It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Or Not? Voice your Opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So does god even exist? How does the universe come into all of this? How about the big bang theory?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
God
....I need proof to believe if tehre is a God...the bible is just a load of bull# to me...there aint no undenaible proof to his existence...unless he comes down and tells me that he is real or something...I aint gonna believe...thats why im Agnostic...i find it impossible to tell if there IS a God based on lack of evidense...if he gives me evidense Ill believe and repent...till then Ill live my unfaithful life...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Go forth and discover the search function of ATS new friend. Let your quest be for knowledge, not points.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have all the proof I need of His existance...right within my heart and soul.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Rant, truer words were never spoken.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So, does the "search" function exist or what?

(sorry, I'm in a bad mood and this threads comes up about...every month...no wait...about...twice a month..)

You know, there's nothing wrong to search for an old thread, then comment on it to bring it back up.

I really don't feel like explaining again what I think of god for the fifth time this month..so I'll just say this:

FNORD!

Edit: Aye! Sorry Rant, I haven't seen that you had already pointed that out...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the search SUCKS you try using it itll take you 20 mins!!!

they realy need to make it search by tital, now it just searches text bodies witch is veryvery bad

i made a thread about this but got no replay from mod/admin

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good point Rant.......the sorry reality of the majority of ATS...........anyhow

I believe in god, we all see the evidence.........even the blindman does

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
I have all the proof I need of His existance...right within my heart and soul.

alien!

Are you back!?! Woo hoo!!!!

I big 10-4 on the God question. I'm not so big on the bang question.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
So, does the "search" function exist or what?

(sorry, I'm in a bad mood and this threads comes up about...every month...no wait...about...twice a month..)

You know, there's nothing wrong to search for an old thread, then comment on it to bring it back up.

I really don't feel like explaining again what I think of god for the fifth time this month..so I'll just say this:

FNORD!

Edit: Aye! Sorry Rant, I haven't seen that you had already pointed that out...

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by m0rbid]

Of late...I've felt the same way about a few threads...they go like this:
1) Do you believe in God?
2) Do atheists suck?
3) Are homosexuals going to hell?

I think all of these subjects are so ably attended on other sites. They don't seem site appropriate. But I guess...some would say these topics are at the very root of ignorance. So who am I to say...but I agree that we could refer people back to old threads rather than kicking up the dirt like we're going to shine new light. These threads make me grumpy too.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
First of all, how can you possibly predict that I have even the slightest care for 'points', I enjoy posting because I enjoy learning and discussing and not how many 'points' that I can then say yay! and get into a 'secret forum' which isn't really anything special (no offense). The point of my posting is to start discussion, without the many people like me, the forums would become stagnant and boring. And I do have plenty of ears to hear with thankyou and will reply to each of my posts soon . TY

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have looked at some of the recent and old threads about this topic, so why should I continue from that? I have taken all the information from the older threads and so find them obselete. This is not the law that you must follow where you post to every single thread, it is your choice, perhaps your opinions have changed from the older threads, how can I possibly know? Thankyou for trying to help here but I really just want to know what you think now. And if you don't feel like posting, then mate that is completely your right and up to you. No bad feelings
. In my opinion this question is a deep and meaningful one, and therefore worthy of examination, and your important beliefs on this should be asked about regularly, otherwise how will you ever know you've changed your mind? Because as you know Believes are very powerful and so it is in your best interest to make sure they are correct by challenging and inquiring, building on your knowledge about these beliefs in what ever way possible. or maybe you are just afraid that your beliefs may be falsified by an influential comment?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is it manditory to start this thread every so few weeks, to restart the same thread?

Prove there isn't a God, first define what you are trying to Say God Isnt.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Is it manditory to start this thread every so few weeks, to restart the same thread?

Prove there isn't a God, first define what you are trying to Say God Isnt.

I didn't say that I didn't believe in God in this thread, but I will tell you anyway. It's true that I don't believe in God, but I do believe in constructive religion (meaning catholic,christian not destructive religion). Without a religion, people would not develop a constructive sense of right and wrong and many people would live selfishly, some people could not go on after the death of someone close to them etc etc. But still personally (even having a backround in christianity) my skepticism has overcome my desire to believe in God. There is no worthy proof for and against, yet science is an influential subject, and has proven time and time again of it's reality. In all seriousness, do you really think there is someone telling you how you should live your short life on earth? Although if religion was proven wrong some how the impact would be unbearable.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It is my opinion that gathered from my own life experience that there is nothing that could be considered God in this reality. It is an idea manufactured by man to better understand the universe and act as a source of comfort over fears and grief. The idea of God is also used as a scapegoat for much of the atrocities that take place upon this planet. You are indeed blameless if you kill for God. I could be completely wrong, but so far life has not shown me that I am.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
in the words of michael jackson eeeeeeeheeeeheeeheee.

Not descructive... Ever heard of a little thing called the Crusades?

I believe in God, I am just not sure what God is, however I don't need an organized religion telling me, what to think and what to pray, and asking me for money.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

in the words of michael jackson eeeeeeeheeeeheeeheee.

Not descructive... Ever heard of a little thing called the Crusades?

I believe in God, I am just not sure what God is, however I don't need an organized religion telling me, what to think and what to pray, and asking me for money.

Your point is noted (You're getting good at this) however I was talking about modern society, where the catholic religion and others are genuinely peaceful undertakings as compared with more destructive ones that seem to cause more trouble than they prevent among people. Also I don't mean to intrude on your deep beliefs but what is a belief with false or no knowledge to accompany it? less than a guess.

"I believe in God, I am just not sure what God is"

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Alright, I'll tell you then, I don't think God what they claim he is in the Christian Bible, I realise that I am only human, and I couldn't not concieve what "God" truly is if its God. Again this is only my own personal belief, and I think religion should be a personal thing, not some manufactured thing created by man to enslave others.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Alright, I'll tell you then, I don't think God what they claim he is in the Christian Bible, I realise that I am only human, and I couldn't not concieve what "God" truly is if its God. Again this is only my own personal belief, and I think religion should be a personal thing, not some manufactured thing created by man to enslave others.

I think this is a good belief and very rational thought

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've already given my opinion:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join