It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna start drinking a shot glass full of extra-virgin olive oil everyday.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
........and I'm gonna live to be about 150 y/o or thereabouts.

I heard somewhere that the Greeks do something like this and they live disease free, long healthy lives.

I use olive oil a lot when I cook, but I'm gonna start drinking it straight and outlive all of y'all.

Edit: And yes, I know it's gonna be a little pricey!

Peace

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Please, if there's one thing I've learned about it..

always use the abreiviation..

it's E V O O

Don't you watch Rachel Ray...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know what elevated, believe me I wanted to so bad but I can't stand that loud-mouthed broad and I just refuse to use that acronym, abbreviation, or whatever the hell you call it!

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"Welllllllll, that oughta clean out yer innerds."

Extra Virgin Olive is the best out there according to alot of chefs and nutritionalists around. Many beneficial properties.

But everything in moderation I say. Be careful of how much olive oil you consume. A friend of mine went on the olive oil kick for a while, and the poor girl had major liquid bowel movements. The dear heart drank so much oil, that it not only loosened up her bowel action, it sent it spiralling! Her bottom was so sore...I kid you NOT! I told her to put a roll of toilet paper in the freezer. She did. She also cut back alot on the olive oil. (Sorry for the T.M.I. but 'too much of a good thing'...well you know the rest)

I reccommend starting off at a slow pace, then its up to yourself when you want to pick up the speed - amount consumed.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting meal plan.

What exactly is the benfit of drinking EVOO? Aside from the fact that Greeks do it and live to 200 years old? I'd like to know what experiences have been documented.

I know the Far Easterners have been drinking Green Tea every day and I have heard similar accounts of these people living to be 1000 years old as well. (insert high levels of sarcasm)

mother nature

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Dr. Love I gotta side with Ducky here. Your stomach and all below is gonna rebel the likes of which you have never seen and the phrase"ring of fire " will take on a whole new meaning there dude.
Definitely start anything new, slowly.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think the record for oldest human is like 114...And they weren't greek. It's probably just a myth you heard about it making you live to be that old.
Why live to be 150 anyway...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just the mere thought makes me a little gaggy....I think I would mix it with some vinegar, fresh herbs and pour it on my salad....now that I could do

Dr. Love, I think it has to be cold pressed oil to be of a health benefit to you. Check into that if you want your intentions met Heated pressed oils lose their entegrity

top topics

join