It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Justices Refuse to Review Case on Secrecy and 9/11 Detentions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In a move that didn't surprise me one bit the Supreme Court turned down an appeal challenging the secrecy surrounding the Bush Administration's arrest and detention of Muslim men following the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.

"Without comment, the court let stand a ruling by a federal appeals court here that had accepted the government's rationale for refusing to disclose either the identities of those it arrested, most of whom have since been deported for immigration violations unrelated to terrorism, or the circumstances of the arrests."

www.nytimes.com...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Ocelot]

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am so tired of this Gov. Secrecy crap...they better hope that I never get a clearance when I'm an adult...4 days till 16 now...(can work as intern for NSA technically...at 16)...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
gotta love the new age concentration camps.

Hey, they worked for the "japs" in world war two, they should be good for all the muslims today.

Let's just herd them all up just to be safe.

Man, why does no one pay attention to these things.

No one in the great general public seems to think this is wrong?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Not surprising. Very dangerous. We as a people have to understand, if this doesn't stop, each and every one of us is in danger of being labled a terrorist, regardless of the fact that you are or not. All you have to do is get on the wrong person's radar. No accountability = no freedom.

new topics

top topics

join