It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kat Von D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
what can i say man?

i love tattoos on women. i have 59 tattoos myself.
now, she is starting her own show next week i think called la ink. she is giving clinics all over the place, posters are popping up...

she is very marketable....i don't know if you have heard of her...if you're not into ink then probably not.....
i think she is about to blow up bigtime...i think she is going to bring a change to tattoo's well.

there are always the constants like traditional stuff and pinup's...a few years back there was about a 10 year run where everyone had to have something tribal.

Kat specializes in portraits but thats not all she does....her black work is amazing. she IS one of the premier(best) artist working right now...a lot of people think i am crazy but she has been around. it's just thaat nobody heard of her till now(unless you read the rags and such)...
she worked at true tattoo with chris garver(also one of the best) and now she is gonna have her own place and show.

she books out 9-12 months in advance...

so this is my Kat Von D appreciation thread. not just for her sexy looks, and sweet art on her body, but the ink she pushes is top shelf.

she is gonna be an uber star.

hit her site and you can see a bunch of her work...it really is fantastic.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
She is gorgeous, and so very talented. I saw the Miami Ink when she walked off, and was hoping she'd keep moving up to bigger and better things. It's nice to hear she's getting her own show.

I'd love to have her work on me, but I couldn't afford what she must charge.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
She is gorgeous, and so very talented. I saw the Miami Ink when she walked off, and was hoping she'd keep moving up to bigger and better things. It's nice to hear she's getting her own show.

I'd love to have her work on me, but I couldn't afford what she must charge.

i think she is at like a $250 minimum whish would tell me she is around $200 an hour....she might not charge that way but instead by the piece but if i had to guess, i would say thats about where she is at.

i would also love to have her stab me but for me, part of the whole getting a tattoo is calling my lady, getting in right then or next day...i'm not to into booking out a year ahead and then having to wait.

i saw when she walked off miami ink too. i think they brought her in to make the people at miami ink more popular and in turn, she got all the populariaty.
face it, garver is awesome but he is boring. ami is kind of a tool. yoshi can't be understood half the time and is not always there anyway. darren is kinda meh and nunez is a reall arse.

only one wth any real personality just so happened to be kat.

what i do not like about kat is she KNOWS she is the shizz. she only wants to do black work and portrait stuff. i understand turning things down but *sometimes* she goes about it the wrong way.

either way, i am a fan simply cause she is a lady pushing ink. my first tattoos were done by a woman and my last 25 or so have been done by the same lady. they are rare in the bizz and i like getting worked on by them.....hopefully she turns some people in general and women onto art....

be it tattoos or painting or whatever.

i also think kats show will focus more on her 'style' of tattooing and her personality versus miami ink that devotes so much time to downer, depressing crap.

the miami ink show will fade but the shop will always do good. tattoo shop on the beach ='s instant hit....i grew up in st pete and all the shops on the beach had it pretty good.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Kat Von D is the best tattooist I have ever seen, her portrait work just blows everybody else out of the water.

It has became something of a life's ambition of mine to have a portrait tattoo done by Ms. Von D.

SR

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That sounds coooooooool, shame about the Miami Ink fallout though they all could of benefitted more from that show. She'll probably go from strength to strength though

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

ami is kind of a tool.

Oh, so true. He has some serious control issues.

In my opinion, if an artist is beyond great at something, let them do the kind of work they want to do. I'd rather have an artists make me a canvas (or ink me some skin) out of love, than just because they had to do it and weren't that into the subject matter.

I saw the first ad for LA Ink last night -- doesn't it air tonight? Or is it Friday? At any rate, if I was a guy, I'd be all over that Kat chick.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it airs tonight at 10.

she was not fired from miami ink...the falling out was cause tlc offered her her own show. she quit miami ink 3 days before th eepisode where ami 'fired her'....she knew it was going to happen before she walked out there.

the thing that sucks is people think of her as the girl from miami ink.

she has been living in LA and working there for years. LA is where she is from. she only flew to miami for a couple weeks or a month at a time to film bits for miami ink.

she made it clear she never liked it there. she was clearly more popular with people than any of the guys in miami ink....ami and nunez didn't like that....
she got offered her her own show..tlc built a shop for her...
she is ALL over the place already. billboard ads, building size ads, full page magazine spreads, maxim and stuff magazine.(i know maxim but if it was not stuff it was one of the others just like it).

her show is gonna pwn the hell out of miami ink. i wish garver would quit working there all together. ami is a turd....

here are the other artists at la ink...the shop is called 'high voltage tattoo'

the other artists

kim saigh

hannah aitchison

pixie acia

full crew

the dude is corey miller
----------

hmmmmmmmmm....i wonder what show people are gonna watch

of course ami/nunez and her had a falling out...she is gonna kick the hell out of that show and it will probably be cancelled here directly

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I love her tats and talent. As a female with tats and an artist(not tat artist though), it's awesome what she is doing for the tat /art culture and showing diversity feminine beauty's aesthetic. I think if the show was Ft. Laud Ink instead of Miami Ink, she would have liked So. FL better. Because it's more adept to the non model/alternative beauty than Miami Beach.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I know nada about tattoos, but I find Kat to be very appealing. I caught her when I was just flipping through the channels one day. I could sit and watch her work all day. Hell, I might even get a tattoo if it were from her. She is a honey!

join