It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Here Will Accept A Real ID Card???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And so, while you would not extend the governments graces to those who choose not to conform, you create a second class of citizens that live within the society. Impoverished and lacking the standard of living for those who "Play along" with the communal concept.

Well the people who live on the streets now arnt always there because of bad luck. Some of them prefer it.

People who dont conform to the standards of society lose out, society is the rigid shape in the middle of chaos. if society conformed to people then there would be no point because society would lose its cohesion.

Self defense is killing someone who is attempting to kill you. Or injuring someone who is attemping to kill you.

The grey area is if you kill a person who is threatening you. Do you know if they will kill you? No, do you know if they are even serious with their threats? no.

should the person doing the defending get punished?

if you think about it, its a hard decision.

Everyone has the right to use whatever force to defend themselves or those they love that they deem necessary, whereby it does not go out of their way; such as pre-emptively assaulting someone who has threatened them with violence.

Sounds like Iraq, really

But seriously. I do agree. People should be able to defend themselves. But criminals need a motivation to do crime generally.

In the society which i want to create...

I) Chips, so how do you steal?
II) If you force a transfer of funds, the transfer can be tagged later, retrieved and the criminal can be punished

This is only monetary and greed reasons. For reasons of revenge its a whole different idea. Hense the whole 'age of respect' idea.

Killing in self defense is not an extreme, it is a reactionary response.

Killing of any kind is an extreme. Death shouldnt be as prevalent as it is.

Nobody should pay with their lives. Ideally, people would be put on trial for their actions. I don't condone violence for violence sake, but I understand that situations are rarely ideal ones.

True. I agree

I do want to help humanity as a whole, but not if it means dictating to any portion of the world or any given society what is moral, what is immoral, what will be accepted and what won't.

But that is the structure of society. It dictates what is right and wrong and enforces it, people who disagree can protest or leave. its how it is now, already.

Communities should be allowed to make their own decisions, no matter how immoral or unjust other communities feel it is.

That just means that we go back to the feudal system. Lots of little states attacking and disagreeing with each other.

Cohesion is needed.

I feel that you at least have some rationality, considering you would consider if people were leaving your utopia, that it might not be as utopic as you would believe. That is very big of you.

I dont consider myself a god, much as people try to tell me

I am fallible, i can make mistakes. I will always need people around me, people to tell me when im being an idiot.

how am i supposed to rule a people who dont talk to me?

Ahh, but see, that heavy handed issue is where I part ways. Just because much of society views something as amoral/immoral or barbaric does not give them the right to dictate to the world or other communities what they feel should be.

again, that is the nature of society. The person can change themselves, change to a society that does allow what they do, or seek to change society.

Chaos is a required element for balance. All things in moderation, for all things there is a season.

Hense why i still promote freedom within my ideal. A free populace is alive and vibrant and its collective intelligence creates a new and beautiful extelligence.

Freedom within society=chaos within order.

It should be chaos within order, not the other way round.

Has anyone seen the video of the family in Florida that voluntereed to have these implants? Its disgusting!

Why is it disgusting?

but then I saw the video and there is no way that it can be dug out of the body!
hmmm, that is strange, where is it located?

What We See Depends Mainly On What You Look For.

i love your sig!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Why is it disgusting?

The Needle they use to put the RFID chip in, is very long... and this one was placed in the back neck area so that is lays on the inside of the spinal colum(sp?)
Not sure if this is how they will all be placed in the body since this event with the family in Florida did take place a few years ago. I'm no expert on this subject at all, just intriqued and hoping it doesn't take place in my lifetime or my son's.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maximus

The problem being, of course, is that society does conform to people. Society is formed of people.

I imagine a world where, yes, certain fundamental rules may apply. Yet the beauty in mankind is in the diverse cultures and richness of varied views and opinions. People should be able to choose which societies rules they want to live by, the problem with a uniform empire of the world is that there's nowhere for people who dissent to go. They can't form a society with radically different mores of right and wrong because there is nowhere to form it. And thus, they are slaves to a system.

