It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when will the US fall or Police State or w/e

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just want to know what your opinions are about condition X arising or something of that nature. When do you believe that the US will become a Police State or something like that and why.

I am assuming it will be before the 08 elections b/c Bush still has to remian in power right? And who will it be with, Iraq , Afghanistan, North Korea, or with Our own.

Tell me everything you think I really want to know.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't necessarily think Bush needs to remain in power for this to happen. In my opinion, he's just a puppet anyway, as will be anyone who replaces him.

I can see many scenarios being plausible. New terrorist attacks leading to martial law being declared being the most likely. In this case, I think the likelihood that we'd have '08 elections as planed pretty small.

If we do have elections, a Democrat is likely to win. We'd be bombarded with rhetoric, and most of the sheep would be convinced the new 'savior' (be it Hillary, Obama, whoever...) will put everything right again. However I don't think anything would change. Look how much our Dem. congress has fixed.

Bush isn't making these decisions IMO, he's following a directive. His successor is sure to do the same.

Oh, if Ron Paul somehow managed to get elected, I don't think he'd make it a month in office. Unfortunately, I think he'd be just too much of a target for a "Terrorist Attack".

Bottom line for me, is I think we'll see one or more significant "terror" attacks before the elections. The Administration will wait and see if the people are scared enough to put Guilliani in office, and if not, elections will be suspended, the MP's come out to play, and lines get drawn in the sand.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Doesn't Bush stay if another terrorist attack was to occur before his time is up?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How is it not already a police state?? The US government have more artillery in the US than in any other region of conflict in the world. The NSA have the tech & audacity to illegally spy on it's own citizens! The IRS illegally harass people. If you go against what the powers of be want, there are so many ways you can get F@#$%D UP! People are getting put away for thought crimes for GOD sake, & even if you have not done anything wrong & they or anyone in the position of power just don't like you.. then they can just make some B.S up & put you where ever the hell they want. I think the Police state has been in existence for a very long time, recently it has just become official, they own us like a master owns a slave. Don't worry about the Police state... Babylon has been revived!

Am I wrong??

Please tell me, if so.

PEACE!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarmis

How is it not already a police state??

Thats actually a valid question because in my opinion and I've expressed this Sourceon other threads, there are small and mostly unnoticed things that occur each month that have been pushing us closer and closer to a police state status.
The way the state tries to get itself more and more involved in your children, how you raise them, how you educate them and how you medicate them or refuse to medicate them.
Then in certain situations, if you dont do something they want or you DO something they disagree with, they will get the legal/judicial system involved and force you to medicate your child with mind altering drugs, like Ritalin, so that your child will be a zombie in class and wont question what they are being taught.
This isnt just "theory" this is fact. There are many examples of situations just like i described, where a teacher will alert the Police that you refuse to medicate your child with these "compliant pills".
The police will then notify a judge and child protective agencies, who will find you an unfit parent and either arrest you or arrest you AND take away your child.
This is a perfect example of the Government thinking that they own your child and wanting to control him from the moment he is born.

Dr. Marcia Kraft Goin

President Elect

American Psychiatric Association

1000 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1825

Arlington, VA 22209-3901

Dear Dr. Goin,

As the incoming president of the American Psychiatric Association, we are appealing to you to listen and respond to the growing number of parents who have been coerced and threatened into placing their children on psychiatric drugs through schools.

As an organization that represents hundreds of parents faced with this predicament, we are at a loss as to why the APA would oppose federal bill H.R. 1170, The Child Medication Safety Act of 2003, and the H.R. 1350 amendment to the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA), that would prohibit school personnel from forcing parents to drug their children as a requisite for attending school.

Source

There was another story the other day about a couple that tried to leave the hospital with their newborn baby but were not allowed to by the hospital staff.
When the parents insisted but were again stopped at the elevators due to the childs bracelet deactivating the elevators.
While standing at the elevators, hospital security (an off duty houston cop)
shot the man with a Taser, WHILE he was holding his newborn baby in his arms.

HOUSTON - In a confrontation captured on videotape, a hospital security guard fired a stun gun to stop a defiant father from taking home his newborn, sending both man and child crashing to the floor. Now William Lewis says his baby girl suffers from head trauma because she was dropped.

"I've got to wonder what kind of moron would Tase an adult holding a baby," said George Kirkham, a former police officer and criminologist at Florida State University. "It doesn't take rocket science to realize the baby is going to fall."

Lewis, 30, said the April 13 episode began after he and his wife felt mistreated by staff at the Woman's Hospital of Texas and they decided to leave. Hospital employees told him doctors would not allow it, but Lewis picked up the baby and strode to a bank of elevators.

This isnt the only evidence, just the tip of the iceberg but its all I have time to add right now, you get the idea though.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Anyone considered that perhaps this Ron Paul is part of this great big police state scheme? Figure, if elected what if he keeps the plan moving forward. But it's Ron Paul, so no one would suspect a thing within the conspiracy communities (namely ATS). The way I see it is that if there really is this big police state plot then it doesn't matter who gets elected. It could be Obama, Clinton, or even Ron Paul.

But anyhow, I strongly doubt that Bush needs to be President for a police state to happen. Personally I think that canceling elections would be a bit too conspicuous. If I wanted to make the US a police state I'd just continue with the elections and keep inserting another puppet into place for a while. The American public is still way too aware for the elections to be canceled. This big plot will probably need quite a few more years to pull off this sort of thing.

If Iraq was a test run on how well the American public would react to a questionable war then it's back to the drawing board. They'd need to bring the media in on their side before anyone could even think about a police state in which wars could be declared without public backlash.

new topics

top topics

join