It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian's visited by ET ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Check out this image from a Ancient Sumerian Cuneiform Cylinder Seal I found doing some research.

Im going to say the guy on the left is an Earthling and the figure on the right is an ET.

If you will notice the figure on the left is standing by seven dots which are in the upper left-hand corner.
This could represent Earth if you counted from the Outer Solar System inwards, which would be how they counted since they are traveling into our solar system from the outside. There is also a crecent moon.

Who said you had to count starting from the sun anyway?

The six pointed Star on the right represents thier planet which is probably the sixth planet from thier sun. And they have no moon.

Now check out the Spaceship with the solar panels, landing gear, satilite dish and maybe a rocket nozzle.
Was this used to travel to and from the two planets?

Also notice what looks like two fish. Not sure what that means. Pisces?

To me the figure on the left looks primitive (sword, feathers, jewlery).

The figure on the right looks more like an Astronaut.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
To me the figure on the left looks primitive (sword, feathers, jewlery).

The figure on the right looks more like an Astronaut.

Which I find pretty ironic since the guy on the left has a clearly jointed leg much like a robot.

To be honest I see little other than poor depictions of humans, symbolism and things that can be just about anything. Spaceship with legs and solar panels? It can just as well be a retractable table.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm with the above poster, I think that you are reading too much into this and until I see something that can be clearly interpreted as an ET I think I will sit on the fence on this one

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I have always wondered where these ancient civilizations got the idea for such drawings. Yes it could very well be anything - but I dunno. For example, its conventional wisdom that the idea of Gods stemmed from the unknown. Earthquakes were Gods' actions, and they'd have a number of Gods for things that were unexplainable. But...that still does not explain how some of these found artefact's, not just this one, depicts things in them which almost look like they are looking at things in skies, which seem to be flying. Is this just wild imagination, believing the Gods to be flying about up in the sky, or is it what they exactly saw? Who knows

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If you will notice the figure on the left is standing by seven dots which are in the upper left-hand corner.

The seven dots may also represent the Pleides?

Now check out the Spaceship with the solar panels, landing gear, satilite dish and maybe a rocket nozzle.
Was this used to travel to and from the two planets?

Sort of resembles a satelite, but really could depict any number of things.

Do you have any other information on the picture. Where was the seal found, has it been dated and authenticated. Bit hard to make a judgement on a picture that could have been drawn by anyone without some evidence to back it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Check out this image from a Ancient Sumerian Cuneiform Cylinder Seal I found doing some research.

Where's the original source?

That said, I'm going to call "hoax" on the image. Here's why:
* The drawing is very crude. It's hard to believe that any professional artist/illustrator (which is who they have doing the copying when they don't ink and roll it out) created that image. For comparison, here's a few professionally drawn seal image:
www.matrifocus.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
* The wings on the deity at left are clearly wrong, as though drawn by an American who really didn't study the art much beyond what was needed for his hoax. The doublewinged figures have bird wings upper and lower.
* Seals usually have inscriptions. This one is miraculously inscription-less.
* the wings on the flying circle thingy are redrawn to make it look like panels or something. Sumerians didn't depict wings that way.
* the artist had no idea what Sumerian clothing for gods looked like. Here's a bunch of them killing Tiamat:
www.starfieldfound.org...
* and no idea what female hairstyles looked like (I'm assuming it's a female image on the right because it's "sort of" dressed like a female) :
www.gutenberg.org...
* the headgear is wrong:
www.edwardtbabinski.us...

When confronted by a piece of "proof" like this, the FIRST thing to ask is "where is the original object and are there other drawings or photos of it?"

If there aren't any, it's usually a hoax.

If the artifact "mysteriously disappeared", it's a hoax.

If the artifact was held by a museum but disappeared, it's a hoax.

The drawing appears to be a hoax perpetrated for the UFO community -- but let's check it out in the interests of unbiased opinion. Is there a name for the seal or a location? Where'd you find the image, anyway?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This pic was a theory started from 'Book Five of The Earth Chronicles' by Zecharia Sitchin and I changed the theory to the way I interpreted it.
I have tried to verify the pic but can only locate it from the book I found it. I guess it could be a hoax, sorry if it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Seems this guy has been around for some time and has some quite elaborate theory about Niberu, Mars, UFO's, Ancient Civilisations etc.