Most bad behavior comes out of dissatisfaction with something. Often it is a result of feeling you need or deserve or want something that is not being provided; something that you feel you are deprived of.

On the other hand, you should consider that those fringe people are both bad and good. They cause the most problems, and they give the most back to society as well. Murderers are a fringe, so are Geniuses. Both operate outside of what people consider normal, one is entirely harmful. The other could be viewed as harmful as well, because they cause imbalance in a sure system.

New ideas are the enemy of a static state, and for New Ideas to flourish, there must be a place for people that do not fit into communal ideas. The self interested person is often the person with the most self empowerment to change the world, for better or worse.

Without this, Society itself stagnates. Whether it is a communist society, a capitalist society, or what have you.

I hope I have given you some food for thought throughout this discussion, as I have rather enjoyed speaking with you, even though our views may differ on things.

What I will concede from all of your own arguments is that I do believe that people need to be more self-responsible, respectful, as well as caring and compassionate towards others. For me, I have always thought that the Ultima System of Virtues was a very good example of a ethos system.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Thank you ColdDragon! It is difficult for alot of people to discuss ideas that are different from their own, and it is much appreciated in general, and on this thread. Im sure Octav. Max. will agree

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The problem being, of course, is that society does conform to people. Society is formed of people.

Society, though, is half formed for people and half formed as a barrier to people. It is used as a means of control (no negative connotations) and organisation. Its what makes a government a government instead of a group of people.

I imagine a world where, yes, certain fundamental rules may apply. Yet the beauty in mankind is in the diverse cultures and richness of varied views and opinions.

unless people respect each other enough, these views will usually lead to conflict, and people will choose sides, and it all goes downhill. The point of the government is to alleviate these disputes and to make both parties happy, or to pick a side.

People should be able to choose which societies rules they want to live by, the problem with a uniform empire of the world is that there's nowhere for people who dissent to go.

I would allow them to live outside of the city, we can trade, speak, anything. But they do not gain the benefits of being a citizen unless they choose to.

They can't form a society with radically different mores of right and wrong because there is nowhere to form it. And thus, they are slaves to a system.

the system is in place to ensure the law, peace and morality of the people is maintained. A people who dont agree, again, can complain their arguement to the government, or they can leave.

It is harsh in some ways, but you cannot get something for nothing. You need to take the upsides with the downsides.

Most bad behavior comes out of dissatisfaction with something. Often it is a result of feeling you need or deserve or want something that is not being provided; something that you feel you are deprived of.

Which is why i want this society to cater for each person as much as possible and be a loose and changeable with the times. When people are happy they have no need to break the law, when people are contented they dont need to steal.

On the other hand, you should consider that those fringe people are both bad and good. They cause the most problems, and they give the most back to society as well. Murderers are a fringe, so are Geniuses. Both operate outside of what people consider normal, one is entirely harmful. The other could be viewed as harmful as well, because they cause imbalance in a sure system.

Imbalance? I dont see how you mean. the Genius' are encouraged, the murderers punished. to preserve order i will not allow people who harm other people to live unpunished.

New ideas are the enemy of a static state, and for New Ideas to flourish, there must be a place for people that do not fit into communal ideas.

your acting as if people dont think while in my system, why? A person can question the system they are in. We both have. A person can ask questions, get their own view of what should be different. What people of todays world lack is the will to tell society to change and the power to make it so.

I am providing both, while still making the change based on thought and discussion, so it doesnt become illogical.

The self interested person is often the person with the most self empowerment to change the world, for better or worse.

and yet i am here
Im not as arrogant as i like to say, hehehe.

I want to change the world simply because the world needs changing, ancient ruins crumble because of pollution, is this right? no. People live in poverty while others in uncountable wealth? is this logical or should it be allowed? of course not.

