It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've noticed some signs from revelation coming into reality lately has anyone else? I have read many other threads that this gut feeling inside me and everyone else that something huge is going to happen sometime in the near future, the predictions of the antichrist as the next pope invisioned by St. Malachy, the end of the Mayan calender 2012, John Titor's prediction of violence around 2008, I can't confirm they are all viable sources but I know revelations is being the word of God, some signs i have seen come reality : Israel becoming a nation, the Earth's axis changed triggering the changing of the seasons (this happend after ther tsunami hit killing 100s of thousands) corruption in the church (though that has been happening 100s of years)

Does anyone else believe these days are leading up to the End Times? Does anyone else recognize any more signs coming to life from revelation?? Or can anyone just add to the catastrophes or events they may believe will happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Many people do, but much more do not. I believe the rapture will start soon,
then the tribulation. I could be wrong though, only God will know the end
of times. Do not let people mislead you and tell you the world will
end soon. Only God know when our life will end and no one else.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Focused_Life
I've noticed some signs from revelation coming into reality lately has anyone else? I have read many other threads that this gut feeling inside me and everyone else that something huge is going to happen sometime in the near future, the predictions of the antichrist as the next pope invisioned by St. Malachy, the end of the Mayan calender 2012, John Titor's prediction of violence around 2008, I can't confirm they are all viable sources but I know revelations is being the word of God, some signs i have seen come reality : Israel becoming a nation, the Earth's axis changed triggering the changing of the seasons (this happend after ther tsunami hit killing 100s of thousands) corruption in the church (though that has been happening 100s of years)

Does anyone else believe these days are leading up to the End Times? Does anyone else recognize any more signs coming to life from revelation?? Or can anyone just add to the catastrophes or events they may believe will happen.

---------------------
I was also researching on this topic in view of the current global turmoil.
I came across this wonderful link on this subject, although it is from an islamic perspective, it does make a lot of sence, especially because it mentions the coming or the returning of Jesus and the end times, events and signs.
www.harunyahya.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Focused_Life
... I can't confirm they are all viable sources
but I know revelations is being the word of God, some signs i have seen come reality :

A: Israel becoming a nation,
B: the Earth's axis changed triggering the changing of the seasons
C: corruption in the church

A: Israel is a nation by 'name' only, the Israel the scriptures talk of includes the 10 lost tribes..the 'Israel' of today is more aptly a reborn 'Judea'...as Israel was taken captive by Assyria many decades before the Jews of Judea were taken captive in Babylon & the Temple in Jerusalem pillaged. The Jews of today's 'Israel' are mostly converts to Judiasm from the Kazar kingdom in/around the 1st millennium
(an opportunistic conversion?? as a returning Messiah was anticipated?)

B: the seasons haven't changed as you suggest,
the Earth had a very minor disturbance in it's rotation & an almost impreceptable wobble in it's spin (measured only by very minutely accurate scientific instruments) but not to the degree that every man over the world could notice as the scriptures suggest the 'days are shortened'
as a result of the earthquake beyond measure that happened in Earth's history..........believers will go to great lengths to have prophecy be realized when is hasn't really met the standard of being accomplished.

C: the first part of Revelation deals with the 7 (seven) churches
not 'A' church...
so the priest pedophile issue is not the prophetic word,
nor is the Swaggerts, et al of the Protestant faiths either
all thru history corruption was present in the churches, thats when Jesus
said they were the Synagog of Satan (all inclusive) so an End-Time
corruption is a misleading 'sign'

nothing you've presented has an inkling of convincing me,
now it might make some sense to others...
thanks.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Lol trust me I know God only knows I just wanna know if anyone has anything to add to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
there are no end times. even if the bible is true etc, it's an allegorical work. it's not there to predict anything, it's there to talk about the circumstances of the situation occuring during its authorship

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
-Isaiah 11:11, 12

The first dispersement was when the Jews were conquered by the Babylonians around 422 BC. They eventually came back together as a nation around 370 BC. Once they came back together as a nation they were again dispersed by the Romans about 70 AD and for a time there was no nation of Israel. If you took the time to read some old 1800 era newspaper clippings, you would see that the land of Israel was desolate and practically uninhabited. It was a wasteland that was forsaken by almost everyone.