May take some time to read all this

www.sitchin.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi,

Byrd will probably post back on this, but until then I just wanted to say:

Byrd has shown, several times in the past that Zecharia Sitchin is suspect of being misguided at best, or an outright hoaxer at worst.

Some things Byrd has shown in the past regarding Sitchin are:

He's not really qualified to make the translations he's made.

None of his peers comes up with anything anywhere near what he's "translating".

etc...

Also here's an interesting site dealing with all this:
Sitchin Is Wrong

All of the above has lead me to look at Sitchin's claims with a doubting mind. I'm not saying you (or anyone else) has to feel the same, just giving you some info so you can make your own decision.

Good luck.

X

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Xatnys]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[When confronted by a piece of "proof" like this, the FIRST thing to ask is "where is the original object and are there other drawings or photos of it?"

If there aren't any, it's usually a hoax.

If the artifact "mysteriously disappeared", it's a hoax.

If the artifact was held by a museum but disappeared, it's a hoax.

The drawing appears to be a hoax perpetrated for the UFO community -- but let's check it out in the interests of unbiased opinion. Is there a name for the seal or a location? Where'd you find the image, anyway?

The Cylinder Seal Depiction
The Sumerian information is provided in texts on clay tablets; and in pictorial support of my conclusions I included in my books the rendering of a depiction on a 4,500 years-old cylinder seal, now kept in the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg in Russia (Fig. 91 in Genesis Revisited):

It shows an astronaut (“Eagleman”) on Earth (indicated by the seven dots, Earth being the seventh planet counted from outside into the solar system, accompanied by the Moon’s crescent) greeted by an astronaut (“Fishman”, equipped for splashdowns) on Mars (the sixth planet when our solar system is entered from afar), and a spacecraft with extended panels and antennas in the heavens between them.

www.sitchin.com...

Now i'm not saying it's real or hoax but I think this is the original source and gives details of where the seal is at present.

All I know is that it's strange that there are depictions of "spaceman" like types in most ancient cultures and when most ancient mythologies are interpreted from a modern or scientific perspective they all have references to alien visitors etc.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Freeborn]

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I feel like im waiting to go into the principles office!

Yea im a history newbie but im learning.

I do believe the sumerians, and will try to find more of these writings, had contact with ET's, or Annunaki.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by earth2]

[edit on 30-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This pic was a theory started from 'Book Five of The Earth Chronicles' by Zecharia Sitchin and I changed the theory to the way I interpreted it.
I have tried to verify the pic but can only locate it from the book I found it. I guess it could be a hoax, sorry if it is.

Sitchin is a well-known writer of unreliable information (and outright fiction), and will edit the pictures (cropping out the ancient text) to show you something that "proves" his point.

The artwork of that time was more like illustrated texts or political cartoons. When you had an image, you almost always have text with it that explains what it is. This is true of seals and cylinders as well.

I'd like to suggest that if you're interested in these civilizations, you put down Sitchin and Von Danniken and Hapgood and Graham Hancock, and start with some of the links suggested by Wikipedia. There's lots of good stuff and these civilizations are fascinating.

But the material written by the quartet above should be carefully shelved on the "fiction" shelf.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This could represent Earth if you counted from the Outer Solar System inwards, which would be how they counted since they are traveling into our solar system from the outside.

Er, 7th counting inwards?

It all depends which of the multitude of dwarf planets beyond Neptune you count ..... or is the assumption that because Eris is the biggest, that counts but the likes of Pluto don't? I reckon atm Earth is is either about the 19th planet or the 6th, counting in .... The one thing it definitely isn't is the 7th

Poor o'l Sitchin - modern astronomical discoveries really have scuppered some of his more bizarre ideas ......

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I feel like im waiting to go into the principles office!

Yea im a history newbie but im learning.

I do believe the sumerians, and will try to find more of these writings, had contact with ET's, or Annunaki.

