It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Tillman's take, on his brothers death.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
www.veteransforamerica.org...

A pretty good letter from the brother of the Late Pat Tillman, really asking why his brother had to die, in this 'illegial campaign'
Good to see there are some logical thinking, straight up American soliders seeing the truth behind this hideous crime.

Kevin Tillman joined the Army with his brother Pat in 2002, and they served together in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pat was killed in Afghanistan on April 22, 2004. Kevin, who was discharged in 2005, has written a powerful, must-read document.

Somehow the more soldiers that die, the more legitimate the illegal invasion becomes.

Somehow American leadership, whose only credit is lying to its people and illegally invading a nation, has been allowed to steal the courage, virtue and honor of its soldiers on the ground.

Somehow those afraid to fight an illegal invasion decades ago are allowed to send soldiers to die for an illegal invasion they started.

Somehow faking character, virtue and strength is tolerated.

Somehow profiting from tragedy and horror is tolerated.

Somehow the death of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people is tolerated.

Somehow subversion of the Bill of Rights and The Constitution is tolerated.

Somehow suspension of Habeas Corpus is supposed to keep this country safe.

Somehow torture is tolerated.

Somehow lying is tolerated.

Somehow reason is being discarded for faith, dogma, and nonsense.

Somehow American leadership managed to create a more dangerous world.

Somehow a narrative is more important than reality.

Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is.

Somehow the most reasonable, trusted and respected

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wow that almost read like a poem.Powerful words and well written.This could help fuel the revolution.

If he turns up dead I demand we take time out of our normal lives and go protest loud as hell and mad as hell.I'm not sure if the military would be so dumb as to kill him too.That would be way to obvious so hopefully this guy can get some attention.Since the farthest we seem to get is complaining on ATS.

Anyway again his words are very powerfull.I like this guy.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo

If he turns up dead I demand we take time out of our normal lives and go protest loud as hell and mad as hell.I'm not sure if the military would be so dumb as to kill him too.

We should be protesting the killing of Pat if the truth be told.

There is no need to kill Kevin because he can just be written off as the disgruntled brother of a soldier killed in war. Look no further than the spear campaign on Cindy Sheehan to witness how that works.
Kevin will never have the draw that Pat had.
Pat was a very popular and well known individual. He would have been hard, if not impossible, to smear, so he had to be killed.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I read a report about a month or two ago that said the Dr. that worked on Pats body said that there were THREE bullet holes very close together in his forehead.
He said that these shots appeared to have been fired from no more than 10 yards (30 ft) away but the "witnesses" there claimed that he was shot from more than 100 meters away because he was mistaken for a taliban member.

Just how many members of Taliban have been caught or shot wearing US Army Desert Camo Uniforms with a Kevlar Helmet?
There was a cover up from the very beginning and something NEEDS to be done to find out the truth.
The press just wont quit when terrorists are turned into naked pyramids but when it comes to one of our own, they back off. WTF?

As far as the wars go, it isnt our soldiers fault and I feel for them.
Honestly I was all for the Iraq Invasion but when nothing was found I felt a deep sense of Betrayal by my Govt.
I felt the same way when I learned that we were not only condoning torture but actually participating in it. Im not talking about the naked pyramids or panties on the head BS, thats just humiliation as far as im concerned.

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've also heard/read what Kronos has read. The bullet wounds are pretty interesting themselves because from the distance that the alledge bullets where fired, thats pretty damn good aim. And you gotta figure that the gun is probably full auto so thats really hard to do. It was covered up from the beggining; I believe I also read that Pat was ready to come forward with some kind of information that would hurt the government. Could be one possible reason for why it was covered up or why he was killed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

And you gotta figure that the gun is probably full auto so thats really hard to do

Actually the weapon more than likely can be set to fire a three round burst. And while a small grouping on a forehead would be difficult for you and me, it wouldnt be for soldiers who are trained to do such things.

CT

[edit on 2/9/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't know how I forgot about the three round burst, I play enough games where I use that similar feature. And yes, it would be hard for you and me, but I would also assume it would be somewhat difficult for the average soldier.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its very unlikely that a 3 round burst from an M16 would hit so close together in the forehead at over 100 meters, which adds even more to the suspicion that he was executed at close range.
Ive heard some say that he was planning on leaving the Army after his term was up and then use his celebrity status to protest the war etc..

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
From what I've read, because I've not seen any pics, there was not much left of his head. If I remember the quote from the other marine by Tillman, I believe he said something to the affect that he could hear what sounded like water rushing and when he looked up Pat's head was gone. And to go on with the M16 bullets, well 100 meters is pretty far, and the grouping, even on a three round burst, probably would not have the grouping that the wounds showed. One of those bullets would hit the head, the other two would probably stray/and or hit Tillman else where on the body.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think this picture says it all:

That the complicit Democrats have not made more over this murder underlines just how complicit they really are with the neo-con Republicans. God help us all if Emperor George Bush invades Iran.

I wish there were a way to break through media silence to get the opinions of Pat Tilman's mother out in public view together with these words from Kevin.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why was he "assassinated"? Because he opposed the war and was a star to some degree? Or are you guys just saying every friendly fire is an assassination? Thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My heart goes out to Kevin Tillman and his family.

His feelings about the circumstances of his brother's death are understandable.

However, his allegations against the administration are baseless and detrimental to the war effort.

He is to be understood and forgiven, but he is not to be believed.

[edit on 2007/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I dont know if he was asassinated, but there was something covered up.
And thats enough in my mind to place suspicion on the governemnt, as to why they'd cover it up, and how many 'other' cover ups they've done.
Being he was so against the war, and such a sports'star.. his voice back home with the peace movement would of been a show stopper, and that would led credence to why they'd rather have him in a body bag, rather than in front of a microphone.

Its been proven time and time again the low tactics that this administration will stoop to, in order to discredit anyone against the corporate wars.

new topics

top topics

join