DESOLATION OF PALESTINE
A TRAVELER TELLS WHAT TURKISH RULE IS DOING FOR THE HOLY LAND

'Nothing can well exceed the desolateness of much of it. Treeless...

the villages nothing but mud huts, dust, dirt and squalor; the inhabitants with scarce clothing enough for decency; their houses-ovens; large tracts without a horse or cow, sheep or dog; no pretense at roads; except from Jaffa to Jerusalem, and this like a cart road over aplowed field, the rest, at best, like sheep-walks on the Downs of Sussex, but for far the most part like the dry bed of the most rocky river, where, amid blocks of stone each makes his way at a foot pace as best he can, or on smooth, sloping rocks on or over loose stones thrown down from the old walls on either side, which no one offers to remove; nothing upon wheels to be met within a ride of over 300 miles"
DENTON JOURNAL DENTON, MARYLAND 26 JUNE 1880

Slowly but surely, the Jews began to return to Israel and God who once used the judgement of the Roman army to drive Jews from Israel now began to use war to target the Jews so they would be driven back to Israel. What Hitler meant as evil, God used to fulfill his plan of action. In the year 1948, Israel was once again recognized as an independant nation by the U.N. and the rest of the world (mostly). This is the second gathering that Isaiah wrote about. There is no other reasonable explination.

As far as the argument that all 12 tribes are not represented, you can read this article on the subject. It easily refutes this side-tatic that attempts to deny that the current state of Israel is Jewish. That's one of the favorite diversions that anti-Semites love to pull out of their hat. "Those aren't the real Jews". Whatever! Don't get bogged down in this side show or you'll find yourself discussing devisive topics like "Was Jesus black?" and will never move on to in-depth discussion of the real subject.

Getting back to the prophecy portion we find the following:

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be torn in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. -Zechariah 12:3

Aside from this one verse, there are dozens more that predict that Jerusalem would be a problem for the entire world. Now that Israel has gathered back together we know that the time will be coming soon. Just how soon we can't say exactly but I believe it will be in my life time for a number of other reasons that will soon be apparent. Actually we can clearly see the reasons now but mentioning them brings out the scoffers in droves. Look at some of the recent threads I started for clues that indicate a world-wide struggle for power is very close.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The concept that we are in the End Times is not new. But the fact that Isreal became a nation after being scattered is a strong sign. Not sure that I know of another example of this in all history. Christ says not a generation shall pass after the budding of the fig tree(scolars agree this is symbol of Isreal). This I believe in part fulfills Ezekial's prophecy of bones coming together/muscles ect. Also Christ in Matthew 24 mentions wars/rumors of war..earthquakes..weather. The key though is he says they increase in frequency and intensity much like a women's labor pains.. I believe that is happening. I have seen data on earthquakes that show that.

There is no Biblical prophecy that must be fulfilled for Christ return. From 2 Thessolonians comes the concept of the rapture. Like Noah/Lot in past believers are taken off the earth before God's final tribulation.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
One other thing to keep in mind.. The bible says no man, angel ect knows the exact time of the end.. Only God the father. I think there is ample evidence End times are close..

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I agree that we may not know the day or hour, but we can recognize the Season.

The season my be now. I'm not a pre-tribber, I grew up with that dogma spoon fed to me. I would consider myself in the pre-wrath camp. It makes more sense to me. It seems less ambiguous, more logical (as if human logic has anything to do with it), and compatible with the Apostacy that could decieve even the elect if it were possible.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There may be afew signs but i suggest you disregard the John Titor predcitions. As interesting and exciting as it all was I believe it was a huge hoax

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
See you after the 2012. If you can get to the predictions a bit deeper you might want to go the NC area.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi all.

