It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John is on Coast to Coast RIGHT NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ahhh yes that WAS what the topic was.....the plane getting put on a pole.

Ok, I understand this now. A government hijacking of this plane.
I was listening in the dark whilst I was laying in bed last night.....I just sorta forgot how that 'hijack' statement ended up, thanks for the heads up.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Originally posted by solarstorm

With all due respect sir, who gives you the authority to tell 12 million listeners with diverse backgrounds to live our lives a certain way and insist that disclosure will never happen. I am really surprised that you would put yourself on a limb like that, when the reality is that things can change course in due time.

To me this translates into saying that the few people in this world who are privlidged in having direct/indirect contact with these beings are making the decisions for the BILLIONS of this worlds population in how we live our lives? All the while keeping us sheltered from technology that can essentially stop mankind from rapeing the Earths resources? I humbly disagree with your stance about disclosure never happening. But then again my opinion is one out of a several BILLION.

You bring up some very good points here solarstorm but I think you are confusing the issue of disclosure. Disclosure is ‘making the public aware that aliens do indeed exist and that our government has had official contact with them over a period of many years and that during that time they have been given some very advanced technology that has been carefully hidden from the public.’

While I agree with you that that technology should be made available to the public and that it would indeed help us from ‘raping earths resources’ I don’t feel it is necessary to disclose where that technology came from.

And the reason for this is that the ‘disclosure’ that our government has been in contact with aliens from outer space for many years is not something that would be beneficial for society. It would disrupt the belief in a ‘god’ which is the main source of comfort and solace for billions of people on earth. They have no need for this information at this point in society’s present state of development.

The issue of those who are promoting ‘disclosure’ is twofold: one, aliens exist and two, the government has lied to us about that fact. Those on the side of disclosure believe that ‘People have a right to know’.

I am not going to argue the point of whether or not they have ‘right to know’ or not.

What I would point out here is what would be the most beneficial for the 7 billion people on the face of this earth? And the crux of that argument is that clearly, the majority of people believe in some kind of ‘god’ as their mainstay of life; their comfort, their peace of mind. When things go wrong it is , “God’s will’ or “The Lord works in strange ways’. By informing them that ‘aliens exist and our government has been doing business with them for many years’ you introduce the problem of, “Well why haven’t the aliens done something about this mess? That is: done something about the war, done some about corruption, done something about genocide, done something about starvation?

The reason is they can’t. We are the ones that have to do something about all of those problems. We are the ones that are responsible.

Disclosure would just introduce some else to blame for our problems. When the blame sits squarely on ourselves.

And until we realize this fact nothing is going to get fixed. And disclosing the existence of aliens is not going to help; it will just exacerbate the problem.

The impetus for those who promote disclosure is that they have figured out its true and they want everybody else to know. They feel that they have uncovered the gigantic secret and they want everybody else to know what they know.

Unfortunately that is not a very good reason to disrupt the lives of the rest of the 7 billion people of earth. As a matter of fact is downright selfish and inconsiderate.

People have enough to deal with in life: bills, taxes, raising kids, taking care of their parents, going to work, making a living, dealing with other problems day in and day out. Knowing that aliens exist is not going to help them one iota.

And that is why I recommend, and this is only an opinion, live the best life you can. Love your family more everyday. Try to rid yourself of envy, hate and greed. (that last is for you, I can’t do it.)

So what about the aliens?

If you feel like disclosing their existence, hey, go for it. Get on your soapbox and yell, “They’re here, they’re here! You gotta believe me!” But don’t expect the government to do it for you because they’re not and no pressure of any kind is going to change that.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I listened to the program last and I admired how John handled some hard hitting questions..I was surprised C2C had not screened one of the after burner on Lazars car . John was honest and no backpeddling. I have good friends , I cant keep up with some of what they do. Not the BS ive been hearing from George and some heavy duty screeing with LMH. soft gloves for her all the way. Good Going John. People have a live witness and can't deal with it. They get fake photos and documents with Isaac, and no show experts and swear they are like fragments from the sacred ancient srolls.

