It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, why exactly are the Jews so hated?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Uberarcanist,

Why do you "loathe the state of Israel"? It is the only democracy in the region. The only soil upon which you or I may walk down a street with a holy book of our own choice in hand.

Do you loathe freedom as much as you loathe Israel? Or even more?

Jus' askin'...

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

Just because it is a democratic society does not mean it is a just society. I think uber and I share the same opinion on the state of Isreal and its foreign policies. To say the least, they are barbaric and imperialistic. From what I've read of ubers posts, he doesnt loath democracy, rather he loaths the abuses the Isreali government has perpetrated in the name of National Security.

On the topic.

I think much of the hatred felt for Jews worldwide stems from years of propaganda (still heard and felt in Europe and N.America), ignorance (thanks Umbrax) and fear that the propaganda (the Jews got all the money, control the world, etc) is legitimate. Considering what some people on this site believe in (wth very little proof) its not hard to concieve of a general public believing in a conspiracy perpetrated by the Jews to control the world (again, with very little proof.)

Overall, I think people see real social problems in this world and their looking for one person or a group of people to blame. Somewhere down the line, the Jews got picked from the hat of hatred and the labell has stuck. Misdirection plays a huge role in the international hatred for Jews (IMO)

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Simius Dei, first let me welcome you to ATS. From the looks of your profile, you have been on board for a couple of weeks now and have originated many thought provoking and topical threads. This one is no exception.

I am certain that you will get a diverse spectrum of opinions from our broad group of members who range on the age scale from "pre-teen gamers who think aliens are cool" to "crotchety old farts who think a nice BM is cool". On the intellectual scale, you might get responses from "Mental Midgets" all the way to full-fledged "Mensa Geniuses".

Since I tend to fall somewhere in the middle of both classes above, I am going to pass on your question, but simply comment on your "attention getting headline".

"Do you still beat your wife?"-Author Unknown

More here on that:en.wikipedia.org...

regards....kk
P.S. "Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers" -Voltaire

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
1. Wasn't it the Romans that crucified Jesus? I was under the impression that Jewish people simply didn't see Jesus as the messiah.

They wanted a Messiah who catered to "their" needs, not the common man. I guess the "chosen one" thing went to their heads. Why does everyone get this backwards? The Romans had little to no problem at all with Jesus. The ruling Jews hated him because he made them look like idiots. Jesus exposed them for what they were (greedy powermongers). He shamed them in front of their people. He exposed the Jewish leaders to "the Truth". Something they couldn't handle. They were jealous that people were starting to follow Jesus intead of their precepts. He was drawing the crowd away from them. The Jews hated Jesus.....the Romans had no problems with him. The Jews wanted him dead, but were not allowed to put a man to death. Since they were under Roman rule they had to get permission to execute him. Pilot found nothing guilty or wrong with Jesus. He found him innocent, but the Jews threatened Pilot to crucify him. If the Romans had said no, the Jews would have rioted leading to Pilots removal from power or even his own execution for not doing his job in controlling the Jews. Pilot washed his hands clean of Jesus' blood, but the Jewish crowd stated, "Let His blood be upon our heads."

To this day, the blood is still upon their heads, where it will always be until the end of time. IMHO, the world mostly hates the Jews because of what went down in the new testament. In that book, aside from Satan, the Jews are the villains.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
To this day, the blood is still upon their heads, where it will always be until the end of time. IMHO, the world mostly hates the Jews because of what went down in the new testament. In that book, aside from Satan, the Jews are the villains.

Huh? Just a couple of points here. I find this an interesting post when you consider what Jesus taught. BTW, the new testament was also written by Jews.

Secondly, since when did Bhuddists, Muslims, etc read the new testament?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Since many organized religions are offshoots of judaism, it is natural to want to distinguish yourself from the old school that you want to change. Thus, some sense of hatred can be fostered early on, when trying to recruit new members to your "new" cause. Let's face it, if you want someone to try your new version of an old thing, you are going to bad mouth the old version to sell the new version.

The Vatican, in its holy wisdom, set the jews up as lenders to the community and this fostered several wonderful stereotypes. Rather than hating the Vatican when it came time to pay the bills, jews were on the hatred end of the payment. Jews became penny wise, jews became stingy, money grubbers etc. A brilliant move that probably produced results far better than ever expected.

I think the concept of ignorance being the eventual reason behind why anyone hates a whole group of people simply for being a member of that group is dead on.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Huh? Just a couple of points here. I find this an interesting post when you consider what Jesus taught. BTW, the new testament was also written by Jews.

Jesus was a jew. He didn't go out there and preach a new religion, he taught judaism as he saw it. It was the jews that followed his beliefs that started judaism 2.0, no?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Jesus was a jew. He didn't go out there and preach a new religion, he taught judaism as he saw it. It was the jews that followed his beliefs that started judaism 2.0, no?

Love man, he taught love. That's what I was talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
The ruling Jews hated him because he made them look like idiots. Jesus exposed them for what they were (greedy powermongers). He shamed them in front of their people. He exposed the Jewish leaders to "the Truth".... The Jews hated Jesus.....the Romans had no problems with him. The Jews wanted him dead, but were not allowed to put a man to death.

The bolded is to highlight an interesting thing you did in your post. You went from blaming a ruling circle of Jews for their actions, to blaming all Jews for the ruling circles actions. Perhaps you made a mistake, perhaps you had an ignorant slip. Either way, i think your first statement about the ruling elite was a hell of alot more acurate than your broad statement about the general population of the Jews.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well its interesting that no one has mentioned the usury situation.,., Wasn't the Jewish family the Rothschild's the banking empire of europe that controls the money supply of the world the first to charge interest for loans.,., the means of controling people with out them knowing.,.,., I think this might have something to do with the stigma of jews.,. However like others have said anyone who hates a group of people needs to have there heart chakra opened up a little, and stop being ignorant. The journey inside will help all,.,. PEACE LOVE HAPPINESS

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Almost correct. Jesus did not start "Judaism 2.0". Judaism had become something different from what it was in the beginning. It had become a "Judaism 2.0". It was a mixture of Judaism and mysticism and was more concerned with the outward following of the law instead of the inward faith of following the law.

