It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VONAGE Litigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Folks,

It seems that are choices are being limited. Here is a detailed site of why Vonage is good for the people.
Free to Compete

Don't let Verizon® use it's VoIP patents to limit your choices for phone service!

Verizon® has pursued litigation against Vonage® in an effort to achieve in court what it cannot achieve in the marketplace. Verizon has sued Vonage over patents they claim cover all of VoIP. Why?

Verizon’s actions could limit the freedom you – and every U.S. consumer – have in choosing your phone service. When competition is stifled, consumers literally pay the price. And in a fair, free market economy, no entity should be able to cripple or eliminate companies seeking to provide more (and better) alternatives.

If any networking engineers are on ATS, i would like to have a rebuttal on the claimed patent infringement.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Interesting.

But why post it in Aliens/Ufos?

I think you'd find better response elsewhere.

X

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ummm why are you posting this in Science/Tech section? Shouldn't this be put on a BTS thread. possibly one saying 'I AM ADVERTISING FOR VONAGE!!!!!!!!!!'

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that Vonage being sued is proper and warranted. Every company does it and if Vonage goes out of business because of it, good. If they can't understand and prepare for such an obvious tactic then they are morons and shouldn't be in this business in the first place.

Every company doing anything involving technology is a ripe target for lawsuits. It has been said that due to existing patents, one cannot be profitable in the integrated circuit, telecommunications, or software field without expecting to be sued.

Vonage will either sign a standard patent agreement or counter-sue for infringement themselves (doubtful as I don't think Vonage has any major patents) and force the original party into a cross-license agreement. Then both parties will be free from the threat of litigation from the other.

Jon

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Doesn't seem suprising from Verizon. When you buy a cell phone from them, it's abilities are so restrictive it's downright annoying. You can't buy games or other applications from anywhere but verizon. These phones can be hacked, but it just goes to show that they don't like giving their customers anything more than they have to.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

You are correct sir. When it comes to phone providers ask yourself this question. When was the last time they lowered the bills for you? NEVER!!!

Vonage lowers there bills they never raise them unless there giving more away for free. I have to say. Vonage is the best company i have ever worked for. I do not plan on retiring.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You won't be able to afford to retire if your 401K is all in their stock.

I hope it works out for Vonage and VOIP in general, but it ain't looking good.

The death of Vonage

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
sir,

in every companies starting stage. its rocky. I am fully confident in the stock and in the product. After all, we are the only company that had phone service working in Peru while all others were down dut to the earthquake

This is a prime example of David and Goliath. Sooner or later you will have a Vonage phone.

new topics

top topics

join