It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Physics Principle Of UFO's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The theory is that if you can generate gravity waves then you can bend space itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Remember, it isn't the question of atmospheric flight...we've got discs that can do that.

Any information on these disks?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Arch Angel, excellant info.

I wonder if the advanced craft that has been video taped all over the world utilizes that type of technology.

I have a feeling that it's more like anti-gravity tech using electromagnetics and repelling from the surface of earth. But I'm no physicist.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have a feeling that it's more like anti-gravity tech using electromagnetics and repelling from the surface of earth.

The problem with magnets is that they do not effect all matter, while electro-static forces do. Magnets, and magnetic fields are always symmetrical, while electro-static fields do not have to be.

A magnet is a dipole, while an asymmetrical capacitor is a split dipole. This difference is very important.

But I'm no physicist.

Me either. I think that is an advantage in a way.....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
With the lifter there is much wasted energy. Ionic losses are easy to see, but there is little to do about it. It is the wasted kinetic energy that could be used to increase efficiency.

Notice that the air expands outwards at the positive electrode at the top. This expansive force is refered to as electro-static pressure.

The bubble in this image is created from expanding air inside the bottle. It is not expanding because more air is being pumped in, or because pressure is dropping outside, or because the air is getting hotter. It iis expanding because there is a +25KV electrode in the bottle(Be careful if you must try this at home). Basicly this sucks most of the electrons out of the bottle. The atoms, and molecules become ionized. They all have a like positive charge therfore they repel eachother. This ionic repulsive force of a charged media represents energy by changing the state. Through the cycle in the lifter this changes, but near the positive elctrode this expansive force will be present as long as the electrode is charged.

When the ions are pulled down towards the negative electrode many change direction. This requires additional energy. The direction of the repulsive/expansive force and the attractive force are not the same for all the particles.

But what if instead of that you formed an airfoil where it could trap this expansive bubble, and direct the flow downards. The pressure difference would generate lift. It would be a motionless wing that generated lift through the pressure diference between the ambient air, and the charged air near the positive electrode. The otherwise wasted electro-static pressure could be captured and used for lift.

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Who was it that said that if you create a powerful enough magnet, it will repel or attract anything?

I think with the right kind of advanced technology, UFO's could well be just balancing on a whole bunch of individually controlled magnets. Working a bit like a harrier jump jet, replacing the jets with magnets.

Perhaps drawing power from some kind of graviton field or some such nonsense.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
"Who was it that said that if you create a powerful enough magnet, it will repel or attract anything?"

Not anything. Only things with small amounts of iron. The air has none so it does not respond to magnetic forces, unless it is ionized.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
"Who was it that said that if you create a powerful enough magnet, it will repel or attract anything?"

Not anything. Only things with small amounts of iron. The air has none so it does not respond to magnetic forces, unless it is ionized.

Ah. Well science will save us somehow!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What about this principle? This one seems way better than your dumb principle!

www.jovialatheist.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
What about this principle? This one seems way better than your dumb principle!

www.jovialatheist.com...

My principle is better than YOURS.

My toy is BIGGER than YOURS!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My principle explains how the UFO's can do crazy maneuvers that otherwise would splatter the little green men all over the nice shiny metallic wall if they used your principle! Seriously, read the link, it's not a joke...

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What about this principle?

There is no explanation behind the science, and no one has ever shown any of it to work.

Electro-kinetics are proven to work.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

My principle explains how the UFO's can do crazy maneuvers that otherwise would splatter the little green men all over the nice shiny metallic wall if they used your principle! Seriously, read the link, it's not a joke...

My "principle" was not even a proposed theory, it was just an idea I plucked from out of the blue.

I gave absolutely no thought to it whatsoever.

Perhaps these little green men are strapped into a little green man sized harness?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Harness? This isn't a few G's we're talking about here. We're talking about zooming across the sky, stopping, and instantly zooming out the other way in a blink of an eye. It better be one hell of a friggin harness! I'm not saying your science has any problems, it's great that you can build flying disks, but they won't be able to perform as well as some disks that have been observed. But consideration of bending space/time is plausible and there is no reason why it can't be done.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Harness? This isn't a few G's we're talking about here. We're talking about zooming across the sky, stopping, and instantly zooming out the other way in a blink of an eye. It better be one hell of a friggin harness! I'm not saying your science has any problems, it's great that you can build flying disks, but they won't be able to perform as well as some disks that have been observed. But consideration of bending space/time is plausible and there is no reason why it can't be done.

The disk is actually a really stupid shape. A cube is the most logical shape. Especially if you are bending the rules of physics and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"The disk is actually a really stupid shape. A cube is the most logical shape. Especially if you are bending the rules of physics and whatnot."

If multiple cells were used any shape could work, wbut with a single cell a saucer shape would work well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join