May I suggest that you start with reading the original legends -- the ones that Sitchin and company don't want you to read? They talk about the gods number them, and talk about their powers:
home.comcast.net...

Note that the children of An are the Annunaki and are not the most powerful ones:
home.comcast.net...

Whoever drew that "seal" may have used part of the image on this page
www.answers.com...

Here's a book of the translated tales (it's quite outdated but gives you the basics) :
www.sacred-texts.com...

Now... all of the above can be backed up with clay tablet inscriptions (which you can actually read for yourself if you take the time to learn a little cuneiform.) You can look at images and see the WHOLE piece (not just fragments.) I also encourage you to read translations of the original clay tablets (not written summaries of the stories.)

Going to the originals shows the truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thank you Byrd for the links. Im back on track now.

I will be posting more sumerian threads because they seem to be so darn interesting.

So the pic I posted is a fake? Ive tried hard to find a solid source with no luck.

One more question if you dont mind, do you believe the sumerians had contact with an ET? I know you are a fact kind of person but whats your gut feeling?
Once again thank you for your time, earth2

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thank you Byrd for the links. Im back on track now.

I will be posting more sumerian threads because they seem to be so darn interesting.

They are! There's lots of interesting work going on in the field.

Here's a fun resource for you:
www.archaeologychannel.org...

Oh... and this one, too!
www.archaeologynews.org...

So the pic I posted is a fake? Ive tried hard to find a solid source with no luck.

I believe it may be. It may also be deliberately misdrawn or misinterpreted.

One more question if you dont mind, do you believe the sumerians had contact with an ET? I know you are a fact kind of person but whats your gut feeling?

Not a gut feeling, but a knowledge from having studied cultures (I have a degree in anthropology.)

Now, I know that my having a degree in the field causes a lot of people to say "oh! Scholar! They LIE and hide things! She can't see the truth because her school has biased her!"

Let me explain why it doesn't make any sense:

The postulation is that space aliens formed a race of androids to dig for gold for them.

Now:
* we have a spacefaring race who ignores stars and other planets (there's stars made of gold out in space newsroom.msu.edu... ) and travel to Earth to mine gold.
* when they land here, they hit the Planetary Stupidity Field and forget how to use high tech mining techniques, for all the mines in the area are worked using primitive techniques.
* the Sumerian language is an isolate language (not related to others), but this doesn't necessarily mean an extraterrestrial origin.
* Sumerians were in contact with other people. There are no stories from them about Sumerian overlords.
* Sumerians bred freely with other people.
* humans didn't just "suddenly appear" in time. There are older hominids that are their ancestors. They weren't just suddenly created.
* the stories and myths of Sumer are inconsistant with those of enslaved peple. Enslaved people tell a lot of trickster tales about getting the upper hand over their masters. The Sumerians don't have tales of "how I tricked the gods."
* there are no artifacts made out of materials unavailable to Mesopotamia by trade or manufacture. Slaves often steal from their masters.
* there are no unusually made textiles from Sumeia; textiles that aren't duplicatable by other cultures. Favorite slaves wore the discarded clothing of their masters.
* Sumerian knowledge of astronomy and the solar system was consistant with visual only astronomy. They named the planets through Saturn -- but didn't know about Ceres, the world-sized asteroid and didn't know about Uranus or Neptune or Pluto. They didn't know which points of light in the skies were suns and which were galaxies.
* Sumerians did not call Nibiru a planet. Nibiru was a title (like "President of the United States").
* Sumerians don't show unusual genetic markers that are different from other humans (indicating a genetic breeding program.)
* All ancient people drew or sculpted their gods and rulers as larger-than-life-sized figures. We have many depictions of these rulers (like Tutankhamen) and their remains, and although the art shows them to be 4 to 8 times the size of "regular people", their bones and bodies show them to be the same height as their subjects.
* Musical instruments were made from regional materials and there were no unusual or sophisticated constructions.
* There was no global flood (part of Sitchin's theory)
* No planet visits us on a 3600 year cycle (we've had literate civilizations and writing for well over 7,000 years. That's almost 2 cycles of this mythical planet. Civilizations worldwide would be writing and producing art about something that huge in the skies.

...etc.

top topics

join