It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparation through Film and TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In the late 70s through the 80s and 90s there was a theory that the spate of Science Fiction films and certain TV shows were sanctioned or had the approval of the US Government and maybe other Governments around the world. I've just watched the TV series Heroes and i'm thinking it might still be going on.
I'm very interested in hearing other peoples views on this with more examples from the media

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Huh. Sounds like "Project Tobacco". Hoax? I think not...

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Close Encounters came out in 1977. ET came out in 1982. Those are two of the best ET-prep movies of all time, and they took place a generation ago. If they are prepping us, they sure are moving slowly. I think they missed a golden opportunity.

[edit on 7/30/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Meurig,

Here's 2 other threads about the same thing.

Here

and

here.

I still believe, if something is in the works, TV is one of the best ways to get it out there. Just read through the above threads to see what others have already said about this issue. You might find some of what your asking in those 2 threads.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
True abut ET and Close Encounters but what about X Files, Independence Day, Contact, Signs, Sphere and possibly Event Horizon and The Abyss

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I could do this with a one word post. I won't though. Which is why I'm beating around the bush.

The word you all are looking for is:

De-sensitizing.

The desensitization of us is, I believe, an ongoing project so when we do get disclosure, it won't be so traumatic.

My humble $.02

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
True abut ET and Close Encounters but what about X Files, Independence Day, Contact, Signs, Sphere and possibly Event Horizon and The Abyss

I was considering more of the fuzzy alien films rather than the bad guy aliens, though Contact (1997) does qualify, kinda.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I could do this with a one word post. I won't though. Which is why I'm beating around the bush.

The word you all are looking for is:

De-sensitizing.

The desensitization of us is, I believe, an ongoing project so when we do get disclosure, it won't be so traumatic.

My humble $.02

Cuhail

Ding!! Ding!!! Ding!!!!!!! You would be correct. Good word. But some just need to have it explain and shown to them or they might not believe it.

new topics

join