Without this, Society itself stagnates. Whether it is a communist society, a capitalist society, or what have you.

Yes, without change the society as a whole fails, and it drags its people with them.

but i want to know why you think that people wont consider their own ideas to change their surroundings in such a society? I think with the right encouragement people would be inspired to think about their surroundings.

People need to be told of their power, otherwise they wont use it.

I wont lie or keep secrets, i have no need to.

I hope I have given you some food for thought throughout this discussion, as I have rather enjoyed speaking with you, even though our views may differ on things.

of course you have given me food for thought, and i hope i have given some to you. Our views may be different but this doesnt mean we cannot discuss them for the benefit of us both.
See where im going with this?

What I will concede from all of your own arguments is that I do believe that people need to be more self-responsible, respectful, as well as caring and compassionate towards others. For me, I have always thought that the Ultima System of Virtues was a very good example of a ethos system.

Im sorry, i dont know what the Ultima system is, could you enlighten me?

Thank you ColdDragon! It is difficult for alot of people to discuss ideas that are different from their own, and it is much appreciated in general, and on this thread. Im sure Octav. Max. will agree

Of course i do, my dear
I enjoy discussing different opinions as long as both parties respect each other. Not just respect their opinions.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by St James
I just wanted to know yes or no, and why or why not? If no are you prepared for the reprecussions?

I for one refuse to....

Mod edit: don't use all-CAPS in thread titles

[edit on 2007/7/31 by Hellmutt]
I'm a Christian(Church of God),so I think I'll be taken up in a Rapture before the really bad stuff happens. I believe those that are left who won't take the number of the Beast(Chip or ID card) will be executed.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a card is accpetable. an implant is not.

the bible says our bodies are a temple of the holy spirit.

getting an implant is like allowing the State to set up an alter to itself within your own body, which is God's property not the worlds.

"the abomination that causes desolation"

privacy has nothing to do with it. the satanic NWO wants to desecrate your very own holy temple of the living god of the universe.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by sollie]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Not all people in the world are Christian, some are fine with small alterations to our body. Look at Plastic Surgery for instance.

Whats this quoted from? What bearing does it have on this discussion?

privacy has nothing to do with it. the satanic NWO wants to desecrate your very own holy temple of the living god of the universe.

The NWO has been said to be every religion (including Atheist) what makes you think they are satanist?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

Not all people in the world are Christian, some are fine with small alterations to our body. Look at Plastic Surgery for instance.

The NWO has been said to be every religion (including Atheist) what makes you think they are satanist?

The Abomination that causes desolation is from Revelations in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yes, but how does that link it with the chip? It is neither an abomination, nor does it cause Desolation

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
the abomination of desolation is an event described in prophecy by Daniel and Jesus, and it refers to a time when a pagan emperor set up an alter to himself inside the temple of God in Jerusalem and demanded that people worship him at that alter.

extrapolate that to the Christian teachings - Our bodies are the temple of God. This is not just christian, Islamists will agree, even eastern religions agree that the body is a temple of the divine spirit which makes us human and makes us special in this universe.

read up on the Islamic hadiths that teach about the end-times beast and how Jesus Christ "son of Mary" will return to destroy it. Interesting...

if we receive a "stamp of the state" or mark of the beast in our bodies, that means the system becomes our 'god' - meaning we cannot buy food, we cannot get jobs, we cannot sell produce, we cannot drive, we cannot get health benefits or social security, we cannot LIVE - UNLESS we give our bodily aleigance to the system, and get this 'alter' to it implanted in our bodies. therefore, the mark of the beast is the abomination of desolation because it is setting up an alter to a worldly system-god, and is a flat out rejection of our God-given rights as soverign individuals.

it is an abomination because by accepting it, we accept the system as 'god' and reject the true Creator of the Universe. and it causes desolation because it demonstrates that people have lost ALL sense of spirituality and truth and have become totally dominated by materialism and worldly powers. they have lost what makes them truly human. this is desolation. our world is already spiritually desolate, but it will get much worse.

please think carefully about what i write, and please do not react or reject it just because of prejudice or lack of understanding. please consider wisely.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Of course i see your reasoning, i dont reject the idea. but as usual i like to see things from a different point of view.

