It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is dead creature in Texas a Chupacabra?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Another DNA test result.

Results from Texas State University stated the animal is from the coyote family.

But Canion wanted to know more, so she sent more DNA, tooth and tissue samples, off to California.

Results from the University of California at Davis show the animal is in fact a mutt: on the mother's side it is part coyote.

"On the paternal side, it had Mexican wolf in it," said Canion.

Scientists from the University of California at Davis say they can't tell when the Mexican wolf heritage made its way into the gene pool.

It could be generations ago, but Canion believes the father's genes are important and can explain some of the odd characteristics of the creature.

The link to KVUE

So it does appear to be coyote cross.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeopardSeal

The hairless coyote shares enough features to have been the source of the chupacabra legend. As for the reptilian creature that cupacabra has become? Strike that up to imagination. Its easy to see how the legs, large canines, and tuffs of hair down the back, has lead to this, and is probably the source of chupacabra.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Puerto Rican chupacabra has been described as a very different creature than the canine in Texas. It could be a genetic experiment gone wrong. There is an allegedly secret base in Puerto Rico where such experiments are alleged to take place. Respected researcher Timothy Good has written many books on the subject and has some very interesting pictures of weird creatures found in Puerto Rico (before the government took them away).

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DeeMack

I took a picture of an animal last year off exchange near Presby Hospital in Allen. How do I upload the picture.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The hairless coyote does resemble the Chupacabra I saw in Arizona. I guess I didn't see a mythical beast.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
cant you guys tell a dog (albeit "hairless") from a Chewbie?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's the goods on the strange "blue dog" of Texas:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't think a chupacabra exists

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy
I don't think a chupacabra exists

I do not think you exist.