I know this is a bit late but I came across a free book regarding the end times.
I advise that everyone read this for it predicts the end time.

the-end.com...

Good Luck

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well i am a newbie on ATS

Personally i think "the end of the world" is all BS,unless of course the sun has a mood swing and decides to exhaust itself in the next 4 years and/or all the women start growing beard and a moustache(well then at least all the men will die for sure
).

I believe our planet and the world we live in will grow till ripe old age and then die on its own.
Most people i have noticed keep referencing the predictions of doomsday mentioned in the holy books,like the bible et al.

And they ignore the fact that all the "holy books" ,whether they're the bible,quran or the geeta,are just that,BOOKS.

They werent written by gods,they were written by mortal men.

Almost everyone blissfully ignores the real reason why the books were written in the first place.
They all have the same message:
Love each other.Be compassionate towards each other.Respect each other.And everything else around you.

But this ominous message somehow seems lost.That doesnt mean i am an atheist,i am a staunch believer in god,but even more than god itself,i believe in his values,his teachings.i think its about time people start realizing that.

All i am trying to say is,stop using the holy books as references for doomsday,its just plain annoying.

Although i'd prefer the mayan prophecies any day.

p.s:i am sorry if i have offended anyone,it wasnt my intention

p.s.s:i am wondering when those slimy little grey men will show their their butts,i for one would love to kick their ass for making us wait so long.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think that the signs told of the end times are constants. They are things that are always happening. There are always changes in the weather, there is always some sort of turmoil in the middle east, there are always wars, rumors of wars, etc. The only thing different about any of it is that now it affects you. I think it is more of a, keep your eyes open at all times, kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenomorph07

And they ignore the fact that all the "holy books" ,whether they're the bible,quran or the geeta,are just that,BOOKS.

They werent written by gods,they were written by mortal men.

Almost everyone blissfully ignores the real reason why the books were written in the first place.
They all have the same message:
Love each other.Be compassionate towards each other.Respect each other.And everything else around you.

But this ominous message somehow seems lost.That doesnt mean i am an atheist,i am a staunch believer in god,but even more than god itself,i believe in his values,his teachings.i think its about time people start realizing that.

All i am trying to say is,stop using the holy books as references for doomsday,its just plain annoying.

Well, hello, and Welcome!
Yes, they were written my mortal men, and people do lose that fact when interpreting the Bible for themselves.
But, your encyclopedias, books, ect. were all written by mortal men. And much of your opinion/understanding/knowledge of the world is derived from thoughts, and ideas of mortal men's words and writings, so don't discredit humankinds genius.

I realize your point, of course
And I , myself try to find the 'real' teachings of the Bible, and filter out what I belive to be , hmmm...alterior motives, I suppose you could say. Either way, God has allowed it to be in his books for a reason, if not simply as a way of coming to the realization that some of the writtings have been written in falsehood- Just like Im doing right now, for example.

Regardless of my personal beliefs, I think that the poster above me has the idea! Kudos, friend! Its more about people trying to feel as those they are a part of something 'bigger', and looking to the Bible as a reference for their 'personal fable', not simply because they belive the Bible to be a tell tale accurate medium. Although, if there were to be 'an accurate' medium, I'd have to agree that the Bible (written in many parts for its self denoted prophecies) would be the closest historical text to help do this with - Next to the Mayan Prophecies, of course

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

John Titor's prediction of violence around 2008

Just to let you know, a few weeks back there was an American being interviewed on Talk Sport and he claims that he is a prophet, well to cut to the chase he believes that in 2008 there will be a nuclear war which would start the end times. He also says that this will last for a few years, many people will die including himself butcome back to life at a later date. He also claimed that Jesus would walk the earth soon afetr this war.

www.the-end.com...

Im not sure if thats his website, but you can download a free e-book on it. Im going to have a look at it once my laptop comes back from servicing.

It does seem that 2008 is the next big date apart from all those other ones where nothing happened.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I agree but bare in mind the rapture is over in "twinkling of an eye"

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Many have stated that it is impossible to know whether or not we are living in the last days before the second coming of Jesus Christ. However, below you will find dramatic proof that these are the endtimes. The proofs below defy coincidence.