Consider, your body is a temple. You do not want anything which will remove your 'humanness'.

Now, one of the main things about being human is being a toolmaker, one who creates things to make of for his deficits.

Creating and expanding technology is at the core of being human, it isnt worship, we were told to do that. Creating things to aid our existence is a human trait.

Now, a church, a literal temple of god, is filled with things seen as holy, artifacts, praying people, organs, altars, etc.

Recently i have seen many large churches incorporation Television screens to make sure that all people get to see the priest and the altar, and noone misses out.

So is this technology, technology which aids us and makes life easier for all involved, is it unholy? Should it be removed from the churches?

A chip in the sacred human body is the influence of technology again, it is there not to replace, but to aid. We can find work, buy food, make food, etc, all by ourselves, but a chip makes things easier.

Just like a television screen in the church.

therefore, the mark of the beast is the abomination of desolation because it is setting up an alter to a worldly system-god, and is a flat out rejection of our God-given rights as soverign individuals.

Ive been an Atheist all my life, looking at belief and things very harshly and critically. My personal view is that no god should be worshipped more than humans worship each other. Worship is an extension of love and respect, humans should love and respect each other first, before or at least on par, with a god.

Can we not give these rights to ourselves? and not rely on a god to give them to us?

Anyway, im not going to build myself a temple, and i doubt i would put it in Jerusalem

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yes, I agree that there are warnings of ancient times, that do describe and predict that which appears to be building up around us. But, does this mean that this is a part of that prophecy, who knows?
National ID card is one step closer to the 'mark' that is describes, but the microcgip would be more realistic in combo with this conclusion of prophecies depiction.
OctMax is right that even churches, ect., use technology to it's advantage, but making use of technology for their own purpoes is different than telling us that God wants us tracked. Why would any God want that? Doesn't He already have us tracked, without microchips? And, would one love God any more or less depending on wether we could see the preacher speak on a technologically equipt screen or video stream, I doubt it!
National ID, step in the wrong direction; microchipping, a possible fulfillment of prophecy.
Atheists? Well, if you dont agree that this is related, well, only time will tell, i supposse...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well it depends if you believe corrolation equals evidence, i suppose.

Just because something like a prophecy seems to be coming true, doesnt mean it is in any way related.

here is my evidence:

home.houston.rr.com...

Irrefutable proof that The dwindling amounts of pirates on the high seas has led to an increase in global warming.

Corrolation doesnt equal evidence.

OctMax is right that even churches, ect., use technology to it's advantage, but making use of technology for their own purpoes is different than telling us that God wants us tracked. Why would any God want that? Doesn't He already have us tracked, without microchips?

But using this logic shouldnt we say that we shouldnt fly? because god didnt give us wings?

Mankind has needed to create its own tools.

National ID, step in the wrong direction; microchipping, a possible fulfillment of prophecy.
Atheists? Well, if you dont agree that this is related, well, only time will tell, i supposse...

Well its abit of a stretch to ask an atheist whether a prophecy is coming true, since most atheists dont believe in things such as prophecies.

