It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple flies flag upside down.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
reply to post by Double Eights

As would you, and your legacy would be that of a loony home-grown terrorist who lured a peace officer to his demise to further the anti-american agenda. I too am glad it wasn't you, as you would have provided additional justification for the repeal of the second amendment.

Lured? "Peace" officer? Free speech is protected and there was zero probable cause for the officers' actions. No one "lured" the officer into their home, he overstepped his boundries and forcefully invaded their home without cause or a warrant to do so. He did this because he and his "friends" saw the upsidedown flag as disrespectful to their views of what patriotism is. I agree with Unit541, he is lucky to be alive, he should have been shot. Too bad the wife ran to the phone instead of getting a video camera while her husband got a gun to kill the bezerk officer. Police state here we come! People often ask how martial law could be implemented and how Americans could justify shooting one another! Some peoples views of patriotism are so different from others!

BTW, defending our constitutional rights is TRUE patriotism, not "justification" for repealing them! In regard to your views, you are not a true American in my mind, as much as you want to make believe that you are! I also would like to commend the couple this has affected, as they must have known the risk involved. Most people don't want to wake up and see the realities of our current situation and I think flying the flag upside "as a sign of warning" is about the greatest wake up you could try and display. Too bad some 9/11 official story believing, just returned from Iraq soldier, back on the beat cop will more than likely do something like this...so if you plan to fly a flag upside down in a sign of protest, then I would get ready for a battle. Oh well, when the crap hits the fan (think civil war) there numbers will also be greatly reduced...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I think it's amusing people can get so worked up over a piece of cloth.

Fixed it for you. If you think all Americans would react this way, you're extremely naive.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I'm sure that whoever has seen 'Last Castle' will know the significance of an upsidedown flag.

Finally if the US Flag Code states that "the upsidedown flag is only to be used in a state of distress, namely damage to life or property" then I see this usage of the upsidedown flag as improper and inappropriate.

The USA economy and government structure is in a state of distress that has already resulted in damages to life and property. Flying the flag upside down is absolutely an appropriate form of protest / communication.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Flying a flag upside down is a sign of distress, and it could be seen as an emergency call. It shouldn't be used to make political statements. The same goes for launching emergency flares and dialing 911. Only in case of real emergencies. There are other ways to protest or to make statements. Crying wolf when there's no life threatening situation, is not cool!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i agree with you seal
and if everyone of you reads thru all the posts i already said ANYONE who breaks into my home will be killed. and even a cop on here agrees with me on that.
but to act irrationally and get mad that is a bad thing for him to do- police are supposed to be neutral andto get the facts before they do anything
unless of course it is a violent situation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join