It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your American Duty * MUST READ *

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is so much talk here at ATS about what this goverment is doing to our constitution and the absolute take over of our great nation.Yet no one actually really takes action and i for one am sick of it.

You may get a sense of patriotism from posting here and voicing your opinion but when it comes down to it you are accomplishing NOTHING.No one is actually out there protesting the whitehouse,no one is actually standing up for this country and im disgusted.

Our for fathers would be ashamed of us and certainly our children and grandchildren will wonder what went in our time.If YOU want change,YOU have to take action,YOU have to make a stand and say enough is enough dammit.We cannot afford to not fight,we cannot afford to sit back and let others do our American duties for us.And certainly there is not enough poeple doing their American duties even if you are contempt with letting other poeple do the work.

I'm sick of the hypocrisy I see here and all over the net.Everyone finds these news stories of new bills taking our rights away and poeple use that thread to rant,but what the hell have you actually done to bring change and stand up for this great nation?

We owe it to every man and woman that was brave enough to put their life on the line so we could voice our opinion and live free.America did not become America by a bunch of friends writing letters to eachother complaining. Americans fought wars,fought the goverment,fought for their rights and our rights.I'm amazed how this is taken for granted by not standing up and honoring these great souls.

I;m 100% serious about going to protest the whitehouse,I have to figure out how I'm going to get to Washington from New York.I plan to bring a tent and sleep infront of the whitehouse for as long as it takes for me to get some damm media attention and help me reach more poeple.This will be totally agaisnt my character sense im shy and withdrawn,but I for one am willing to get a little embarrassed and nervous to fight for my country.

Will anyone join me in my venture?Oh of course not,we have to work you know,I have family silo how could i do that?Well these are petty excuses considering what your beloved family and my beloved family faces if we do not make a stand while we still can.Drop the excuses poeple for your very rights are at stake.

I'm not trying to attack poeple,but I'm ashamed at the lack of American involvement.These things are not magically going to go away,no fairy is going to come fix these pertinent issues for you and I.

So i ask my friends who is going to take on their American duties and do what is right?I am doing this with or without outside support,I for one am standing up for your family and mine.

Don't you think the fact that i have to worry about being arrested for making this post is absolutely absured

How are you going to explain your lack of action,lack of fighting spirit,lack of forsight,lack of bravery,lack of self sacrafice to your children?If not for you then do it for them.

This is not another bs thread,i 100% plan on acting this out as soon as i figure out transportation.If it means taking a buss by myself to a place i have never been to confront the most powerfull poeple in the world,then so be it.

But understand I will be out their for your family and mine,I will be making the sacrafice,I will be risking jail time in a undisclosed place without the right to a laywer for your rights.And its about damm time other poeple stood up also.

I'm not here to build myself up or tear anyone down.I'm here to question your spirit.Do you have it in you?Well if you don't then find it because the time is now my friends.

The new Revolution is upon us,it is time to take back our country,it is time for you to sacrafice.I will miss my family horribly,most likely lose my job since i plan on staying untill i get some damm attention.So don't throw me useless excuses,I'm sacraficing so can you.

What about Harriet Tubman,this woman had more balls than 90% of us here.I happen to have to honor of living about 3 miles from the house she died in in Auburn N.Y.I would be ashamed to see her in the afterlife and tell her i did not stand up for what i believed in,and i let my country fall.This is one tiny example of a great American fighting against all odds and making a huge difference.

Again I'm not looking for moral support in the least,if you want to support me then fight for your damm country,set up your damm tent next to mine,make that damm sacrafice like so many have done in the past.

Enough is enough poeple,stop the damm talk and take action.This is your call to action,wether you are good with websites or whatever you can contribute.If your good at websites please let me know because i want to make a website to try to actually get poeple organized and actually take charge of our lives and our country.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
40 views, no replies. My point exactly. All talk and NO action!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good for you, PS.

Through your post, it comes across to me like you're stating to everyone... "you just don't do enough"... That's just not true. You also need to understand that action being taken against or toward the Federal Government can come from many different fronts. There's not only one avenue that we've got to choose from.

