It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the larger Hoax - WWE or NBA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Simple question. Is professional wrestling or the NBA the bigger hoax.

Everyone thinks pro wrestlers is fixed ahead of time.

There is at least one referee in the NBA that has been accused of affecting the outcome of games over the last couple of years. No telling how many other game officials will ultimately be charged. Bad calls made in the future, will be suspect of ulterior motives.

Sports fans, what do you think....

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
d00d if there are corrupt refs in NBA well then there are corrupt refs... It needs to be dealt with, as would any corruption anywhere.

However, WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) is of course 100% planned, memorised, practiced and acted. There is no doubt about it. It's entertainment not a sport. It's a show.

No conspiracy there.

BRING BACK BROCK LESNAR!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Go NBA refs - spice up a dull game with a lotta rigging and shaving and stuff.

Bounce, bounce, foul. Bounce, bounce, er foul *let me check with my employer* yup that's a foul!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Women have All My Children.

Men have WWE.

They are both scripted, rehearsed and chock-full of sex, drugs and drama. Sports Entertainment is just that- Sports ENTERTAINMENT.

The NBA however is a sport. A competition between athletes. If there are bad refs, it doesn't make it just another TV show. There is still a level of competition unseen in WWE. Points count in the NBA, not in professional wrestling. The athletes facing each other in the ring already know the outcome.

No question.

As to:

BRING BACK BROCK LESNAR!!!

I loved his face plant off the top rope...AWESOME! But I say:

BRING BACK BRETT HART!!!

My $.02

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
WWE is the largest hoax!! And I love it.

NBA will wish to have the worlwide fan base that WWE has. I bet that more people watch WWE than NBA if you count that viewers outside the US.

The NBA is getting worst and with this scandal it;s going to take them a while to regain public trust.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
WWE is the largest hoax!! And I love it.

NBA will wish to have the worlwide fan base that WWE has. I bet that more people watch WWE than NBA if you count that viewers outside the US.

The NBA is getting worst and with this scandal it;s going to take them a while to regain public trust.

NBA is obviously much bigger and more profitable than WWE. How many wrestlers do you figure are making 10-20 million per year.

I agree that the NBA has shot themselves in the foot. I think that most of us have come to expect players to frequently get into trouble of one kind or another. When something of this magnitude happens with a game official it really does raise serious creditabilty questions for the sport.

You are right. It will take a long while to regain the confidence of the majority of the fans.

top topics

join