It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants In The Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One of the intriguing puzzles of science is the evidence which supports the Biblical assertion that "there were giants in those days." Legends of many races included stories of giant men who once roamed the earth, and an intensive search of scientific records shows that there is physical evidence that supports those legends.
peter.chattaway.com...
www.bibleufo.com...
www.greatdreams.com...

Near Brayton on the headwaters of the Tennessee River, were found some remarkable footprints, impressed in what is now solid rock. The ball of the heel was 13 inches wide. The marks showed clearly that the fellow whose stride turned to stone in that distant day also had 6 toes, and that he was a contemporary of a giant horse-like animal whose hoofprints measured eight by ten inches.

The antiquity of man is further attested by the rock carving in the Supai Canyon in the famed Grand Canyon area, where the Doheny Expidition in 1924 confirmed the existence of a remarkable petroglyph which depicts a tyrannosaurus rex standing erect on his massive tail as he waits for the chance to use his powerful jaws and fangs on a prospective victim. Dinosaurs were presumably extinct for ages before humans appeared on earth. The carving is so old that the iron, seeping slowly from the stone, has formed its customary protective covering, a task required by untold eons.

In late 1958 a human skeleton was found in a layer of coal in an Italian mine... a layer that was approximately 11 million years old...

In the number 3 Eagle Coal Mine at Bear Creek Montana, in November of 1926, miners discovered two huge human molars... so large that only a giant could have grown them, and these teeth were in a strata at least 30 million years old - old enough that dinosaurs were roaming the Wyoming swamps when the giant who owned the teeth was alive.

In 1833 soldiers digging a pit for a powder magazine at Lompock Rancho California hacked their way through a layer of cemented gravel and came up with a skeleton of a giant man about 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, huge stone axes, and blocks of porphyry covered with unintelligble symbols. The giant was noteworthy in still another respect: he has a double row of teeth, both upper and lower.

Near Crittenden Arizona, in 1891, workmen excavating for a commercial building came upon a huge stone sarcophagus eight feet below the surface. The contractor called in expert help and the sarcophagus was opened to reveal a granite mummy case which had once held the body of a human being more than 12 feet tall - a human with 6 toes, according to the carving on the case. But the body had been buried so many thousands of years that it had long since turned to dust.

Just another silent witness to the truth of Genesis, which tells us that there were giants in the earth in those days.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
it makes sence to me that maybe giants ogt with humans because thse people that are like 8 ft.
makes me wonder

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I seem "mean" as I'm often accused of, but not one of those sites was a science site, so I think your premise is flawed.

Actual science (as opposed to pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo) has no evidence of human or humanoid giants.

The legends probably have to do with running into tall people. Most ancient peoples were short, five feet or so. Running into a tribe of six and half footers would explain the giant myth without making up a whole race of beings that there is no evidence in the fossil record for.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You might be interested in Steve Quayle's site. This guy seems to be fascinated with the subject. His site is crammed with lots of photos of people and supposed skeletal remains, graves, etc. I haven't read the whole thing, but what I've seen is interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The sites I posted were not where I got my information but sites to aquant the reader with the 'surface strata' of the topic so to speak. I apologise if it looked like I was basing my premise upon those websites, that was not my intention and I will be more aware of how that comes across in future posts. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. (and no, you didnt come across as mean :-) .

However, I would like to point out that your premise IS flawed. Each and every instance I put up there is FACTUAL SCIENTIFICLY PROVEN. Not 'pseudo science'... maybe you didnt read all of what was posted... Im sure with a little more digging on your part you could independently verify what I have written.

P.S. Thank you for that website dbate - very interesting

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Grock]

[edit on 1-8-2007 by Grock]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Giants live among us.

Look at this picture. This is PROOF this is history.

Lizards also live among us.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've always wondered if those biblical stories were the result of a condition called 'gigantism'. If it's genetic (and I have no idea if it is or not) that might explain it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Really if you think about it lots of religions had giants in them, In Norse mythology, the Frost and Fire giants where the enemies of the gods. And in Greek mythology they had the Titans, Strangely it always points to them being evil.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
The sites I posted were not where I got my information but sites to aquant the reader with the 'surface strata' of the topic so to speak. I apologise if it looked like I was basing my premise upon those websites, that was not my intention and I will be more aware of how that comes across in future posts. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. (and no, you didnt come across as mean :-) .

Could you point to the sites that you are using to back up your claims instead of background sites? We've had these discussions before... new folks aren't aware of the issues, but those who have been around for a few years are aware of them.

However, I would like to point out that your premise IS flawed. Each and every instance I put up there is FACTUAL SCIENTIFICLY PROVEN.

Err... you ARE being deceived by one site -- the one that claims an ancient picture of a Tyrannosaurus rex.

I work in a paleontology lab and I work with dinosaur bones. I've seen T rex a lot... and the idea that they sat like kangaroos is wrong (it's an old picture dating to before we had complete skeletons to go on.) They looked like this:
www.paleocraft.com...

Another reasonable image is here:
www.makalapa.k12.hi.us...&survive/ah/ahpic.jpg

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
you come up with some good evidence whih can't be written off but you said remains where found in layers of rock 11 million years old,
way before humankind

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
you come up with some good evidence whih can't be written off but you said remains where found in layers of rock 11 million years old,
way before humankind

So are you saying that we're evolved giants and we shrank?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bassistchris

Originally posted by open mind
way before humankind

So are you saying that we're evolved giants and we shrank?

no, i think open mind is saying that it's just shakey to say that these are the bones of giants because they are far too old

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here are some of the websites where I am getting some of the information postulated in the beginning of this thread (other sources are science journals, my old college anthropology books, recorded old television shows like Nova, Unsolved Mysteries) Some of these websites link to others so itl be a lil difficult for me to retrace my path at the moment but ill try:

www.s8int.com...

www.genesispark.com...

www.stevequayle.com...

www.subversiveelement.com...

www.bible.ca...

www.world-mysteries.com...

I hope that helps clarify.

And by the way, what makes you think humans werent here 11 million years ago? Just because a flawed history book taught by misguided teachers say so? Thats part of the mystery here isnt it?

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Grock]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I also have alot of stories about footprints in rock thats very very old, maybe I should just add them to this thread or make a new thread? what do you guys/gals think?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Listen.. you can be the bible experts but I have not read it yet (I know shame on me). However, from a scientific point of view Giants would have the thicker bone density and larger muscle mass that would allow them to stand that close to the gravitational pull!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
the trippy things about giants are that we can logicly explain it all we want, yet the facts are there for all to see...

therefore, we must rearange our perception from what weve been taught to what is real...

thats going to be a 180

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hmmm, no feedback? guess I'll let this thread die a respectful death...

top topics

join