In Revelation 9:15-16, the Bible prophesies that an army of 200 million soldiers will launch a war which would kill “the third part of men.” Never in the history of the world until our present generation has there been a power on earth that could field 200 million soldiers.
However, the late ruler of China, Mao Tse Tung boasted in his diary that he could field an army of 200 million. The CIA World Factbook reports that in the year 2001, it is estimated that China has 200,886,946 men of military age, and this number is growing by 10 million per year.

In Revelation 13, the Bible prophesies that a world dictator will soon rule over a world government. He will cause all people in the earth to receive a number without which they will be unable to buy or sell. We are seeing this prophecy fulfilled before our eyes in a most astonishing way. Nearly every human being in the world now has been assigned a number. In America it is our Social Security number. In Security number cannot be
declared as a dependent on an income tax return. We have seen the emergence of electronic money, shopping with credit cards, and many people urging the abolishment of cash. All of these things could not possibly have been fulfilled until this present time. Only after the invention of the computer could such a worldwide numbering system be administered.

Revelation 13:7 and Daniel 7:23 prophesy the establishment of a world government. The term “New World Order” has become a prevalent phrase in the world’s political culture. Mikhail Gorbachev made the term famous, and Pope John Paul II has referred to it repeatedly. In the September 12, 1990 issue of the Chicago Tribune, our former president George Bush said, “Iraq is the first test for the New World Order.” He emphatically stated that the Iraq War is Saddam Hussein against the world. The United Nations’ troops are continually referred to as the multi-national forces. The decision has been made to establish an interdependent community of nations that will rule the world under United Nations authority. The Bible says that this will lead us into a great world government. The formation of this government is at hand. Is it coincidental that all of these major prophecies pertaining to the last times are being fulfilled simultaneously?

In Revelation 16:12, the Bible predicts that the Euphrates
River will be dried up to prepare the way for the kings of the east to invade Israel. This will happen at the time of the battle of Armageddon according to verse 16 of the same chapter. The battle of Armageddon will be the final battle at which time Jesus will return and fight on the side of the nation of Israel. Immediately thereafter He will establish His kingdom
and usher in His one thousand-year reign of peace. On January 13, 1990, the Indianapolis Star carried the headline “Turkey Will Cut Off Flow of Euphrates for One Month.” The article stated that a huge reservoir had been built by Turkey. While filling up the reservoir, the flow of the Euphrates would be stopped for one month and a concrete plug for a diversion channel
built. These things have now been done. With this newly built dam, Turkey has the ability to stop the Euphrates River at will. The conditions for fulfilling this 1,900 year-old prophecy are now in place.

This and much more can be found here. www.endtime.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Many people do, but much more do not. I believe the rapture will start soon,
then the tribulation. I could be wrong though, only God will know the end
of times. Do not let people mislead you and tell you the world will
end soon. Only God know when our life will end and no one else.

I have enjoyed your posts and agree with most of what I have read. On the rapture doctrine I'm afraid I must disagree.

In the Olivet Prophecies Christ tells us what to expect at the end of days and He never mentions any semblance of rapture. To the contrary, He tells us what is expected of us in the end of days.

To me, it shows we will be here, we will experience Satan's tribulation, which is lies and deceit but we will not be harmed if we realize it is Satan masquerading as Christ.

Our examples were the 3 Hebrew children being thrown in the fire but they were not harmed. God's children went through the plagues and escaped Egypt - they went through it but God protected them. He parted the Red Sea, fed them manna, etc. They experienced it but were not harmed. Noah went through the flood but had God's protection. Daniel was thrown in the lion's den but he was protected.

God is telling us we will be here but as Christ said when telling the disciples what to expect in the end of days:

Luke 21:18.But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

We are His children and He loves us. Why would He allow us to be harmed?

.............Whirlwind

top topics

<<   2 >>

join