It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over a mountain in Romania

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Contrails
I live very close to one of the largest AF bases in the world with no industrial polution and in a rural area and have seen and can identify most US jet aircraft and I have never seen any contrails that look like that. johnlear if your around I would really like to here what you think about this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can't tell what it was, I got distracted by the reporter.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Ok, Contrails will lengthen as the plane continues on its path. This however does not do that, the light is tight and the fire balls stay consistent. I would venture to guess as all of us are guessing on this one, that it is some space junk coming back to earth, or possibly a passing meteor. Note the fire on both sides and the space in the middle, this would show that something is entering the atmosphere. Dont buy the contrail argument as it doesnt act like a normal contrail.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
geemony, i agree it could be anything, something entering the atmosphere, maybe. alot better explaination than contrails. by the way your signature rocks

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
The one who filmed it says that he saw them united as a point of light, only when he looked trough the camera it showed 2 halves. After the first object descended over the mountain, a second smaller object came up from behind the mountain.

Uh, do contrails do that?

Skeptics on this site are quick to debunk reports when all we have is video evidence without any "eye-witness" accounts. Evidently, the guy in the first video was the person who "filmed" the "object". He had what appears to be a news reporter in his home. For me, this adds credibilty to the story. (Unless it was a slow news day)

IMHO, the subsequent 2 videos seem too similar to the first to be other contrails.

Now, to contradict myself. Since I don't speak Romanian, I don't really know if he said the above quote. How did the OP arrive at that quote?

As always....kk

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Come on, you guys. Do anyone of you "This can't be a contrail" people even do the *slightest* bit of research before making your claims? A short time on Google Image Search will do wonders for you.

Listen, jet contrails can be long. Jet contrails can be short. It all depends on the atmospheric conditions. This is obvious to, well, anyone.

Look:

See? A "short" contrail. Still not convinced? Look:

Smoke rings and everything!

and...

Hey! Bonus! This one's even lit-up by the setting/set sun! Still not convinced? Look:

Look

Look familiar? Now imagine if this jet was heading directly away from you. How would that affect your observation? Look-up "foreshortening" for the answer.

Combine all this with some Romanian rube and there you have it: a "UFO".

Now can we get back to the more important topic of the smokin' hot reporter?

[edit on 31-7-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Seriously, some of you people should actually get up and go look outside once in a while. The thing was obviously a short contrail lit up by the setting sun. If you can't see that, then you apparently have some kind of odd perceptual difficulty. Maybe it's from watching too much TV. Get up, go outside, look around. Not everything is a UFO. Some things are IFOs.

Here's a really cool shot of a short contrail coming from an Airbus. Now imagine if it was heading due west into a sunset horizon and it was all lit up nice and red/orange. Oh, why am I even bothering with you?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is one I took a while back

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
OK, I finally got a screen grab in order to study the "contrail".

In all of the other images provided as proof of contrail, the streams seem to remain parallel to one another. In this sighting, they appear convex.

Link to image of contrail:
farm2.static.flickr.com...

This is just for fun:
farm2.static.flickr.com...
I want to be re-incarnated as a microphone.

< Sorry...I don't yet know how to embed image in post. Could someone tell me where to find info on this? thnx >

But seriously, if in fact they are contrails, why are they so short ( OK moving directly away) but they are clearly moving in relation to mountain.

regards....kk

[edit on 31-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

In all of the other images provided as proof of contrail, the streams seem to remain parallel to one another. In this sighting, they appear convex.

Kinda like this?

To embed a pic use the "grey" newspic icon, 3 doors down from the hyperlink icon on the toolbar.

As for why the contrail is moving reative to the mountain? Obviously because te airplane is moving relative to the mountain. The plane continuously generates the contrail but the contrail is disipating quickly as the plane moves along. Kind of like a car's exhaust on a cold, low-humidity day.

Learn more here

[edit on 31-7-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Kinda like this?

Gosh, do I feel stupid. Uncle...Checkmate....You win.
And I don't feel I have been attacked at all.

This certainly closes this case for me.

Thanks for the embedded image info.

regards...kk

edited to remove redundant image from post

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Come on, you guys. Do anyone of you "This can't be a contrail" people even do the *slightest* bit of research before making your claims? A short time on Google Image Search will do wonders for you.

Listen, jet contrails can be long. Jet contrails can be short. It all depends on the atmospheric conditions. This is obvious to, well, anyone.

Yes con trails can be long and short, however in the video it no way resembles what you have here. There is no trailing edge of a contrail in the video and it does not lenthen as the so called plane continues on its path. It doesnt matter if the plane is coming straight at you or going away from you or moving side to side. A con trail would leave a disapating vapor trail in its wake. Not even the same thing here IMO. The Video shows a fire ball on each side, not the sunset shining through water vapor. This is something moving through or into or out of our atmosphere. Rocket launch, Test of some missle, meteor etc..... There are other explainations other then con trails. This is the best I could find which has similar properties as the OPs video.

www.metacafe.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Really, look at the posts people have made with pictures of contrails. Because thats what it is, and its so damm obvious. Just visualize a plane, high altitude, going away, leaving a trail, is that so hard?

Oh and to the folks who say since there´s a reporter there, its true, let me tell a little story:
Here in Portugal last year, 2 idiots bought a chinese toy ufo that sort of hovers, with led lights, etc. They filmed it in their back yard with a phone cam. Nearly all of the main news programmes here swallowed it, and put it on TV as "wow a ufo". They went to the moron´s house, interviewed them, etc, like a major news story.

True story, just to put things into context.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
Oh and to the folks who say since there´s a reporter there, its true,

Originally posted by kindakurious
He had what appears to be a news reporter in his home. For me, this adds credibilty to the story.

Uh, I said.."adds credibility to the story". Meaning that a person was willing to go on the record as having witnessed an "unexplained" phenomenon. Unlike so many videos from anonymous sources.

If you are going to quote me, please quote me correctly.

Although I started with an open mind and gave this story the benefit of the doubt, I now believe this particular sighting is contrails thanks to IAttackPeople who offered an image strikingly similar to the one in the video.

regards...kk

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
what is with this ppl.
This object the samo one has been seen also in finland...

Here's link ...

Forgot to say, my friend from Croatia saw it too, the samo one...
When i asked him What is it he said... "I dont know, something's up soon"!!??

[edit on 16/9/07 by Triad979]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
and I thought nothing ever happens in Poland
guess I was wrong , time to start walking with my camera everywhere

Hmm back on topic , I would lean toward the theory that its something entering our atmosphere. The problem is that with the quality of the vids beeing as they are it might be hard to decypher if its a contrail or something in the atmosphere :/

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ok, so the big one is a contrail illuminated by the sun.

Did anybody notice the little one? Looks like a foo-fighter is interested in it too.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In the polish vid they state that the object was 5 time bigger than a passenger airliner, it was moving very slowly across the sky and it was observed for 10 minutes. It was also seen in other cities by multiple people.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
They are contrails I am certain but from what I cant say? I live near an airport as well and I've seen lots of planes and trails, I've driven home from work sometimes and the angle I approach my home from sometimes I will see jetliners approaching for landing and it almost looks as if they are hovering in mid air but its just appears that way. I do think the posted videos show illuminated contrails from aircraft we do not normally see but I could be wrong.

Can't this be proven though if it was a civillian airliner by tracking what plane was in that area at that time?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Slickinfinity]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join