By using this forum, people come together to share ideas, form ideas, gather information, share information, etc. etc.... If you pay close attention to people that respond to your posts, look at the registration dates. There are many many more new people signing up every day. Look at the stats. There's 115,000 members and only 59,000 posting. That's half of this community that is but "lurking" in the shadows.... gathering, learning... waking. It's not much, but it's a damn good start.

Food for thought about your trip...

If you are going to be sleeping on the front lawn of the W.H., have you checked into local codes? I'm certain that there are restriction as to where you can go, how long, how many people, etc. I'm not knocking your ideas, I'm just trying to help you cover your basics.

What issues are you going to be protesting about? Are you going to provide passer byers with flyers? Are you going to make any signs?

I wish you the best of luck. While you are pounding the pavement in Washington, I'll be cheering for you here... continuing my end of the peaceful protest movement.

60 views and 2 replies.... just stinks that I'm a slow typer.

[edit on 7/31/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Of course you can't actually name anything that has been passed by the President to create this 'Martial Law' ct'ers keep saying is going to take place nor can you provide any examples of how you've been affected by some laws......(The President doesn't make law......congress and the house does)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't understand this little diatribe.

What do you hope to achieve? Guilt people into protesting?

I think you are slightly detached from the ordinary citizen who has to work to pay their mortgage, school bills and utilities. Many will protest through the ballot box or however else they see fit. And it is their choice how they do it, they are not any less of a protestor than you.

Be sure to post some pics if you bother to actually do it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So you go and sit in front of the white house, they go out and ARREST you. then from jail you tell fellow prisoners of your reason and hope you at least can spark their mind. All the while the next bloat goes and does the same thing. You might have more luck and be taken more seriouse if you pettition people to file a greivance with the courts and spear head the cause with your time and money, all the while fund raising so as to buy media coverage. If you can get it for free better, but being labled another waco wont help give credit to what could be a sincere pledge to do something about the problem. You have to be smart, and you have to use the rules that are valid against tham. They have taken power by the creation of laws and regulations to inhibit social reaction and growth of hostile thoughts. You have to provoke peoples interest first, then make it relevant to them, then harvest all the support you can and just go for it. Be seriouse about itand connect the dots man, there are many people that share your convictions but lack a means to have them reach fruition. Create an orginazation to achieve your goals or join one. Dont scorn those that you need to help you and go and get arrested to boot. Be smart not angry.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
(The President doesn't make law......congress and the house does)

That is true, but can you explain Executive Orders and Presidential Directives... of which hold the same legally binding strength, as does legislation coming from Congress?

That's actually a good point, ferretman2. Maybe PS can protest the new Executive Order that frowns upon destabilizing the efforts in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So i really dont understand exactly wat u r trying to say???????

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ummmm no.

My American duty is to love my family and friends.
Go to work and perform my job to the best of my abilities.
Pay my bills and my taxes in full and on time.

Be kind to people, all people, regardless of race, religion etc.

Pray to my God, which ever one I might choose to believe in.

Now, should I feel that my government is not treating me fairly or doing things that are just wrong. Then my American duty is for me to write to my government, express my concerns, heck even blog about it online if needed.

Then if nothing changes, my American duty is for me to exercise my right to vote and try to get the people in office that will do the right thing, help people and our country etc.

It is not my American duty to go camp out at the White House to try to gain attention and then jump up and down and yell and scream because I'm not happy with the current government.

We all hae the right to protest, some might consider it out duty, I do not. I choose to protest in my own way.

Good luck with your trip though, I wish you well.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Post like this make me laugh. I do not mean that to be disrespectful in anyway. I certainly understand the OPs position and his frustration. What do I find so humorous then? Well what has the OP done? Even in his post he talks of going to the White House to protest, but you haven't actually done it have you? Yet you judge others for not doing something that you have not also done. That makes very little sense to me.

