It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your American Duty * MUST READ *

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
again if i thought i had 10-15 years to wait mybe i would even start to think about this.Not to mention im not smart enough to pull this off lol.I'm thinking about seriously trying to organize something through this website and one I plan to try to make.I think I'm going to wait untill I can get into a organized group.Much is to be planned and thought about.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You can do whatever it is that will make you feel better..you can't impeach President Bush, so thats a waste of time and energy. I don't know where this stuff comes from, you can however help change things in the future for you and your family..stay involved and make congress and the senate stay with the issues your concerned with.
Its going to a ruff 5-6 years ahead no matter who is running the White House, most likely worse for our country the way things look as they are. But, we can try to work through all this together, key word together. The war will go on for a couple of years and we will likely be in another as well, so we must do our best to keep us all safe and united.Its important that we realize even before Bush, millions of people out there want Americans dead...stay united and keep congress and the senate working for us, not special interest..drug companies..FDA..fix immigration, know the truth about the issues. Get involved with people at NumbersUSA or groups that work for the common good of all of us. We must stay together......

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
MUST READ? Why? Do you mean everyone else MUST share your opinions whether we agree or not? Do you mean we MUST agree or we are not Patriotic enough? Who decides which opinions are right? You?

Get an education.
Be honest.
Treat others with respect.
Work hard.
Get involved.
Make your views known the right way, without violence or stomping all over other peoples rights.
Realize your views may not be the same as most other peoples views and don't try to ram them down other peoples throats.
Run for Office if you're qualified.

That is how change is accomplished in a Democracy. Don't like Bush? More people should have turned of the TV, logged off the Internet and gone to the Poles to vote. There is another chance coming in 08.

Every Generation had people who believed the same things we discuss on this board. There is nothing new under the Sun. Bush will be gone the next election. If we are lucky enough people will get off their lazy backsides and vote for someone who does a better job.

I've noticed, all throughout my life, that those who yell the loudest never vote which makes it hard to take them all that serious. When we do vote, it is hard when our Candidate looses. We have a lot of emotional capital wrapped up in the campaigning. Its natural to see the person who defeated our Candidate as being somehow sinister or evil. Some people are just poor loser's. Gore comes to mind
Imagine where we would be if that Ivy League Idealist had gained control. Taxes would have gone out of control and the Economy would have been a total wash. We need a Centrist in Office and we need one now. Radicals make crappy Leaders

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Good for you, try and get in touch with multiple 911 truth organizations and really press for a large protest. If I lived in the US I would be there right alongside you, marching on the capitol. Hell, if # gets bad enough down there I may just make my way down from Canada, its cold as f*ck here in the winter lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Certainly voting is important, no question. But what happens when the problem becomes WHO to vote for.

Have you managed to locate one viable candidate as of yet who you can truly honestly say that you believe has our best interest in mind? These debates they present on television show candidates who have no actual connection with the reality of the average American working person. It looks more like a police line up at an S&L scandal than it does a cast of presidential hopefuls.

Money talks and the rest get screwed. This is your modern day American voting system. The game has been rigged, please ignore the man behind the curtain. Two parties, yes, but really one in the same, all working for that common goal. Protect corporate interests, fleece the cattle, repeat and serve cold.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Even if i succeeded i would just be one man with one vote.

Well, that's what are now.

But what good does a protester with one vote do? He, hopefully, gets a message out others by talking passersby and maybe getting on the news or in the papers.

But a congressman is also one man with one vote, but he get a message across to his fellow members of the United States Congress. And who is more likely get their concerns put into action? A protester on a lawn, or a congressman on the floor of the House?

I'm not encouraging you to run for office, btw. Jus' sayin' we've all gotta find our niche.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
And in that vein, and like others have said: Do you know who the members of groups such as the NAACP, AARP, the NRA, etc are? They're each one man with one vote and one little tiny voice that can't be heard across a room.

But they band together and become very influencial lobbyists for their individual concerns. Don't wanna be alone? Join an organization that speaks to your particular concerns, and become part of a chorus; one big voice that can be heard a mile away.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Then if nothing changes, my American duty is for me to exercise my right to vote and try to get the people in office that will do the right thing, help people and our country etc.

what if your vote turns out not to mean anything?
Any they ensure that 'they' put in power whom they feel will better their curropt deeds?

