It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens causing Mental Illness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunctionOh, yeah, go for it, be my guest. Believe what an age-old money grubbing institution full of guys who like to play with little kids' privates and dress up in pretty dresses has to say.

No skin off my nose.

Hey, tell you what, I dare you to call on Satan and offer to sell your soul. See if he shows up.

I bet you a dollar he doesn't.

Because he doesn't exist.

Its good to see that we have the best example of human conscience here today, with us providing us with answers that he in his or her lifetime of only a few years has picked up.

Whether you like it or not the vatican has more knowledge than any of us will get hold of. Just because your a non believer why should i care.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by andy1033

I would take the vatican over you any day, in saying whether entities can posess bodies. i am not talking about med evil times, i am talking about still today.

The vatican > MajorMalfunction, anyday.

But the Vatcan has never been about religion, its been about power and control, and still is today.

You get power and control, because you have more knowledge than most. People would not join the freemasons if there was not something in it for them.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
SuicideVirus Hello.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I can say this it is true and is from personal experiance i have no evidence, but all i am asking you to do is read and see what you think.

There was a time when some paper moved on the floor i thought wow a ghost.
There was a time i saw a blue/white light i thought wow a ghost.
There was a time i saw fish that had long since been dead i thought wow a ghost.
There was a time a coffee cup moved and the door slammed shut i thought wow lots of ghost's.

Im not going to lie i was thinking hay this is my dad trying to let me know he is ok on the other side. It gave me a little comfort however something changed my mind almost as soon as i had that comfort feeling.

Something that was not a ghost something that was not visable something multi dimentional maybe.

When this multi dimentional (I think) thing happend to me i no longer felt so secure i felt like someone was behind the mirror looking at me when i was only able to see my own reflection.

I noticed i was able to see thing's only with a little detail however when the thing's i see look at me and notice me they become confused and move.

Picture's of them you say nope video nope nothing they dont show up. Is it in my head yes it is in my head nobody else sees them.

What do they look like ? Big eye's wierd head
Do they interact with me ? Well i noticed they move there head if i copy them there heads jiggle about they seem excited.

Will user's be critical with what i just typed maybe yes,maybe no thats only a very vague description i gave.

Do i consider myself insane ? No i have gone thru a lot in life and i feel like my head is above the water.

What is this post worth ? well its worth as much or as little as the person who read's it decides its worth.

Do i beleive in G-D ? Yes but he has not got a white beard and he wont be angry with you if you do something wrong and he wont be happy with you if you do something right.

Do i take drug's ? Nope
Do i smoke ? Nope
Do i drink ? Yes

The above is my personal opinion and thats cool.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
this is off topic, but someone suggested grabbing a ouija board. i have no personal experience with those, but almost every person i hear comment on them says that they shouldn't be messed with. you never know what's coming through and people that use them have a good chance of finding a not-so-nice "friend" hanging around them.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hi an0maly33.

As a warning i would say never use a ouija board. They can not only harm those taking part but also anyone who witnesses them.

Even if that is on a t.v screen ten thousand miles away.

My father once warned me never to use one and that was good enough for me. When he dabbled he asked what his future would be and in turn he was told and it all came to pass.

Now if he had never asked would those thing's have happend ?
WHO KNOWS.

They were some of the biggest hurdles in his life death and such.

Just be carefull.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 31-7-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No sorry as there is no proof of any aliens being on earth. Try as you may you will not find anything proveable or verifiable and considering how long we have had cameras, movie cameras and videocameras you would think that, if there actually were aliens walking around that someone would have caught them on one of the apparatus mentioned. They havent. There are no aliens on the earth, sorry.

Are you freaking kidding me!!! No proof??? Do you even know what website you belong too? Have you ever seen any of NASA's own video transmissions? Have you heard NASA astronauts say on their live transmissions "Houston we have the alien spacecraft under observation"? How bout every single recorded human civilization having stories of visitors from the skys?