SyS

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
To John Lear.

First let me say i have enjoyed your radio shows, and read your posts with great interest. You are an extreamely interesting person with a lot to say.

However, i must disagree with you on the Disclosure part. IMO the 7 billion people of this planet need something more than religion. The fact that Aliens exist is the cataylst the world needs to start questioning Religion, as this is the route of all evil on this world. The moment people start realising that life exists elsewhere in the universe, they will start to question God's existence, and start the correct form of worship; the worship from within. I agree initially that when word gets out, it will take some time for the extremists in Religion (Cristians, Muslims, Hindu etc etc) to come to terms with the fact that their beliefs are based on flawed writings from a man made source.

As long as these world Goverments are lying to the people, we will never be free from War and Corruption.....DISCLOSURE is the only way for people to EVOLVE in truth.

Oh by the way, great show the other day...loved it! Keep it up.

Peace.

edit - spelling :-)

[edit on 31-7-2007 by 1234567]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Why would finding out about life elsewhere in the universe mitigate belief in god, or a god? Surely if according to your belief's he made earth and all the life on it, would'nt it follow that the entire universe is his creation as well? I think it'd be an easy step to make if the church's followed similar reasoning, and is'nt that what the Vatican has said to that affect (Im not 100% sure..!) I dont want to get off topic on this.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just to be clear on this i dont believe in GOD. I was trying to make the point that the knowledge of other life would prompt the question : is the bible, Koran etc etc correct ? And the more people that question religion the better because it is only a form on control for the masses and nothing else. We should only worship ourselves, not some GOD. We are all equal.

The people are ready for the knowledge of ETs, some will not like it, but in time it will benefit us all in a spiritual way, IMO.

So then back on topic. :-)

Peace.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Originally posted by wildone106

Why would finding out about life elsewhere in the universe mitigate belief in god, or a god?

Hello wildone106. I think 'mitigate' is an interesting use of the word in the phrase "mitigate belief in god or a god."

What I said was 'disrupt' the belief in God. You assume that people would believe a government statement, (...'finding out'...) that aliens exist. Your capacity to overestimate peoples belief in government is overwhelming.

Surely if according to your belief's he made earth and all the life on it, would'nt it follow that the entire universe is his creation as well?

I don't know what hat you pulled this conconction out of but your statement is not my belief.

I think it'd be an easy step to make if the church's followed similar reasoning, and is'nt that what the Vatican has said to that affect (Im not 100% sure..!) I dont want to get off topic on this.

Many people feel as you do. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
John did you not talk about william cooper in the end.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi John!

I was just trying to put myself in the shoe's of people who are deeply religeous but not open minded enough to think outside of the box (or sphere)

I was brought up a Catholic but have 'believed' in the idea of life outside our earth from my earliest days of watching Star Trek (and hearing about the Barney & Betty Hill story) when I was a kid in the 70's. I have no problem with the idea of Aliens and a god co-existing in the same philosophy.
I think there's room for many possabilitys in the universe and it seems to me the very function of the universe is to create life.

Im sure the governments reasoning is purely to cover their own asses and maintain the status quo!

I hope you do more C2C John it was so fascinating listening to it all and appreciate your efforts to keep us all informed of whats going on!

[

Hello wildone106. I think 'mitigate' is an interesting use of the word in the phrase "mitigate belief in god or a god."

What I said was 'disrupt' the belief in God. You assume that people would believe a government statement, (...'finding out'...) that aliens exist. Your capacity to overestimate peoples belief in government is overwhelming.

Surely if according to your belief's he made earth and all the life on it, would'nt it follow that the entire universe is his creation as well?

I don't know what hat you pulled this conconction out of but your statement is not my belief.

I think it'd be an easy step to make if the church's followed similar reasoning, and is'nt that what the Vatican has said to that affect (Im not 100% sure..!) I dont want to get off topic on this.