Thanks nowayreally
your opinion, as always, is great to have and your face brightens any thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i feel you may have missed my point slightly octavius, or purposely confused it with irrelevancies. ockham's razor brother.

technology is not the problem at all. using televisions or microphones or electric guitars or even electricity to turn the lights on in a church has nothing to do with the world system becoming a 'god-like' entity over individuals.

that is the problem.

conceptually, and literally, the world system seeks to position itself as a 'god' of the human race - a sustainer, a provider, a protector, a controller, etc etc. is this not plain to the eyes? if you don't see it, i suggest you look closer.

the way the system seeks to do this is to melt down all our civil liberties into one "citizen's permission slip". if you have it, you're in. if you don't have it, you're out. simple. the system chooses who lives and who dies. who eats and who starves. who can "buy and sell". do you see how exactly this corresponds to the final prophecy of the Bible, assuming you are thoroughly versed in the Bible to be able to comment on it?

televisions, tools, trades, technology, etc etc, are products of man's creativity and inventiveness, qualities which are a reflection of our divine nature. we are made in the creative image of the Creator. these things do not have any power over us (unless someone happens to have an obsessive disorder about something, which is just an individual issue).

RATHER, the problem is that the system AS A WHOLE is under the control of man's inflated ego and it is attempting to become a 'god-like' entity. and in order for us to have permission to live, we will one day have to 'pay homage' (metaphorically) to this system by getting the permission slip implanted into our bodies - so that we physically become part of that system. then we are no longer humans, we become parts of a machine, slaves to a beast, however you want to put it.

i would ask you to think wisely and in depth about this. you don't need religion to understand these things. RFID technology is not the problem.

zoom your mind out to orbit and take a look at whats happening to we little hobbits.

peace

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

i feel you may have missed my point slightly octavius, or purposely confused it with irrelevancies. ockham's razor brother.

Saying that i would purposefully confuse your post isnt a good way of making me happy.

conceptually, and literally, the world system seeks to position itself as a 'god' of the human race - a sustainer, a provider, a protector, a controller, etc etc. is this not plain to the eyes?

If you want me to respect your opinion please do not act like you are speaking to a child. just because a viewpoint is plain to you, does not mean it is plain to me. or that it is a given.

the way the system seeks to do this is to melt down all our civil liberties into one "citizen's permission slip".

Now you have gone from Religion, to Civil liberties, the 2 are different. America seeks to mix the 2, not all nations follow American ideals like that.

A government does not seek to subvert, or repress, or deminish. It seeks to maintain, and provide.

he system chooses who lives and who dies. who eats and who starves. who can "buy and sell". do you see how exactly this corresponds to the final prophecy of the Bible, assuming you are thoroughly versed in the Bible to be able to comment on it?

Im aware of its many tendencies to mix writers very badly and a few of its stories.

So your saying that society...is the beast?

That statement is quite um...ambiguous isnt it? The System doesnt allow people to live and eat, simply because that is not what it is for. If it is being used for that purpose, then it isnt a system, it is a prison.

[
televisions, tools, trades, technology, etc etc, are products of man's creativity and inventiveness, qualities which are a reflection of our divine nature.

how so? where was god when the Wheel was made? When the internal combustion engine was made?

these things do not have any power over us (unless someone happens to have an obsessive disorder about something, which is just an individual issue).

Not so, everything has an effect on everything else, butterflies and hurricanes. Causing effects is power. Technology affects us, just as we affect it. We place our predjudices and ideas into technology, while technology changes our understanding, and the way we live.

This is power.

RATHER, the problem is that the system AS A WHOLE is under the control of man's inflated ego and it is attempting to become a 'god-like' entity.

The crux of your arguement is that society needs to worship its government, which is false. Governments are there to provide, it is not their decision to take away. God keeps the right of taking away for himself. "God Giveth and god Taketh away." Society cannot give and take, neither can government. If it gives, it creates a precedent for more giving, if it takes it does the same.

and in order for us to have permission to live, we will one day have to 'pay homage' (metaphorically) to this system by getting the permission slip implanted into our bodies - so that we physically become part of that system.

It isnt paying homage, it is intergration. Think of it in biblical terms. Finding a page which youve missed because the other pages stick together, you finally read it and the story as a whole becomes clear.