Chorlton, you really crack me up. You wrote there is no proof of aliens because no one has caught one on film. That is the single most disturbing thing I have seen you write yet. I can say that you don't exist because I have never seen a video of you, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist. Please stop claiming things you have no clue about because not only are there countless videos that no one can explain, there are countless periods of time where cave drawings and writings have detailed visitors from the sky. So unless you first go out and research these things, please don't make these ridiculos comments. I can't say for 100% sure that Aliens are here because I have never seen one in person. Just like the jury in a criminal trial never actually sees the crime take place, but they still have to come to a decision on what actually happened. Only then do they decide the fate of the defendent. Same goes for Aliens, there is enough substantial proof that they have been here for centuries if not longer. That's my two cents.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Whathavewecometo]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi Whathavewecometo.

I think at times like these we need to respect each other's opinion's Chorlton is Chorlton just like you are you and so on.

He has an opinion just like everyone else has an opinion i respect you and in return i would hope for the same respect.

I am at the other end of the spectrum from chorlton however we co-exist we send each other messages we get along.

If something is real to you it is 100% real and thats cool however if the same thing seems unreal to someone else no matter who that is cool also.

See what im getting at ? It's something that has drawn me to this site. Shure i think certain users are a pain and i dont agree but sometimes i do.

It is the way thing's are here.

And this topic is about "Aliens causing Mental Illness" so lets keep it real.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is it the aliens CAUSING the mental illness..or the belief in them? Are they seeking out strong minded individuals who know the truth and then infecting them with illness to stop them from sharing the truth? I'm still green but I have a lot of questions..........

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
As a warning i would say never use a ouija board. They can not only harm those taking part but also anyone who witnesses them.

Yeah, but how is a person supposed to get skilled at controlling entities unless they practice and find out what works best for them? At least with a OUIJA board, you get a chance to practice with some smaller, less powerful entities, and then if you want you can slowly work your way up to the bigger, trickier ones. That's all I'm suggesting.

Oh, and the Parker Bros. brand OUIJA board is okay, and will still work, it's better if you can find a real spirit board, or make one yourself. You don't have to use human skin.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whathavewecometo

No sorry as there is no proof of any aliens being on earth.

Are you freaking kidding me!!! No proof??? Do you even know what website you belong too?

There's a lot of evidence, of something, but no solid proof that life exists anywhere other than on Earth. Not even of tiny little bacteria. Weird stories, unusual photos, scratches and burns are not proof. They're indicative of something, but nobody has ever been able to adequately connect the dots. If you know of some solid, undeniable proof of aliens that has been verified by all experts as authentic, then I'm sure everybody here would love to see it.

But as of now, there is not a single shred of evidence that leads to irrefutable proof that confirms alien life.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
COSMODIAN, have you every heard of electromagnetic frequency based mind control? Or more specifically HAARP? I am surprised to see how quickly some people here have dismissed your experiences as schizophrenia symptoms, especially considering how much different they are than your average schizophreniac's.
If you keep up to date with modern science, you would know that the EMF mind control technology has been unveiled somewhat. We're told of machines that can simulate any of the senses through certain EMF ranges. The question is, if these are the technologies they are unveiling, what other kinds of technology is still secret? And secondly, it is extremely easy to send these ranges through simple high powered wires or even Wifi.
Has everyone forgotten about MKULTRA? Richard Helms destroyed most of the files before he left his Director of Central Intelligence position. That was nearly forty years ago.
Also if I recall correctly, all of our electronic applications and appliances operate in a certain electric frequency that is the same range that can be used to stimulate the brain. Any electricians here that can offer some input??
I am a believer of the human mind, and it's untapped secrets. Could it be that your brain has become hyper-sensitive to the EMF?

Questions to COSMODIAN:
1)What age were you when your schizophrenia symptoms began to show strongly?
2)What exactly do your schizophrenia symptoms consist of?
3)Have you ever gotten a clear message from these "transmissions"?
4) What were you studying at Nursing? And where is it?

