It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ok, let me start by saying I don't know what in the world is going on with my vehicle, and have no theory as to why the following events are taking place. I'm here to get insight and ideas as far as a "Why" as to what has been happening:

I drive a new vehicle I purchased new from a lot a few months back. I have on various occasions filled the tank in the evening and come out in the morning, only to find the fuel tank down a full quarter of a tank on my way to work. At first I thought it was just my imagination. This turned out to not be the case. This alone is strange however it has sparked my interest and therefore I have made a point to fill up and see what happens the next morning.
Last night took the cake! My fiance and I had some company over, and when I went to the store for ice and beverages, I also filled my vehicles tank. Anyway, this morning, not only was my car down a full quarter of a tank, but the mileage was a full 100 miles more than it had been the night before! What's weird here, is I am sure I have the only keys to the vehicle. Well, at least that it was I think. Anyway, I'm really starting to get worried! Any ideas? Has anyone heard of this before?

[edit on 30-7-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow.. that is strange, I was going to say that maybe someone is stealing your gas, but I can't explain the 100 miles...

Can you park it in a garage and lock it?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Have you asked your fiance if he or she has taken in sometime during the night/early morning? Have you told he/she about it?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeah, You're right. If it was just the gas I wouldn't be as worried! Good point though.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hi Enjoies. Goodmorning! No, I haven't told her about it for fear she'll freak out. I am glad I have the ATS crew, I figured I would bounce off of you guys to get a better idea as how to handle the situation. I have even thought about trading the car back in. But I'm in love with the vehicle. It's more the strange events that bother me.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A couple weeks ago someone syphoned the gas from my friends Bronco. Luckely he didnt have much gas in it. He usualy tanks it about $70.

Maybe your fiance went/goes somewhere at night, or the odometer is broken.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sounds to me like somebody in the family is using the car at night. Do you have any kids? Confronted the wife? If neither of these bears fruit, perhaps one of you have been "sleep driving"??

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OH yeah...

Do you have any teens in the house that drive?

My friend and I used to sneak his dad's truck out for some late night adventures...

We'd push it out of the driveway and down the street and then start it.
Coming home, we'd shut it off and coast into the driveway.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
No kids. No other family members. Neither of us left the house, I'm a very light sleeper. And I am sure I'm the only one with keys. At least to the best of my knowledge. And it is a brand new car. I think I'm going to set up a camera.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Set a trap so you'll know if the car has been moved or someone has tampered with the gas.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Have you seen Transformers - Amazing film... maybe you've got yourselfa bumblebee
damn i want that camaro.. anyway i digress.

The only thing i could suggest is sleep driving. Very dangerous but people do do it! 100 miles is a lot though!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You don't take sleeping pills like Ambien for example? I have heard that people on Ambien and some of these other new sleep aids are "sleep eating", "sleep driving", etc. Other than that, I would say someone is driving your car at night other than you.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nope. No sleep meds. And yeah, I'm thinking someone is driving my baby as well. Kinda creepy!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ok. Just got some crazy news. I just texted my fiance what happened last night and she says her car was also a full quarter tank low this morning, and almost on empty! What the heck is going on. She couldn't believe the same thing happened to me, so I'm glad I let her know.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh, so it wasn't her. Thats really strange.

You should put a camera on them to see whats up. Let us know if you catch anything, very interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I would suggest putting a camera in the garage to see what happens. Don't tell anyone and see what happens.

Val

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This has to be a joke thread. Jesus...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When you park the car, take casual notice of the tire's valve stem location on a particular wheel, say the left rear or whatever is convenient.

As a teenager, a couple of times when I was grounded I used my car and got caught both times.
Took me a while to realize dad was noting the valve stem location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have a computerized key and definitely have control over both of them you shouldn't have a problem . . . unless someone has duplicated your key.

Duplication is something you can do yourself with Ford products if you have both original keys at hand.
You need the key cut to shape on a key machine and then you can program it right on the vehicle.
Check your owner's manual.

If one or both key's are missing the dealer will have to do it.

I understand that older Fords only had 80 different key patterns.

Stumbled onto that one when I found my 89 Ranger pickup key fit the 77 Ford pickup ignition switch I use on my roadster.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I truly appreciate the people here on ATS. Whenever creepy things like this happen, almost everyone here on ATS has good ideas and theories that are very helpful. Just wanted to thank my ATS family again for being such non-judgemental good samaritans! I will get to the bottom of this and appreciate all your help. I just hope I can be as equally helpful when you need me!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I get the same thing, and no its not a conspiracy..unless it is.? My car has 350,000 miles and run mostly ok, 1 bad sensor which cause a bad fuel mixture. it waistes fuel..sesor is 120$

1. Ive heard some companies dilute gas silently to stretch it out..of course lies..but maybe its evaporation or a bad fuel line, find a mechanic.

2. Your new car has a bad fuel misture and eats too much gas, get it checked out at a shop.

3. Local kids steal you car and joyride. lock it up?

4. YOur hallucinating..V b-12 works for this.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by mastermind77]

[edit on 30-7-2007 by mastermind77]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join