It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspirisits and Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Simply put I was wondering how many of the conspiracy theorist out there are religious. On a very basic level I can see a link between the two. In general there is a lack of SOLID (and I emphasize solid, I know someone can find evidence for almost anything) evidence.

I myself am not Religious, however I am more inclinced to give credit to a conspiracy theory with less than solid foundations than I would a religion. It could be that people can produce tangible, arugable evidence for conspiracies however, they could just be jumping at shadows.

Overall, I put to you, are you relgious and credit alternative theories and if so, which if you could decide, do you generally give more credit to. ( I know it broad to label all religions and conspiracies but I was hoping to get an overall idea at what people thought)

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Orcaporka]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow. A very intriguing conversation could be spawned by this question. I foresee some flaming going on, however, due to the fact that religious people get very defensive. (I suppose I'll be the one to be flamed for being stereotypical.)

I agree with most, if not all, of what you said. I find it ironic that many "conspiracy theorists" are religious. I'm guessing they attribute their faith to "feelings" which are *supposed* to be absent from politics and such, though I cannot speak for them.

I look forward to the replies of the faithful...

[edit on 30/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

I agree with most, if not all, of what you said. I find it ironic that many "conspiracy theorists" are religious. I'm guessing they attribute their faith to "feelings" which are *supposed* to be absent from politics and such, though I cannot speak for them.

I look forward to the replies of the faithful...

[edit on 30/7/07 by an3rkist]

I have two perspectives on this, one that because conspiracy theoriest searches for the truth, they wont accept what a church etc. has told them.

However when I first considered the question I thought it reasonable that conspirisits would be religous becuase they can believe in something with little evidence.

I cant quite word it right today, but hopefully you get my meaning.

new topics

join