It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Something interesting – ok I am a RC but that doesn’t matter in the bigger scheme of things. Now it doesn’t really matter what your belief system is, the idea that UFOs exist has been batted around for many years. We have much “evidence” and many books and documentaries which are on offer on the subject.

I, for one, believe UFOs exist even though I am RC and I am not sure how much has been mentioned in the bible but I have to say that, considering some of the UFOs see have been cigar-shaped, something I read has been very interesting indeed.

Source

Zechariah
A Flying Roll
5:1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. 2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
Zechariah sees a flying roll 35 feet long and 18 feet wide.

And further to the above but not cigar-shaped and could be anything really:

Acts
An Apparatus Descends From The Sky
10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Peter sees a craft descending from the sky. Vessel = apparatus.

The Apparatus Ascends Into The Sky
10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
The craft ascended into the sky.

An Apparatus Descends From The Sky
11:5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
Peter describes the encounter mentioned in verse 10:11

Now the above could be any number of things - however, the first piece seems the most tantalizing in terms of what has been "seen" and is described as cigar shaped.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yeah, could be, good find. I still think the drawings of what look like vessels flying in the sky, on artefact's from ancient civilization is even more profound.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Absolutely. I saw the post with those graphics on. Kind of makes a person wonder what the ancients saw and in what ways did they interpret their sightings that we perhaps miss - kind of like not seeing the wood for the trees scenario.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Absolutely. I saw the post with those graphics on. Kind of makes a person wonder what the ancients saw and in what ways did they interpret their sightings that we perhaps miss - kind of like not seeing the wood for the trees scenario.

Yeah true, it suggests they were more privy to such things. Maybe seeing these things flying in skies wouldve been the norm at some point haha, just a part of everyday life.

new topics

top topics

join