, and I don't think it would take him long to be in basketball shape, at least enough to play a quarter or so.

It will be tough to see him suited up in anything but Pacers blue and gold, but if it works out, I'll be pulling for him to get a ring.

A great guy and a class act all the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Knick's fans must be cringing.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Definitely. This will be huge for the Celtics. If they can stay healthy this season and develop a good chemistry, they will be contenders next season. No doubt about it.

top topics

join