It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is dead creature in Texas a Chupacabra?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think if it were a dog a more likely suspect would probably be the Mexican Hairless dog. It resembles the Chinese crested, but it's bigger. (Some breeders suspect that the Chinese crested is a cross between the Mexican Hairless and Chihuahua.) Because the Mexican Hairless is bigger - better fitting the above animals - and more likely to be (running free) in this area thus makes it a better candidate.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i dont care what you say-----------------------------------------------------------------------------mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm---mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmthat looks like some good eating------if you like mangey coyote...poor wiley

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I think if it were a dog a more likely suspect would probably be the Mexican Hairless dog. It resembles the Chinese crested, but it's bigger. (Some breeders suspect that the Chinese crested is a cross between the Mexican Hairless and Chihuahua.) Because the Mexican Hairless is bigger - better fitting the above animals - and more likely to be (running free) in this area thus makes it a better candidate.

good point

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I witnessed A coyote with mange between Plano and Allen Tx. Many others witnessed it as well as it stood on top of a recently mowed bank and watched traffic. This was last week off of W. Exchange parkway just north of Twin Creeks Golf Club. The mange stricken coyote was on the north side of the street.

Did anyone else see it?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Termite197
I think those are pictures of chinese crested dogs.

ok no look at the teeth the stupid chinese zombie dog doesn't look like that

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Termite197
I think those are pictures of chinese crested dogs.

ok no look at the teeth the stupid chinese zombie dog doesn't look like that

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I wanna see a picture, dang it!

Here you go...

Reminds you of a "Chupacabra" you've seen before?

Bring in the previous Chupacabras please...

Pollock:

Elmendorf

ATS Discussion

Hmmm... Some DNA results from the Elmendorf Creature showed that the beast was in fact a Coyote (add some mange for good measure), but some people weren't happy with the DNA results...

"Funny" how these beasts pop up during the hottest time of the year - mange season.

hey people look at the legs look how the back legs are longer great for jumping right just like all the tales about an animal that can jump 20 yards and for those of you who are saying it can't be a chupacabra because it doesn't match any known description uh yes it does small animal with big "fangs" that drinks the blood of chickens it seems that all of the places they pop up peoples chickens were dissapearing wow yeah i know you're confused it happens when you get OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by bigbossman]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Coyotes eat chickens.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I have an on going discussion of where these creature's origins may lie.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm seriously thinking their linked to a break off species of the early whale.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The verdict is in.

Texas State University ran DNA testing on the animal and it is (was) a coyote.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
maybe that alleged picture of a young sasquatch is actually a chupacabra. Or maybe chupacabras are young juvenile delinquent sasquatches with mange; that's why they were driven out from their families because mange is catching.

Wigit's avatar is a chupacabra!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I see that CNN has picked up on the story from KSAT in San Antonio. It has the summary of the details.

If someone wants review the link, here it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ok. Are we supposed to be idiots? This looks nothing like a coyote. This has to be the most ridiculous set of events I have ever heard of. I would buy it was some sort of weird dog, but a coyote? Oh wait, and the hair fell out too. Why? Anyway, am I the only one who thinks this is silly?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I will change the name of one of my dogs to chupacabra take his picture and post it here so we can get a look at a living chupacabra that doesn't have mange.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And now the appeal.

Phylis Canion, who found the dead animal, isn't through seeking answers. She didn't all the answers she wanted from Michael Forstner, Texas State University biologist,

"What you didn't hear is that he said it could be a new family within the coyote species," said Canion, showing a chart illustrating exactly where the animal falls among the DNA makeup of similar animals. "He said it was most similar to this coyote, which is the key. Similar. But this is still not the same line. It did not exactly match any of them.

"Within this family, there could be a new group that takes on a different behavior. They could suck blood out of a chicken. So what is it? It's similar to a coyote, and perhaps it's a different family of coyote," said Canion. "We're not saying this is some new species, just a new family."

The Vicroria Advocate Link

The Victoria, TX paper ran an article today recapping the KENS-5 TV news report last night and contains information not mentioned in the new cast. I had heard what I thought was 'almost an exact match' to a coyote.

Ms. Canion states there is a live one still around her property and she is now trying to trap it. This is getting more interesting. A live one might just be the ticket.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Am I the only person who thought chupachabras was some type of Reptilian creature? All the eyewitness accounts and sketches I have seen and remember, showed an animal with wings, claws and spikes down its back. Also, the witnesses always insist that the creature had glowing red eyes, and could leap very high/possible fly..? I never heard accounts of a mammalian animal, it always was very reptilian.

So why do people start calling mangy, dead foxes chupachabras??!!

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LeopardSeal
I think you are correct about that being the most popular description.

Wiki Link

Two different claims for description. Guess this creature gets chosen to explain this unusual find because it's the only legend that might fit.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
As an Australian who has seen plenty of kangaroos, one thing is for sure, those are jumping/hopping legs. If it's a coyote, then they can jump/hop on their hind legs no worries.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I noticed that too. That first pic looked like a dog, but those other two looked like some weird dog/kangaroo hybrid....weird

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I am currently living in Thailand and have seen a lot of diseased dogs over here and that is what this looks like to me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join