Mankind creates technology, some wonderful, some worthless. It creates society which is a wonderful idea in theory, but enforcing that theory (even if it is a theory of love, respect, tolerance and plenty) is too difficult, because you cannot physically do everything for your people at once.

Suddenly the page is found/the chip comes to light. The government which cannot take away suddenly is able to give oh so much more. It is able to control its economy and things so much better and with ease.

It may be the power of a god, but it is the power of a god used for good.

then we are no longer humans, we become parts of a machine, slaves to a beast, however you want to put it.

You put a sliver of metal in your arm and your no longer human?

Slaves to a beast? How so? The beast is disorder and chaos. We can finally lock it up and remove it.

i would ask you to think wisely and in depth about this. you don't need religion to understand these things. RFID technology is not the problem.

I have spent a considerable amount of time thinking and talking and discussing about this, dont you worry.

Religion doesnt help me understand anything in the modern world. I hear a religion, i search for its origins. Once found they just arent powerful anymore.

zoom your mind out to orbit and take a look at whats happening to we little hobbits.

America sounds like its losing its freedoms.

If your freedoms were god given then he should intervene to stop this, right?

apart from this. America has no government. Your freedoms mean that it is impossible for a government to control any facet of society correctly. Meaning it needs to resort to other methods.

Your cage is your own. Just because your government is your jailor doesnt mean everyone elses is too.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

All though this question was not asked of me I will answer both where it comes from and what bearing it has by posting the entire verse it is from

Matthew 24:15 So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Im going to take the Internet as an example why this rfid chip is bad, but you should know that the chip will be used for everything. Im just picking the Internet because its the core technology for expressing your individuality and freedom of speach and thought. Ok, here we go.

In the future, the rfid chip will be your identifier. You will be a number in all connected computer systems on earth. Thats your identity and it will be used to identify you as a person when you interact with services, such as using the Internet.

Why is this bad? Sounds very convenient to be able to use one card to access every site on the Internet right? Wrong. Here is why.

Without a valid card with a rfid chip, you will not be able to get on the Internet to take part of any information. You will not be able to make posts, access forums, communicate with other people. Why is this bad? Everyone will have the card so it will be a convenient way to identify yourself on the Internet and know that everybody else is who they say they are, right? This is very bad. Why?

Internet today is the single largest power of freedom you have as a individual. You can speak your mind using aliases like on this board and others. You can find information on whatever subject you want without anyone knowing about it. You can educate yourself from any internet site on this planet. You can pick the sources you want without listening to the mass media. You can educate others by putting information on the Internet yourself. You can contribute to discussions and learn about things from other people. To put it simple, its a many to many form of communication that is uncontrolled and free.

For example, youtube and google video are the two largest contributors to spreading information about things that the media choose to not talk about. You can find very interesting videos from all sorts of individuals. The single largest reason that people are being able to create and spread information to millions of people is the Internet and these services and web pages.

Without it, people who saw there was something wrong with 9/11 would not have a chance to talk to the masses about it. Without it, people who have opinions about Bush would not be able to talk to the masses about it. In essence. Without the Internet, you will not be able to talk to the masses at all. The spreading of information will take as long as it did before the internet, and be limited to the people owning radio stations, TV stations and book publishers.

Now lets imagine the future. If the government thinks you are spreading information on the Internet that they dont like, what do they do? They turn off your chip. Click. If the government finds a site they dont like, Click. You're off the Internet because your chip has been deactivated.

Without the chip, you wont be able to get on the Internet. You will not be able to drive a car. You will not be able to enter a bus. You will not be able to use your phone. You will not be able to buy or sell things. And so on.

Who will you tell about this? You cant use the Internet. You cant call people. You cant do anything. So you will be the guy who stands on the street corner trying to make your voice heard until the government decides you are disturbing the peace and drags you away.

Do not accept this chip because its convenient. Its the start of a society where you will lose your voice and powers completely if you disagree with the government. You will not even be able to complain about it, because nobody will hear you. Your opportunity to talk to the masses will be gone.