Many people feel as you do. Thanks for the post.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I agree with John Lear's stance. He knows what he is talking about, the state of the world is as it should be. As he said, everything will be fine.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Does anyone by any chance have a copy of the C2C program when John was on along with Richard Hoagland (January 17th, 2007).

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i have 3 of the john lear interviews on C2C.

happy to share...

jimbo

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamestkirk
i have 3 of the john lear interviews on C2C.

happy to share...

jimbo

Mind sending me a U2U with a link to it? Or I can send you one in a few more messages once I can send U2Us.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
First....rock on...
now I am fully in agreement that the interests of the world must be objectively observed and adheered to. I am not in agreement that this knowlege is going to destroy our society as we know it. It MUST change, this is unavoidable. At least we that make up this world will have a voice as how our new world will be made. I would also like to mention that our interpretation of history is more than a fairy tale...it is theft of our true origin...The possibilities are endless but mainly I would like to know why we cant know where we came from....aliens have to know something of our past ....that is the true treasure they posses. Not technology, or abilities. It is the human story we owe to our children when they ask us why. Think to when we are ALL gone. what will we say before our light is extinguished? ....at least I kept my inperfect world safe from its ignorance for a while longer. Thats not enough. We are ready to be ready. There is no next step without this one, just a shuffel. Give us a reason to dream in life, not a dream to live untill death.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
hey chuck- i'm in the same boat with the u2u's. newbie lurker and all that.

big Art Bell fan ...try this and dig around for contact

jimbo

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamestkirk
hey chuck- i'm in the same boat with the u2u's. newbie lurker and all that.

big Art Bell fan ...try this and dig around for contact

jimbo

Alright, I've emailed you Jim. Let me know if you don't get it.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by solarstorm

And the reason for this is that the ‘disclosure’ that our government has been in contact with aliens from outer space for many years is not something that would be beneficial for society. It would disrupt the belief in a ‘god’ which is the main source of comfort and solace for billions of people on earth. They have no need for this information at this point in society’s present state of development.

And the crux of that argument is that clearly, the majority of people believe in some kind of ‘god’ as their mainstay of life; their comfort, their peace of mind. When things go wrong it is , “God’s will’ or “The Lord works in strange ways’. By informing them that ‘aliens exist and our government has been doing business with them for many years’ you introduce the problem of, “Well why haven’t the aliens done something about this mess? That is: done something about the war, done some about corruption, done something about genocide, done something about starvation?

John...Mr. Lear
as much as i respect you and ahem..admire you i'm going to have to dsagree with you on the disclosure. I think you underestimate the strength in the faith of most religious believers. they IMHO they would not think ' Ho no aliens exist! this means there is no God"
i think the reaction would be more like "Oh wow aliens exist! and the government lied about them! man is God gonna be ticked off!"

it bothers me and i find it insulting that you believe all people of faith are brainwashed, backwater hicks. just because people believe in God doesn't make them gullible children that the government has to "protect their feeble little minds from the truth or they'll be crushed"
believe it or not some of us believers in God are also believrs in alien life..and guess what...my little brain can deal with it.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by darkheartrising

it bothers me and i find it insulting that you believe all people of faith are brainwashed, backwater hicks. just because people believe in God doesn't make them gullible children that the government has to "protect their feeble little minds from the truth or they'll be crushed"
believe it or not some of us believers in God are also believrs in alien life..and guess what...my little brain can deal with it.

Darkheartrising, please accept my apologies if you thought I was implying that all persons of faith are backwater hicks. Some are very intelligent.

For you and those of you who are attempting to force 'disclosure' based on what you think the effects of Disclosure will be I have only this to say: with all due respect, you don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Darkheartrising, please accept my apologies if you thought I was implying that all persons of faith are backwater hicks. Some are very intelligent.

For you and those of you who are attempting to force 'disclosure' based on what you think the effects of Disclosure will be I have only this to say: with all due respect, you don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

And of course.........you do ????

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

no we don't that is why some of us rely on people like yourself that know to fill us in.

as for me disclosure is not necessary...i already know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join