It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J.'s book proceeds will go to Goldman family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

O.J.'s book proceeds will go to Goldman family

www.cnn.com

A federal bankruptcy judge Monday awarded 90 percent of the proceeds from the sale of the rights to O.J. Simpson's book "If I Did It" to the family of Ron Goldman, who was slain alongside Simpson's wife Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994.

The remaining 10 percent will go to a trustee for the Simpson estate to pay the former football star's creditors, including multimillion-dollar wrongful death judgments owed the Brown and Goldman families.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.floridatoday.com
www.nationalledger.com

[edit on 30-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It has been many years since this happened. Almost every one who is at least a young adult probably remember the happenings. Although he was acquitted of the murder charges, these civil actions are still happening. After thirteen years of litigation it is unfortunate that most of the money may very well go to the litigators, and creditors.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
EDIT:
Oh never mind, I'm just gonna stay silent on the issue, since I know someone
will argue with me on it.

[edit on 7/30/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Iori
well thanks for the thought any way.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hrumph... mark it down as one book will not buy or read, much less even open to look at.
It just encourages them and by them I mean both sides of this tawdy tabloid spectale, OJ and the Goldman's.... they deserve each other.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Grover
I have no intention to buy it or read it either. If it means anything though I was saying thirteen years ago the he would publish a tell all book that would help pay his bills. No one I knew believed me then.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The whole episode is one of the tackiest in my lifetime and the fact that they made it a show was madness.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Grover,
I agree with you again. When that whole thing was playing out I tried to shun it as much as I could. Did not follow any of what was happening. I sometimes do wonder about the legal system in the U.S. Almost seems like they made a game show out of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've looked at one version of the book and in it, he blames a third party, though he sort of talks like he was at the crime scene.

I don't believe that they are going to publsh it, so there would be no proceeds to share with the Goldmans.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Badge
why is it you don't think they will be publishing the book? Because it would prioritizing off a crime?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
RG,

As you know the show on Fox News that was to promote the book was canceled, and they not only stopped publishing it, they tried to pull any advance copies that went out; supposedly about half a million copies.

However, (my bad) I didn't do any additional research on current status of the book.

Apparently it's been retitled 'Confessions of a Double Murderer' and is due to be published by Lifetime Books in August '07.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Badge,
Thanks so much! Some of those details I did not know. With trying to pull some of the advanced release books this is no doubt going to be a rare book Worth big bucks on the collectible market. Unforchanet really with the changed title and the fact that it could be very true.
I personally would think some publisher will publish it just for income it would produce no matter what the public thinks.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Badge,
Thanks so much! Some of those details I did not know. With trying to pull some of the advanced release books this is no doubt going to be a rare book Worth big bucks on the collectible market.

I don't think so. It's very easy to find on the 'Net. Otherwise, I think what might happen is people will scan the one chapter in the book to see the lurid details and then not buy it.

Unforchanet really with the changed title and the fact that it could be very true.

No, I don't think the account that he details in the book is correct.

First he has this 'fictional' guy 'Charlie' with him according to the book. In truth, if he wasn't with Jason, or AC, he was alone. He'd never take a person he met recently with him.

He gives wrong details on the murders and in the position of RG's body, and he doesn't talk about anything except to say he blanked out and woke up covered in blood. I doubt this is true.

I think what he does is give an account that he would LIKE to be true, just like someone bragging to a fraternity brother about a fight he 'won'.

Heh, in fact, imo, the details he gives are so off from the evidence that you're tempted to wonder if he was actually there.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
hahaha
Badge, thanks for the details. I am sure the book will be talked about in many circles so I will probably hear about it at some point. As time goes on it will be interesting to see how much money does go to the Goldmans.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Agreed......its all about money, and the Goldman's are right there in every fight to get it...Yep, Obsessive folks get what they think they need to fix things.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just like any other issue, not talking about it, won't make it go away. I am personally glad to know that OJ will not make another single cent off his crime. Why are people STILL outraged with OJ? He got away with murder, literally. When I think of his kids reading this so-called confessional book, it breaks my heart. Not only do they still have to deal with the murder of their mother, but now they get to read a book written by their father on how he "would" have murdered their mother.

sadness

new topics

top topics

join