You will be a worker without a voice, and your only source of information will be the information the government has approved of.

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You do realize that RFID chips can, and already have been hacked, check youtube.

Ah yes, youtube...the most irrefutable evidence known to mankind.

So you don't believe that RFID chips are hackable or have been hacked because I used youtube as the source? Fine....

RFID hack could allow retail fraud
Credit Cards with RFID are easily hacked
New hi-tech RFID passports hacked and cloned
The RFID Hacking Underground
Software to hack RFID tags
Civil liberties group eyes RFID hack
Verichip RFID chip implant Hacked!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Matthew 24:15 So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Sorry, perhaps its the way its written, but this makes no sense to me.

In the future, the rfid chip will be your identifier. You will be a number in all connected computer systems on earth. Thats your identity and it will be used to identify you as a person when you interact with services, such as using the Internet.

Not as such, my belief will be the Chip is a link to the database that holds your personal information, it can only be used and accessed with positive access in that database to verify a persons identity, say, a fingerprint or 5.

Why is this bad? Everyone will have the card so it will be a convenient way to identify yourself on the Internet and know that everybody else is who they say they are, right? This is very bad. Why?

I dont get this reasoning, you log onto the internet by paying it with your personal details, nothing will change.

You can find information on whatever subject you want without anyone knowing about it.

Information that can be written by anyone, no matter their ignorance on the subject.

You can educate yourself from any internet site on this planet.

Using the Internet to educate yourself is usually a bad step. See above.

You can educate others by putting information on the Internet yourself. You can contribute to discussions and learn about things from other people. To put it simple, its a many to many form of communication that is uncontrolled and free.

To me this actually sounds like talking to people. You dont need the internet to communicate.

For example, youtube and google video are the two largest contributors to spreading information about things that the media choose to not talk about.

Why do the media choose not to talk about it? Usually because of a lack of information on a topic.

Without it, people who saw there was something wrong with 9/11 would not have a chance to talk to the masses about it.

You could always arrange for a television or radio interview.

Without it, people who have opinions about Bush would not be able to talk to the masses about it.

Saying to your friends "Bush is a moron" sounds like talking your opinion.

In essence. Without the Internet, you will not be able to talk to the masses at all.

Except by venturing outside? Or through the mainstream media?

The spreading of information will take as long as it did before the internet, and be limited to the people owning radio stations, TV stations and book publishers.

And those they interview.

Now lets imagine the future. If the government thinks you are spreading information on the Internet that they dont like, what do they do? They turn off your chip.

What sort of government would do this? Only one with its fingers firmly in its ears. The only way to have a successful government is by keeping its people happy, allowing them to voice their dissatisfactions allows the government to counter with its own arguements, to change, or to find a compromise.

If the people find that a chip can be shut off then there will be a revolution. People will no longer trust their government, society ceases to help both parties. Nation shuts down.

Do not accept this chip because its convenient. Its the start of a society where you will lose your voice and powers completely if you disagree with the government.

Because America (i assume your American, the majority of posters here are) are applying their present 'government' to this idea, which is wrong. A revolution of society requires a revolution of thought. The only way this kind of technology could be used wisely is if society was changed into a Democratic Kingship (which does exist as a theory)

You will be a worker without a voice, and your only source of information will be the information the government has approved of.

Welcome to 1984.

I do not think the reality would be as apocalyptic as your opinion makes it.

So you don't believe that RFID chips are hackable or have been hacked because I used youtube as the source? Fine....

Ah, i see youve entered me as a foe.

No, i did not doubt that RFID chips could be hacked, but only giving Youtube as a source proves nothing to me. Youtube doesnt cite its own sources, either and you cannot trust it.

RFID can be hacked, the system i have been devising for the utilisation for the chip cannot be hacked as easily, and people will lack the will to do it because the chip gives them oh so much, and takes nothing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join