It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is dead creature in Texas a Chupacabra?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Reports of blue, hairless creatures roaming the countryside from Elmendorf to Cuero. Ranchers talking of livestock being drained of blood.

Put the two together, and it sounds like the legend of the chupacabra. One rancher says she has the evidence to back it up.

KENS 5 News Article

This story is from the San Antonio, Texas area.
Locals say chupacabra, Texas Parks and Wildlife say the animal is a sickly gray fox with a typical case of parasites. Guess the DNA testing will tell all.

More details in the article.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wanna see a picture, dang it!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There was a story done on the news last night. It was hard to really see much in the video. It looked pretty ugly. Guess getting hit by a truck doesn't help the cause.

Thought it was funny the lady rancher was going to mount the head and hang it on her wall.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I wanna see a picture, dang it!

Here you go...

Reminds you of a "Chupacabra" you've seen before?

Bring in the previous Chupacabras please...

Pollock:

Elmendorf

ATS Discussion

Hmmm... Some DNA results from the Elmendorf Creature showed that the beast was in fact a Coyote (add some mange for good measure), but some people weren't happy with the DNA results...

"Funny" how these beasts pop up during the hottest time of the year - mange season.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Either a coyote or a grey fox with horrible mange. I'm sure that the rancher is making of the story of it sucking the blood from her hens. If so...why didn't she save one in the freezer and send it off to be evaluated?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Those pics make me feel very sad. What a shame for that poor animal.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

Yeah, I think this one, may be the other one, was found in Lufkin,Texas, about forty miles from where I am from originally.. I don't remember what they wound up saying it was, but it's not a chupacabra.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When are people going to give up on this ridiculous chupacabra thing?

Flash! There is no such animal! Foxes, Coyotes, etc...with mange.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i thought the chupacabra were mainly in puerto rico. i drew a tattoo design for an old friend of mine from puerto rico with a chupacabra tearing through the flag.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think those are pictures of chinese crested dogs.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While I see the similarity, that dog is an exception. It suffered a variety of skin conditions in addition to its inherent ugliness.

I think DNA analysis was done on the first 'chupacabras' and it was concluded they were a normal, mundane species afflicted with mange.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yep, just an ugly dog with a bad case of mange. Killing it was probably for the best. Not only was it put out of its' misery, the critter would no longer have the chance to infect another animal with whatever disease it had.

But how could someone mistake this thing with a chupacabra? Chupas walk on their hind legs, have alien grey eyes and have bat-like membranes between their arms & torsos.

At least, that what witnesses say...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That thing would almost win the contest for the worlds ugliest dog.. almost
I am pretty sure its just a do and nothing else, move along nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
edit: irrelevant, sorry.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
@ OP HAr har those are retarded looking beasts, if they are the chucapibra then they are very very deceiving. You picture a demon like beast when you think of the goat sucker....

@Termit197 Those are the Grossest looking discussting excuse of an animal I've ever seen, is it still alive, it looks like its starting to decompose.... Gross.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have heard of a species of hairless diving dog native to Mexico and the Southern US coastal areas. It is suposed to be semi aquatic and live mostly of fish. Could this be one?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here is another link with photos

blogcritics.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
THE FIRST ONE LOOKS LIKE A BLOATED CHIWAWA. THE SECOND LOOKS LIKE A BABY KANGAROO.AND THE THIRD LOOKS LIKE A BABY DEAR. AND THE CHUPACABRA SUCKS GOAT BLOOD AND OCCAISONALY A DOG> now.... ICAN POSSIBLY SEE ONE OF THOSE THINGS TAKING DOWN A GOAT MABEY. BUT NO WAY IN HELL COULD IT TAE DOWN A DOG

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mostly I hear that chupacabra are from Mexico but, before I came to ATS and saw a documentary of chupacabra, I had originally read another story about chupacabra from Europe. When I came here to ATS I was surprised that everyone said they where from Mexico. Is the European story the same or different. Can some one clear this up for me?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
FYI

Chinese Cresteds are specifically known for their skin problems. I own a crested but it is a powderpuff (crested with hair)

There is two types of cresteds, ones with hair and ones without. The ones without have to be babied specifically because of there skin. IE:sunblock while they are outside, chemical free shampoos, and have to be lotioned.

The reason for me typing this is to explain that the supposed chupacabra in question could be a crested that was not babied and takin care of properly.

Try a google search on chinese cresteds and you can see some very strange looking dogs. Some like the pics I posted above, some that look like mini horses, and some that look like hair balls.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by Termite197]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join