It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon admits blowing up synagoges and to creating terrorism!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
let me make a suggestion to you now arch. loud and clear. I will argue and disprove and attack every statement you make that is offensive to my religion. everyone else on this board has the right to defend what they think is the truth and so do i. i wish to state here and now that every time you post something about my religion that is misinformed or wrong i will debate it until both of us are blue in the face. i don't give up and i type fast

if you can't handle it (because it really seems to bother you when i do this) i suggest you put me on ignore now so you can post to your heart's content and not have to deal with my replies.
good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
As is the case in all religions there are those who misinterpret things and live their lives by rules that are not real. You need to start understanding that just because one little group of jews says something doesn't mean that it's the jewish law. That's all there is to it. I could care less what that group says because it is not correct. You would be correct if you stated "there exists a small group of jews who in an incorrect interpretation of their law has decided it's up to them to rebuild the temple themselves."

That would be the right way of stating it. My purpose here is to make the general membership here understand something. I can probably count on one hand the members who can/have read hebrew. Therefore I have decided as one who can that it is my responsibility to clarify things like that. I did it in a horrible thread trying to misrepresent the Talmud a few months ago, and I'm doing it in this one. I think other people in my position would do the same thing.

Since you can read Hebew, could you verify the following for me?

The Christian information about a creation comes from a mistranslation of the Jewish Testament. The Jewish text reads:
"In beginning, the GODS MADE the heaven and the earth."

The Christians CHANGED that to read:

"In THE beginning, GOD CREATED the heaven and the earth."

In other words, the concept of a creation stems from a MISTRANSLATION - from a LIE.

Could you verify the text above?

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You seem to be discussing the septuigant. Am I correct? U2U me as this is really off topic. If I'm correct I am quite familiar with what you're discussing and the change from "berei# bara elokim" to "elokim bara berei#"

We'll discuss this more in a u2u unless you'd want to start a thread up in the religion forum.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As soon as you are brought up in it like i was then consider yourself on par with me. Otherwise spare me the speech, professor. I was brought up Jewish so I fail to see how you can attempt to make it seem like your "research" makes you more of an authority on what jews believe than a jew is.

I grew up in a small church called Israel. Although it was Christian the calander, and holy days, and relious laws were the same as Karaite Jews.

I have read the bible, and the Talmud along with countless other theological works. I planned on getting a degree in theology while I was in highschool, but changed my mind before it was too late.

Growing up Jewish you may know more than me about many things, but that does not diminish my understanding. My experience was not so far from yours. That the Talmud was not part of my theology, and Jesus was is the basic difference. Other than that I lived the same as many Jews.

I am not arguing that your webfriends believe it. I am arguing that their opinions do not reflect the beliefs of jews following the laws properly.

It is only your opionion that they are not following it properly.

if you can't handle it (because it really seems to bother you when i do this) i suggest you put me on ignore now so you can post to your heart's content and not have to deal with my replies.

I can handle whatever you have to throw out. Please try to not use insults as you have in the past. It only hurts your position.

I'll be sure in the future to differentiate between ALL JEWS, and the GROUP OF JEWS that I am refering to.

Then you will have no complaints.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'll be sure in the future to differentiate between ALL JEWS, and the GROUP OF JEWS that I am refering to.

Then you will have no complaints.

Quite right, all i ask is that you not represent those minority views as the views of "the jewish people". That's all it was all about. I'm as well aware as you are that some people believe those things. It bothered me that people on our forum were taking what you said to mean all jews believe those things. Yes that upset me.

And it's not only me that disagrees with them. So many people around here are so quick to talk about how much money the jews have, yet no one funds a "rebuilding of the jewish temple." Come on man... there has to be a reason behind that. The reason is that the very vast majority of jewish people don't follow the sites you have quoted. That's all I'm trying to say. It's not only me that disagrees with them.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
FYI arch, i found the kara'i fascinating and would love to discuss that with you at some point via u2u.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
FYI arch, i found the kara'i fascinating and would love to discuss that with you at some point via u2u.

I should point out that it is their holy days, and calander the church was founded on(With NT added of course), not their ethnic, or cultural characteristics. It was not taken from their religion, there was just a similar strict interpretation of the OT. No Christmass, no Easter, no good friday. Passover, pentacost, tabernacles....
Because of that many did not understand how I could be a christian while I was growing up.

The tzitzit and other such ethnic traits were not part of it. There was two Karaite families that also attended, but they did not wear tzitzit, or folow anything else from the Karaite culture.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join