Now the OP states that feeding family is simply an excuse. I respectfully disagree. How do you tell a 6 year old, "Sorry I'm not home and we have no food, no lights, no water, and the landlord is going to put you out in the street. I'm sorry you are homeless, but I have to camp on the White House lawn in order to make the world better." Sorry but that is not gonna fly. If you are in a position that you can leave your family and go to Washington and NOT worry about those things. Maybe you have a spouse who works and can pay the bills, while you protest your heart out, but not everyone has that. Simply leaving for Washington is not an option for some of us and it is not fair at all to judge others for these circumstances which may prevent them from joining you side by side.

I do not know about anyone else, personally I can not afford to sit on the White House lawn for an indefinate amount of time in an attempt to gain mainstream media attention. Also the chances of getting that attention are very slim. You have homeless people just blocks away from the White House, yet we still have a huge problem with homelessness in the USA. Remember the "War on Drugs"? I can go 3 blocks from the White House right now and buy some. Just because you put the problem on the White House lawn does not mean it will gain the attention that you feel it deserves.

So what do you do? I suggest finding already existing groups. For instance, Impeachbush.org (I think thats the name) is planning a march on the White House on Sept. 15th the same day that they expect the Generals to deliver their assessment on the Iraq war. There are things out there and many ways to get involved.

Personally I wonder if "We the People" waited too long. Maybe it is possible that things have went too far to protest things back to where they should be. Anymore you can be considered a terrorist for protesting the US Government. For myself, I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Some people in this world make great politicians, some protesters, others make great fighters. If there comes a time when people must take up arms and actually FIGHT. Not with words, but with actions, weapons, etc. Thats when you will see how active I really become. Is this something I wish to have happen? Absolutely not, the whole idea scares me to death. Eventually I think it will come to that and then you will see how many of these people who "don't care" suddenly show up to the fight.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
the mind wins wars the fist can not reach. A heart won is better than a heart stopped. Bloodshed, no matter how justified is never just.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
First let me say thanks for the good luck wishes and such.And let me appologize for coming across to strong.My intention was not to say if you don't protest your not a good American although rereading itkinda sounds like i meant that.

I do understand poeple excersize their American rights in different ways,but I feel these ways can be manipulated and straight up ignored by the very poeple you are acting against.I have written letters and have gotten the exact same responses,I have made phone calls only to hear a secratary that will not connect you through to anyone of importance.

Don't even get me going about voting although it is a very powerfull tool,perhaps our most powerfull of all,it to sadly can be easily manipulated.I truly feel helpless when it comes to these options so I'm looking at the last resort i guess.

As far as what im fighting against,Infoholic your dead on man, I could be jailed and have my money home and any other assets taken from me for this protest i plan.

NSA Spying on phonecalls and emails..

There are so many things to raise your voice about but i feel these are most important to me at the moment.Not to mention Tillman,Iraq War,Bush veto on bill to cut mercury from vaccines to name a few.

Like i said if you feel writing is making a difference keep it up,but what progress have you made may i ask?Have you changed any laws you did not like or get someone out of office?

I do notice the many more poeple coming to this site and its good stuff,I'm a noob here myself.but again if it's just a conversation with no action what good does that do besides inform them.I don't care if you know everything about everything it does not matter if you do not act.

There is still much planning that has to go into this trip,i have to look up the tent idea for starters,but i figure if homeless poeple sleep on benchaes and such why can't I?Or a sidewalk not in front of a store so im not loitering.I do plan to make flyers and talk to passer bys,I'm still thinking of the most potent but not harsh way to get information out fast.I wanna give poeple document names to look up and give them a brief withen a minute so I get the bug in their head and they can look it up on there own.

If i were to get arrested it would only validate my protest that much more,I plan to contact Alex jones and Coast to Coast because i know they have a huge audience with many of the same concerns,especially Alex.So if iI were arrested I would have Aj and George Noory at least donating 5 mins to the story hopefully.This is still in very infant stage of planning.

I also amd going to be bringing my camcorder along with me so i can tape any hostile cops or suspicous stuff you know.Also for the sites =)

And obviously if you would lose your house and your children would starve you would not do this.I'm saying financially stable poeple.or use up your sick days.Or call in sick on friday or saturday and make a 3 day weekend out of it.But yes if your house will be taken and your little 6 year old will starve to death then obviously im not talking to you.But you can still do your part,however you do it,just do it.

