It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish sticks and biometrics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Using fingerprints, voice tones and eye-movement patterns has long been the stuff of spy movies, but the use of biometrics is now coming to the Lancaster School District.

The district plans this fall to use a fingerprint scanner at El Dorado School to help speed up the lunch line. Officials say it backs up when youths enter their ID numbers on a keypad to buy lunch.

"With kindergartners and first-graders, even students who go away for summer or for break, there are issues of remembering their number," said Connie Conrad, director of child nutrition. "It's a lot easier not to have a crying child, trying to get their name from them."

Surely there must be a better way to expedite this so called problem
Let's slowly introduce biometric acceptance to collect personal data all in the name of getting your lunch quicker. Allegedly the prints are discarded, of course they are, so that nothing could potentially arise from leaked info. This is appalling on all levels. I can understand something like this taking place in a secured location (ie. military) but subjecting and even brainwashing common school children is wrong. The one good part is that this is voluntary and any level headed parent would quickly do the right thing.

src prisonplanet.com...

brill

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm pissed...

Name tags work FINE... Leave getting fingerprints to criminals not children. At the moment I would refuse a fingerprint if I wasn't in a police station for something wrong... But, If I was in grade school I probably wouldn't realize that its not a good idea and most parents probably wont ether.

I've said it before, all it would take is one badge to get that info.

join