Ive experienced similar symptoms since I was a child but have suppressed them. Where as I used to hear a sudden loud ringing noise, followed by voices, and even though I cant remember what was ever said I do distinctly remember wanting very much to kill myself after and telling my parents about it. Past the age of 11 I never experienced this and the symptoms have steadily declined, but I began to have random, horrible thoughts about killing people and torture around the time the voices stopped. I would remember feeling helpless as I tried to force these thoughts (which have always been the opposite of my nature) out of my head. I've been smoking weed for about 5 years now because it seems to block out these intrusions and let's me think freely.
I live a normal life now but thinking back I am surprised my mental condition didn't worsen as I got older like most cases of mental illness. I always wondered if the tv shows I was watching or books I was reading triggered some psychological response. (Come to think about it I haven't watched tv in about 5 years also).
Anyways thanks for listening I guess I just got into a personal rant there. With all of the evidence that EMF mind control and subliminal mind control DOES exist (and are still being researched with top dollars), I think we should keep an open mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What i am about to say is pure speculation here we go.

If we could get a high number of human beings from the victorian age from all walks of life and have a large get together.

And the topic was UFO'S and alien's would they understand the subject as we do today ?

What would they have to say ?

I think they would be silent they would not undertand it as we do now, it would be poppycock to them.

There is something right there you see, something has come along in our time something that our mind's can understand that the victorians mind's could not.

What changed in the last 100 year's ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I must disagree with the posts implying that mental illnesses cause hallucinations.

Instead I propose that perception of otherworldly phenomena causes all behaviour labeled as mental illness. And because it is labeled as illness rather than de-tuned perception (perception not properly tuned to this world) it worsens and drives people crazy. "Modern" science will not agree with this though, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
What i am about to say is pure speculation here we go.

no, its not speculation, its a very good point.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is/was widespread belief by Native Americans that certain people who displayed the symptoms now called mental illness, were in connection with another realm, or world.

While our scientists use trial and error to unlock the secrets of the brain/mind, there is still a great deal more that we don't know, than what we do. The ability of humans to do some amazing things, from autism related gifts to the fact that there was once a man from France who had almost no brain at all and yet was fairly normal, means that what the mind/brain may be doing is really uncharted territory.

The habit of western medicine to label as an illness everything that is outside of set parameters is misleading. Ask the parents of many children with Downs Syndrome, and they will tell you that these are the most angelic offspring in the world. Western religion strives to impress on followers to act as most of these people do naturally.

The point I am making is that what may be voices or visions that some describe as a mental disorder, can be also viewed as nothing more or less than individuality. Some people have excellent sense of taste, and may exploit that by becoming a perfume buyer. Some people hear perfect pitch, and go on to play in an orchestra.

A great deal of how these things, these differences in abilities, matter in our lives is in some ways related directly to how society tells us, orally or in social clues, too react. Someone who hears voices can become spiritual and find great comfort in these voices. Visions of horror can lead others to becoming another Stephen King. Much of this can be in how we learn to view these things.

While I would not advise anyone to ignore the need for medication to control such behavior, namely because without it a person is at great risk in our society when they are not completely in touch with the shared reality, neither would I advise a person to rely completely on drugs. I fail to see long term benefit by distorting with drugs the view of reality that you are already having a problem with.

We all have thoughts, ideas, songs-we-can't-get-out-of-our-heads,memories, mental pictures, that we deal with. Perhaps some more than others. And to tell someone they are mentally ill based on what the OP has stated is far from being helpful. Mental illness, whatever else the term may mean, is a catch all that is used when science doesn't have an answer and yet refuses to admit the fact.

Could the OP actually be reporting just what is occurring? Because we have so little information on how the mind works, even exactly which part of the brain is the seat of the mind, it would be extremely presumptuous to declare that person a liar, or mentally unfit.

