It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Billionaire Soros Says Bush MUST GO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
George Soros, the dude with a 11 billion dollar hedge fund, is going to spend 12.5 million to preven Bush from being re-elected. He likened the Bush Adminstration to "Animal Farm" and classified his tatics as life threatening.

"This is reminiscent of George Orwell's famous book Animal Farm in which all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others," said Soros, a Hungarian-born American.

He and others may be spending upward 400 million dollars on advertising against Bush.

Go Go Go Soros!

news.yahoo.com

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And it will be worth every penny

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was hoping someone would throw money at this problem.

Bush has so much money on his side, he makes the Dems look like UNICEF.

Monetary support is how this West will be won.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Soros is a joke IMO and is part of the "Extremely" left wing agenda. With that said, I have supported Bush on "alot" of his policies, but lately his immigration, the sneaking of PA II and the way he seperates this country and the world is making me take a hard look at other candidates in this upcoming election. I would love Lieberman to become the nominee and if he can't then Clark, but I do not want Dean in the White house at all. I will vote for Bush over Dean, so Democrats need to find someone who is more appealing to moderates if they want a chance to win this election.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's only fair that the left has at least one billionaire on their side. I mean the right has all kinds of corporate CEOs, oil tycoons, and old money politicians on their side.

Balance.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Balance is definitely a good thing, but this really was no shock. People involved in politics know quite well that Soros has been hanging with the dems for a long long time.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
I do not want Dean in the White house at all. I will vote for Bush over Dean, so Democrats need to find someone who is more appealing to moderates if they want a chance to win this election.

Do your research: Bush is an extremist, look at his economic policies from the tanking state of Texas, up through present day.
If you are the moderate you claim to be, Dean would be an obvious vote for you. You just have to realize that you're not voting for HomeComing Queen & look at the facts, not the marketed "S**t kicker simplicity" versus "Angry man".

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know the policies on both men very well BT. I don't form my opinions by what the media, you or anyone tells me to believe. I am probably one of only a few people that actually reads, agendas and policies of each candidate and the current president. Dean disgusts me because he left his moderate position he held in Vermont and seems to flip-flop on almost all of his Iraq issues, which shows me his willingness to appease for his own personal gratification. And like Sharpton said in the debate the other day, if your so for racial equality then why did he not have one brown or black cabinet member in his tenure in Vermont.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've posted, in another thread, the fiscal conservatism of Dean. It's quite clear - from balnced budget to doing away with certain taxes, he's the real deal.
Bush's policy in Texas, to compare governorships, have tanked education, increased middle & low income taxes and have filled the prison, as well as increased the teen pregnancy rate. All things that were middle of the pack when he became Gov.( relevent to state rankings), are now some of the worst in the nation.
Dean, and all the other candidates, suffer from equal time divided among too many participants; your basing things on sound bytes.
As for Vermont, where are you from? The state is 97% White, .5% Black & .8% Latino. Seems to me that to pick on color alone would have made him a 'token' leader instead of getting the best person for the job. They happened to have an Editorial stating those demographics on my train ride in this morning, so it's a timely response!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This should be moved to either the "Secret Socities" or "New World Order" Forums....why?
Because with all the information that supposedly details the affiliations of the CFR and Carlyle Group with the agenda of NWO, BT's buddy ole' pal would seem to be fully apart of. And being Jewish, also embodies the Jewish/Zionist world Take Over Game.
Secondly, anyone and everyne that said that Bush was affiliated with the agenda of the NWO is seemingly being proven wrong, in that Soros, is apart of this very same "ATS hyped" NWO.

"George Soros"
Link:
www....-------------------------/library/bio/business/george-soros/

Excerpts:

"Hungarian businessman. Jewish; original family name is Schwartz.
Partner in the Carlyle Group.
Was the owner of Harken Energy, and bought its declining shares so that George W Bush could make a million dollars. His reason to do that: "political influence."
Member, Council on Foreign Relations

1995 Appointed director, Council on Foreign Relations"

Great guy....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Was the owner of Harken Energy, and bought its declining shares so that George W Bush could make a million dollars. His reason to do that: "political influence."

Being able to buy influence with Bush makes Soros the bad guy? Nah, he is dirty though. Big time capitalist and currency speculator. Yet for the life of me, I can't see what makes him "liberal" other than promoting the decriminalization of pot and not backing Bush.

He's like King Capitalist promoting it all over the world for personal gain. He's about as "leftist" as McDonald's and Walmart if you ask me. If someone said LIBERTARIAN, I'd buy that. Civil rights and money are his thing.

I was surprised ------------------------- didn't have more dirt on him, they KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYBODY!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Update on this and what Soros plans....seems they may be "endangered":

"Democrats' Financing Plan Challenged
Watchdog Groups File Complaint With FEC Over Party's 'Soft Money' Network"

Link:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Worth the read.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics