It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Help Needed to ID This Plane

page: 1

join
share:
din

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Long time lurker but first time posting. So please be gentle.

I was taking some pictures around my house yesterday (mostly of flowers) when I suddenly saw this plane high up in the sky.

I didn't hear any sound and took the pictures immediately. The pictures were zoomed 10x (optical). The first and second pictures are the full image and the third one is cropped.

Anybody has any idea what is the specific model of this plane?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure and i welcome anyone to correct me, but i think thats a glider. There are a few variations of gliders but they usually have longer than usuall wings with quite a slim body.

hope that helps

....oh and welcome to the boards sir, glad u made the jump from lurker

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Invisus]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Looks like a typical glider, though I am unsure as to the exact model.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yep its a glider probably playing around in the lift above some cornfields.
Probably the first decent lift of the year too.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
After a bit of research, one of these two maybe?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

din

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am aware that there is a gliding club near my place, I normally could see them on the gliders every Saturday. But the plane that I posted above was flying much higher than usual. It most probably was one of the gliders though. Thank for your help!

www.yorkglidingcentre.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks like a ASW-22B a high performance glider. I actually holder my gliders licence and though I havent flowen on of the these gliders I've seen them a number of times at the fields and they are pretty awesome sight to see. Also a nice price tag to at 119,200.00 EURs

Here is a link: www.easternsailplane.com...

lots of good quick posts guys/gals. The files link form wikipedia seem close for resemblace but the 2nd I'm almost 100% sure isn't it as the wings don't look the same structure wise. Also the link to the york airfield (same name as one near where i live in Canada) doesn't list any of the post gliders since this glider is most deffently privately owned and flowen.

To narrow it down it also could be the DG-300 glider from the first wikipedia link

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

new topics

top topics

join