We say Disability too often, when we should celebrate man's range of Ability.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
NGC: Thanks for elaborating on the point I was trying to make. Great post.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Do not take those medications!!! I took one once and once I went off it, guess what? All these intense memories from childhold came up, stuff I will not go into, but like intense Satanic ritualized events, with VERY intense feelings that went with it. Why so intense? They were not my own, but those of the perpetrators. Those nueroleptic drugs do only one thing: That is eliminate any weird memories that need to be processed. Do not buy into the whole mental health system!!! It is indeed a cover so one will not have their history revealed to them. I would even go as far to say that Pharma is IN on it. That whole Schizo diagnoses seems to be a cover: They thought aliens were after them or the CIA-Hello these things really happen!!! NOw my memory is being erased via a freezing technology and elecromagnetic frequencies so I will never know my history. The best thing to do is lie- hell learn from the perpetrators- that is all they do- slowly stop taking the meds for a while, but tell your doctor that you are taking them. IT is important to know what has happened to you or is happening to you- this is your history. AS far as I am concerned , aliens COULD control the whole mental health system. Look I am going to lay it on the line, I have heart failure, cancer and now Alzheimer's because these LIars do not want anyone to know the truth. Many have t ried to reveal it, only to have gotten murdered. Case in point- psychiatrist john Mack, who had patients coming to him about ET experiences, and he beleived them and began researching it- a big nono in the psychiatric community, then hes was conviently hit by a car, while in another country or something. These is no such thing as mental illness- the brain is just fine until %$%$# start messing around with it and conducting their experiments. OH, and if you do not go along with their lies, they will GIVE you a mental illness, by doing something called suicidal programming and making it permanent. This all relates to mind control and programming which the ET's first perfected. Think about it - why would the brain go haywire unless their is something trying to "come through" to a person's conscience? Those medications are toxic. I am looking in to taking lithium Orotate, which is the non pharma form of lithium which is a mineral because of what they did to my brain. Also, play dumb I learned the hard way and did NOT do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No sorry as there is no proof of any aliens being on earth.
Try as you may you will not find anything proveable or verifiable and considering how long we have had cameras, movie cameras and videocameras you would think that, if there actually were aliens walking around that someone would have caught them on one of the apparatus mentioned.
They havent.
There are no aliens on the earth, sorry.

Thats a broad theory. So just because there isnt any video or photos that you think is real of aliens who apparently have to be walking around you decide there isnt anything. I would say thats absurd. Video and photos one dont equal reality. You can get video or photos of anything. They dont prove anything.

Then there are many things that simply cant be photographed or videotaped. Yet people believe they exist. Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Dreams, Imagination, Hallucinations, Singularities, Time, Consciousness, Memories, Thoughts, etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by earth2
Maybe not in a physical form. Try to think outside the box, beyond our puny human brains. Maybe they are in a energy form that cannot be filmed with cameras or seen with human eyes.

Maybe. But that makes them conveniently non-documentable. If you make this claim, then at some point they have to be detectable. Otherwise I think you're putting the cart before the horse. It's an absurd discussion:

"Aliens caused my illness."
"Show me one."
"Well, you can't see them."
"Give me a picture."
"No, they can't be photographed."
"Show me the implant."
"They're undetectable."

You can't go very far with that line of thinking. With all due respect to the OP, schizophrenia is a disease that commonly postulates aliens talking in heads, control of the person by cell phone towers via implants, etc. That's the whole tin foil hat issue. As described, this is a classic case. It's not new. Among the mentally ill, it's common. And it changes with the times. Way back when I knew a guy who actually wore a tin foil hat because the government was controlling him through telephone pole wires. Today we've got a better candidate in cell phones. This is all well documented in the medical literature.

[edit on 7/30/2007 by schuyler]

Maybe all people who have dreams are schizophrenic. The only reason we believe in dreams, thought, memories, consciousness, and imagination is due to consensus reality and thats it. Maybe were all schizophrenic.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

There are no aliens on the earth, sorry.

I agree completely. No matter what the form, there are no aliens here.

I think the thread title needs to be changed to "Mental Illness Causing Aliens." That's the more likely explanation in many cases.

Please explain why abductees suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? The same PTSD that soldiers experience coming back from war. The same PTSD that rape victims experience. The same PTSD from those who suffer traumatic accidents. ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join