It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation Physics Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This may be old news to many on this board.. Probabley a lot of new members like me...But in case it was not posted.

Air Force Research Lab approved its release to public..

www.fas.org...

Not sure of the program on Star Trek technology(either History channel or Discovery maybe) becoming reality even mentioned teleportation much. Regardless it is interesting that they are not treating this purely as SciFi..
Disinformation ...maybe..maybe not

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The report is absolutely fascinating, thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
After a quick scan through these documents in the pdf file, all I can hope for is that some of the more scientifically educated members try to decipher the material into laymans terms. I'm lost already.

Fascinating stuff, BP.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
BP, what a great post
I'm off to work but I will certainly pour over these when I get back!! Flagged!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Looks like an interesting read.

I'm a little bit familiar with the concept of quantum entanglment. Two apparently independent subatomic particles are linked at the quantum level. Any induced change to one particle is intantaneously and identically duplicated in the other particle, no matter how far apart they are. This phenomena is linked loosely with quantum computing also. This shows real promise as a workable form of faster than light (instantaneous actually) communication. It may be the only feasible way to ever hope to establish 2 way communication with extra-solar civilizations.

As far as beaming people and things around the universe, or even across a room...I think that's highly unlikely to every occur. First due to the basic physics problems....second, due to the unbelievable amount of computing capacity and energy that would be required.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've only been able to briefly look it over, but basically appears to be an excellent paper on the problems of determining the feasibility of teleportation using a few different current ideas of how this can be done (and yes, the Star Trek special did cover it a tiny bit, but only the Casimir effect I believe).

The basic jist of it all is really from one part of this report. Regardless of which method ultimately worked (or any other new method), here's the problem:

To digitially store the information (location, momentum, and quantum state) for the atoms of a human being, it would take 10 (to the 28th power) KB. To then access this amount of data it would take 2400 times the present regarded age of the Universe (13 billion years). And you thought YOUR computer was slow! LOL.... To store it, would take 10 (to the 20th power) 40GB hard drives, just for ONE person!

Bottom line, even if one of these methods, or another one, did work, we'd still need to insanely increase our current computing power to ever hope to transport a human being or similar sized object. If we continue on our current (exponential) advances in computing, we're looking at about 200-300 more years just to have the computing capability needed.

Perhaps some of the most interesting parts of this are involved with the P-Teleportation (psychic), as we have here an officially released military report publicly naming names, dates, etc. of official Remote Viewing programs (including the use of drugs to enhance it)! The other psi research mentioned is simply incredible!

The study is broken up into the different methods, and each method includes recommendations for further exploring the capabilities.

EDIT: I agree with the above poster on the possibility of using quantum entanglement for communications...but I sure wouldn't want to use it to teleport anything. If I read correctly, it seemed that the teleported copy would be "less" than the original, and the original is destroyed...(sort of the copy of a copy of a copy argument).

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dr McCoy was right after all. if teleportation makes a copy of you then i certaintly don't want my atoms scattered all over the universe !!
Like Dr McCoy i think i'll use the shuttlecraft when ever possible !!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok, so I dont have any proof of this, but it is most definitely true.

I am in the military, and am a computer programmer. I had a supervisor whom I became good friends with who got out of the military about a year and a half ago. He used to be stationed at Wright Patterson AFB and met his wife there...well when he got out his wife wanted to go back so he started looking for jobs at WPAFB. Well he ended up getting a contractor job working for the Air Force Research Lab located on Wright Patterson. Pretty much everything they do at the AFRL is classified so I knew before I asked him what he was working on that he wasnt going to tell me....but I asked anyways. Of course he wouldnt tell me, so I let it be. From time to time we would take and he would say things like "You wouldnt believe what im working on" and yadda yadda.

Well one particular night I got a phone call from him and he was hammered drunk. Well we got on the subject of work and he told me what he was working on. Apparently he is working on an actual teleportation device. His actual words were "Like beam me up Scotty." He wouldnt go into details but I definitely believe him.....ive asked him about it since then and he acts like he doesnt know what im talking about.

Take it for what its worth.

Edit: Also I wouldnt be surprised in the least if they already had quantum computers on some level and that technology were being implemented in this and many other projects.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Quantum computers are well known to exist as show-pieces and prototypes.
Same with biological computers, crystal computers, and etc.

Hopefully a breakthrough comes soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Ok, so I dont have any proof of this, but it is most definitely true.

I am in the military, and am a computer programmer. I had a supervisor whom I became good friends with who got out of the military about a year and a half ago. He used to be stationed at Wright Patterson AFB and met his wife there...well when he got out his wife wanted to go back so he started looking for jobs at WPAFB. Well he ended up getting a contractor job working for the Air Force Research Lab located on Wright Patterson. Pretty much everything they do at the AFRL is classified so I knew before I asked him what he was working on that he wasnt going to tell me....but I asked anyways. Of course he wouldnt tell me, so I let it be. From time to time we would take and he would say things like "You wouldnt believe what im working on" and yadda yadda.

Well one particular night I got a phone call from him and he was hammered drunk. Well we got on the subject of work and he told me what he was working on. Apparently he is working on an actual teleportation device. His actual words were "Like beam me up Scotty." He wouldnt go into details but I definitely believe him.....ive asked him about it since then and he acts like he doesnt know what im talking about.

Take it for what its worth.

Edit: Also I wouldnt be surprised in the least if they already had quantum computers on some level and that technology were being implemented in this and many other projects.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by PokeyJoe]

I love stories like this. I have a physics friend who has confirmed some of the crazier theories on the internet with regards to government black projects. He claims there are things like time travel and the ability to transfer consciousness from one body to another. I still find it hard to believe though.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
here is another link to crazy government science you can search for lots of wild stuff like teleportation. very scientific though. lanl.arxiv.org...

top topics

join