Personally i don't even think protest will work.Honestly im hoping the make an example out of me and arrest me so it would open more eyes and show poeple this is real.I just hope they don't pull no funky stuff and lock me up for years or something,who knows now adays.

And please don't let what i think of writing congressmen and such hinder your efforts.If you truly think you can get somewhere keep it up,just for god sakes we have to turn up the heat poeple.

I will be 100% honest im scared as hell to do this,I'm not a poeple person and all of a sudden im going to be telling my story to as many poeple i can as fast as i can.I never thought my first time seeing the whitehouse would be in this form.I fully plan on doing this,a greyhound buss from syracuse NY to Washington D.C is 47 bucks.So that wont be the hard part.Room and board might be ruff and i may have to wait a while if the tent idea is a no go.I'm looking into the tent now,i will repost
[edit on 31-7-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey just wondering what the main focus of your political motives are?
There are a lot of grass roots operations already working towards some of the issues you are concerned about.

One more thing, who did you vote for last time and who will you vote for this time?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I voted for Bush,i have only recently awoken from my sleep about 5 months ago.But i have been "studying"current events for about 3 years now very closely,and just recently saw the light.I would consider myself a independant.

My main focus is to stomp these latest executive orders down,and hold this administration responsible for the damage they have done to this country via wars,cover ups,and fragging.

I just don't want my future children and grandchildren to live in the America that i see in 10-20 years,not to mention beyond that.I would consider myself a independant.Althoug i want Bush impeached i fear the next president will pull out of Iraq due to popular demand,but i persoanlly see that ending up very bad.

As for who i would vote for this time,jeeze i have no idea.I was thinking fred thompsan but turns out he supports a group that contributes to NAFTA so hes out the window.Hate to sound cliche but Ron Paul is the only canidate that directly addresses the real issues of this country in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Now, should I feel that my government is not treating me fairly or doing things that are just wrong. Then my American duty is for me to write to my government, express my concerns, heck even blog about it online if needed.

Then if nothing changes, my American duty is for me to exercise my right to vote and try to get the people in office that will do the right thing, help people and our country etc.

Yes, and how far has all the above gotten us??? As nice and diplomatic as it all sounds, what would you accomplish? Millions have done this very thing and we're still under the same regime, Pelosi promises not to impeach, and it all remains the same and getting worse.

The only thing left to do is take action.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Yes, and how far has all the above gotten us??? As nice and diplomatic as it all sounds, what would you accomplish? Millions have done this very thing and we're still under the same regime, Pelosi promises not to impeach, and it all remains the same and getting worse.

The only thing left to do is take action.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Whenever I see protestors, I get pissed off at the people I know who do not have jobs and I know you guys took off from your jobs to protest or you jsut flat out do not have jobs.

Instead of the White House Lawn, which by the way is Sheehan land so you might not have a place to sit, go to a local meeting in your hometown, and bug the hell out of your local government. Be a thorn. Run for an office after enough people see you at each meeting in a few years. After that, continue now at county level government meetings, then the to state, and in 10 to 15 years you could be a congressman or senator, maybe jsut part of the State house of Reps, but at least it will do more for our counrty than loitering in front of the White House.

The only way to change is from the bottom up. How do you kill a virus? You stop it from spreading. If you stop incumbants at a local level you can stop the degradation of our nation and stop jsut talking about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Dg i'm glad to see someone else who can see letters make no difference.The most you will accomplish is to be annoying.Who have your letters taken out of office,what laws have your letters changed?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't think we have 10 or 15 years to wait for me to try to become a congressman lol.Even if i succeeded i would just be one man with one vote.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Our country was founded by a few men with a few votes and a few ideas. I am talking about breaking the cycle. If not, we will be come more complacent until another terror attack. If you thought Katrina was bad, wait till a WMD attack.

You see, the terrorist would wait 15 years to make sure he would make a difference. Immediate graticficaton and satifaction are not always possible.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by esdad71]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join