posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:59 PM
1) Make sure that you drive the biggest most gas guzzlin' car you can.
>>>Well, I drive a van, but only own one vehicle, and my wife and I carpool together. Also, I need the space for my sideline occupation
2) Use as many disposable products as possible while complaining about yet another landfill opening up.
>>>Not at all, I try to avoid disposable containers or at least those that aren't biodegradable, but isn't easy given our choices
3) Actually believe that Paris Hilton is newsworthy.
>>>No, but she serves as a great distraction while our rights are stripped away I suppose...
4) When you hear about a tragedy in another country think 'Man that really sucks.' while complaining that your pizza is takin' too long to get
>>>Well, it does suck, but we Americans also shell out more in foreign aid than many other "uppity" nations combined (and we do so to our declared
"enemies" as well). Still though, I don't want my damn pizza taking too long.
5) Drink a $4.00 bottled water while watchin' the commercial on TV that shows that $1.00 a day can save the life of a child, and think to yourself,
maybe next month I'll send a check.
>>>It is against every fiber of my being to pay for water. Besides, most bottled water is tap...all you're doing is paying more for the container. As
for $1 to feed a starving kid...that's great in theory, but it really ends up in the local warlord's bank more often than not...sad world we live
in. I prefer to give to local charities where I can see it being put to use.
6) Use the recycling bucket if it's closer than the regular trashcan. But if that trashcan is closer than the recycling bucket - well.......I mean
who's gonna know?
>>>It's such a simple thing to read and abide...I don't see the point in not recycling, if the receptacles are provided.
7) Complain as much as possible about the government, and when voting time comes stay home. I mean how is your vote going to matter?
>>>I even vote in local elections, not just every four years. It's a right, exercise it.
8) Play video baseball, football, and soccer. Who needs to play outside and sweat and stuff?
>>>Well, the rest of the world are complete soccer fanatics, pretty much, so this is hardly an American trait. Competiion is certainly American
though, so no big surprise there. Now, should atheletes get millions for playing a game? No, can't agree with that one at all...
9) Blame the teachers for the bad and unruly behavior of our children - and get those teachers fired if they DARE to try and discipline those unruly
>>>This is squarely on the parents. Problem is, these days, both parents need to work, so more child raising responsibility is going to the teachers
(who frankly aren't trained or paid for this extra responsibility). This could be easily solved by getting away from our WAY outdated agrarian school
schedule, and making school 9-5 like the regular workday, allowing parents time to watch their kids.
10) When some other country does something, you're standard answer should be "Nuke 'em".
>>>I'm more of the "Embargo them into the poorhouse", but if embargoes don't work, I'm more of the "Bomb them into the stone age" variety or
the "subvert from within" variety (where it will work). Nukes are messy and affect the neighbors... Diplomacy should always be the first attempt
however, but without teeth, diplomacy is waggling in the wind. True and effective diplomacy needs to have set guidelines and penalties for not
adhering to those guidelines.