It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers, Commissioned By The State of California, Penetrate Major Voting Machine Systems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hackers hired by California's State government were able to hack into the three major computer voting machine systems, some of them within seconds, others in mere minutes.

Watch The Video

This is kind of scary. With the primary elections coming in just under 6 months, the thought that my vote could be changed or deleted to benefit someone I don't want to see in office is thought-provoking at the least and at the worst terrifying.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This isn't even surprising. Private corporations hire hackers to test their security all the time. Be thankful the hackers were able to get in and identify some loopholes or back doors that can now be fixed instead of remain vulnerable to real criminals.

Of course that doesn't mean this stuff will be fixed come election time. The government runs on their own watch. Broken!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did anyone see Colbert Report last night? he had someone on that kept mentioning the Diebold hack that helped Al Gore lose Ohio as well as the fact that George Bush didnt win becasue of the hack.

I am not in the least bit surprised by this account. I think that the machines were made to be hacked, and that the creators of the machines were somewhat complacent in allowing loopholes to be built.

I think that this technology is horrible, and can always be tilted to fulfill someones personal agenda...like the owner of Diebold.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I guess this is good and bad, i live in Uk so i aint effected by this. If hackers show the state how to get in, there showing how it can be stopped, i think hackers should be put on the pay roll at election times, oyu have body guards and security people, in this day and age i think we all need some cyber body guards, get them to check every thing and stay on them looking for people how are trying to do what ever they shouldnt be.

Take care every one, Vix

top topics

join