It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the cover of Popular Mechanics yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can't find a photo of this months cover online. Go to the store and look for yourself.

They must be getting ready for full disclosure soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Could you elaborate on this?

Being in the UK does not help

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well could you at least describe what's on the cover....?

it's not like I have a magazine outside my house right now or anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.popularmechanics.com...

all I saw was a car boat??

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Whoops, Thats Popular Science..

I just got it 2 days ago

BRAIN POWER WORKOUT: BUILD MENTAL ABS OF STEEL
a little quiz to test your knowledge, and then little known facts about keeping your brain always on its toes

WHATS NEW: REAL VIDEO FROM DIGITAL STILL CAMERAS, P. 16

LINKING MIND TO MACHINE
Soon The Human Brain Will Control Robots- Just By Thinking
Very good article talking about mapping synapsis to control all sorts of things. Covers latest technology research

PLUS
Attention, NASA
You're Broken.
How to Get With The Mission
Havent read yet

Hello, Cyber-Crooks
Meet Your Worst Online Nightmare
Discussing undercover police officers to track pedophiles online. Nothing new

The cover is of a very interesting robotic hand in mid flex with red tendon cords. Black fingers, silver joints. In the background there is a boy out of focus

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
OK, but I still dont get it?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Noooo... The one with a UFO on the cover with the story: What will you do when they announce the arrival of UFO's, our Goverment has a plan.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We are still talking about January's issue of Popular Mechanics right?

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
energy wave ur not crazy i saw that one too but it was someone on the streets so i couldnt read it ment to pick it up on the way home crap

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The online site is different also

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I saw that as well. I didnt buy it though. I went for the new issue of Discovery instead, I got the feeling that pop mechanics was just trying to sell a so-so issue with a spectacular headline.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I saw it in the supermarket magazine rack sticking out like a sore thumb. I think it's like subliminaly relaxing the fear. Funny, it was at the same height as young children's eye level.

Think back through childhood how the ET's image through the media has evolved. Every generation is getting just a bit more of the dose. I think we will see an increase in this stuff between now and 2012.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Got it here, PM: when ufo's arrive.
Starts off with spectulation on how ETs would be discovered: SETI, airforce space comand(which monitors satellites, missile launches, and orbiting debris).

Then it mentions SETI's protocol on contact... a close call five years ago(data transmition from SOHO, an observatory observing the sun a million miles away).

How if ET does show up he'll be hand-cuffed by the FBI, ushered away and examined by scientists along with his spacecraft towed and confiscated.

It says how it would incorporate elements of a plane crash, radioactive contamination, and capture of a contagious, diseased animal.

Basically, nothing new.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow. That cover is definately ariginal, and a bit scary.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sometime in 2005 I predict that is when contact will be announced to the world. Probably the summer, July seems like a good time, maybe even independence day?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The HUGE magazines, newspapers, TV stations, media, etc are all owned by the same group of elite. Now, if a magazine such as Popular Mechanics is so bold as to display THAT on the cover, something is up. I can smell it! That's not just a random cute story or a speculation just for fun... this was planned, and it was discussed in meeting rooms before it showed up on the cover. Stuff doesn't pop up on the COVER unless it is important enough or the timing is good.

Well, let's see where this goes... because honesly I have no idea what these guys are cooking up. I have an idea for the final outcome, but I don't know how we're going to get there. That's the fun part!

Let's all just enjoy the show! It's like Independence Day movie, in real life. Exciting!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i am really excited about this. i think it will be really amazing if this kind of thing starts showin up on a bunch of other large sources like that. I am interested in finding what the outcome will be.

BTW, i am definitely gonna buy that magazine ASAP.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by sftprez]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
According to the article in Popular Mechanics..

"If an alien does land on Earth, he or she likely will be classified as an animal and quarantined in a Biosafety Level 4 Department of Agriculture facility for testing, according to the plan."

Now.. I'm SURE the aliens just read that and decided "screw this contact thing, these humans are #ing crazy..".

On a serious note, it will be humans who will be locked up/annihilated/tested on in the open... we'll be the animals. We already are, in a cover fashion...

top topics

join