Would you then do something about it? or pretend like loving your family is all you should be doing for your country?

because to me, what your saying.. is you dont give a damn how many people your government slaughter.. so long as u can watch ur TV, eat your hot dogs, earn your wages and drive your suv...

your forefathers would be ashamed to hear their countryman not care about freedom and liberties diminshed, about offensive massacres at the hand of the GREAT United States.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Blaine91555,

if you read my post i encourage everyone to do their own thing if they think it will work even if i do not think it will work.Don't make it look like im trying to force something on anyone.

Well in kmy mind it is a must read because i want every American to do their part in preserving our constitution.If you hate me for that then so be it.

truthseeker come on down lol,screw Canada anyway a TGIF charged me 120 bucks for a dinner for four,I'm cheap and i ain't having that!lol jkjk

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
well said PS. Shoot me a U2U sometime and give me some ideas you have and let's brainstorm a bit.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In reality to become the change one is looking to impart unto the world one must first accept the life one has to live. If by freeing a slave you then must kill a freeman, your issue would not be slavery but murder. Similarly someone with a family has first a responsibility to his children. To imart to them those tools necesary to live free and safe. To teach them those sacred lessons learned that preserve a soul in them, which is the only hope of good to survive. This as well as love them so they never fight their battles with empty hearts. It is second and less important to leave to them a world free of problems. Things may be fixed by a miracle, act of political pressure, social unrest, what ever. the only thing we can be sure of after that point is that it will only last for a while untill it falls into oblivion. Without the filling of our childrens minds with the means to survive we would never see the rise again. All things come to an end, it is the new beginings that are important because it is then that we truly choose the world we leave to our decendants. Fight the battle of the soul first before you take on the enemy of the flesh. Without a good reason as for why you do what you do , you will eventually fall into the falasy of why you THINK you must do what you do. It will not be a choice but an obligation so as to not feel guilty about being helpless to aid in your fellow mans affliction. You will be frustrated and whats more you will just know it. thats all. you will not then benefit from a heart full of strength, full of purpose. You will be alone in everyones problem. Help others. Learn, teach, and live. thats the best thing we can do to survive this.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

again if i thought i had 10-15 years to wait mybe i would even start to think about this.Not to mention im not smart enough to pull this off lol.I'm thinking about seriously trying to organize something through this website and one I plan to try to make.I think I'm going to wait untill I can get into a organized group.Much is to be planned and thought about.

Actually it would only take six years to totally replace the executive & legislative branches of our government. The judicial would be much more difficult because they're appointed for life. . .BUT-

We gotta fix what's going on with Diebold first. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I will be 100% honest im scared as hell to do this,I'm not a people person and all of a sudden Im going to be telling my story to as many poeple I can as fast as i can. I never thought my first time seeing the Whitehouse would be in this form. I fully plan on doing this,a greyhound bus from syracuse NY to Washington D.C is 47 bucks. So that wont be the hard part. Room and board might be ruff and I may have to wait a while if the tent idea is a no go. I'm looking into the tent now,I will repost.

I would be too Silo, but when you protest the government loves to turn a deaf ear to the citizens of the US. The problem is people will protest I'm sure but will the governmet listen?

No matter what we seem to say or want we are ignored. U2U me and I'll talk to you about this.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
So because we're not camping out on the White House lawn and screaming obscenities at the evil being in the White House we somehow don't care what's happening around us?

I prefer to make my opinion known, and make it count, by being politically active. If I have a political affiliation it would be a conservative democrat, a rare beast these days but we're around. This election go 'round I intend to work for an independent candidate that I like, haven't seen one yet, but hope springs eternal. But according to some, that's a useless endeavour because its all somehow scripted. Good thing the Freedom Riders didn't believe that, or the Civil Rights Movement, 'cause where would we be without them? They believed in the power of the ballot, and were successful.

Nope. I'll continue to vote, be politically active, support the candidates and issues I agree with. I'll continue to work 40+hrs a week. Rebellion because you may not agree with the people in power ain't gonna work, you'll wind up in jail or worse. Revolution by ballot box

top topics

<< 1   >>

join