Jesus started a Jewish revival back to the original Judaism of faith, but also brought to us the law of grace which replaced the old law.

Any Jew who rejects the original Judaism by rejecting Jesus as their Messieh, is cut off. Their leaders are of the synagogue of satan.

See Romans 2:28-29 and Revelation 2:9

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Some of the history I recently posted on this thread may shed some light on the question beginning this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I think basically . . . it's back to the Biblical narrative.

"God's Chosen" are mostly a rebellious lot . . . rather like the rest of us on that score . . .

And, God decreed that they would become a curse word around the world in the nations where they were exiled.

But that He would bring them back to their Promised Land and make them His own again--eventually writing His law in their hearts.

So I think one answer is that it's part of their punishment for their rebellions.

I think part 2 is . . . folks who are themselves rebellious against God . . . are kind of like the father of lies . . . satan himself.

They hate anything God Loves.

But it's a good question . . . and the outrageous out of balance hatred toward Israel is irrational as the history I posted on the above mentioned thread outlines.

Israel with 1/1000th the world's population . . . has virtually all the world's hostility focused on it! Isn't that a bit odd . . . assuming things were normal and not at all related to God or anything Supernatural?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Large rich population, have a lot of power, in a lot of the world governments, make things like anti-holocaust speech laws, ect. ect.

and if you are a religious jew then their religion is racist, hating the gentiles.

[edit on 023131p://14072 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
my knowledge is that..........
first of all they openly opposed the church in the earlier times in europe when things like the knights templar and churches excommunicating people
second, some of the statistics of the holocaust are quite questioned, like did 6 million really die? i doubt it
it is actually illegal to collect such statistics in france,
a man was arrested in germany for speaking out against the holocaust..
why would someone be arrested for disagreeing with commonly known facts?
maybe they arent true possibly,
jews are often regarded as opressors of certain people across the globe
they are also very greedy always wanting more money and some think they themselves are "gods people".
oh yea, they killed our savior too out of hate to redirect the peoples hate away from their own problems.
those are my thoughts

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Why are the Jews so hated?

I believe it was Dean Martin who sang, "Everybody Hates Somebody Sometime."

The truth of the matter is that Jews are probably no more hated than anybody else. In the United States, as waves of immigrants (or slaves) came in from various places, everybody got their chance to be hated. But we generally learned to tolerate each other because we had business to do.

In general, people of different racial, cultural or religious backgrounds don't much like each other. Just take a look at Rwanda and Darfur.

So rest easy. Whatever background you are, there are probably a bunch of people who hate you, too.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What he taught and how the Jewish leaders treated him are 2 different things. He taught the Truth and they rejected it. Jesus was rejected by the bulk of his own people (the Jews), the Jews that were with Him eventually broke from traditional Jewish laws, they began to follow Christ and not the Jewish scribes, sadduccees, pharisees, etc......they became Christians (even though by blood they were Jews). Yes, the men that wrote the NT were Jewish, but they sided with Christ and in the NT are very against the other Jews of their time who were against Christ. Once you side with Christ (although a Jew by blood) you have become Christian. IMHO, former Jews (now Christians) wrote the NT.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

He came to reinforce and magnify the Commandments.
Jesus came to abolish the old covenant and replace it with the new covenant.
He repealed the law concerning the gathering of food on the Sabbath.
He repealed the law concerning divorce.
He repealed the law concerning the taking of oaths.
He repealed the law concerning adultery.
The OT promoted an "eye for an eye".
Jesus' NT promotes the love of enemies....forgiveness.
Jesus started Christianity, not judasim v.2.0.
What Jews and Christians believe are light years apart.
We have a messiah; they are still waiting for theirs.....fortunately they'll be able to catch him the second time around at some point, since they missed the boat the first time around..
....we all make mistakes...and God forgives.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Love man, he taught love. That's what I was talking about.

Sure he taught love, but his own people rejected it.
Read the parable of the fig tree.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The bolded is to highlight an interesting thing you did in your post. You went from blaming a ruling circle of Jews for their actions, to blaming all Jews for the ruling circles actions. Perhaps you made a mistake, perhaps you had an ignorant slip. Either way, i think your first statement about the ruling elite was a hell of alot more acurate than your broad statement about the general population of the Jews.

The OP states why are the Jews hated.......(in the past, the present and the future).
If I didn't word myself correctly, sorry. What I meant is the mistake that some Jewish leaders made 2000 years ago, has still affected them to this day. You don't mess with God. Paybacks are a bitch. I'm not blaming all Jews....it started with a single group 2000 years ago and the trickle down effect is still felt today by many. I

I think the Jews jinxed themselves by rejecting the Son of God.
If you don't agree, fine. But that's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
It states in Matthew about ("the blood being on their heads") at Jesus' trial.
I'm saying the blood is still on their heads today for their mistake 2000 years back.
You can call it a curse or whatever you want.

In closing, if you really want to know why the world hates the Jews your best bet is to live amongst them for a couple years and make your own decision then. Maybe you'll find reasons to hate them, maybe not..........I can't say.

Here'a weird one:
a guy goes into a bar and everyone hates him, beats him up, treats him with disdain.
But, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt....maybe the bar patrons are asswipes. But if this guy goes into 20 bars and everyone hates him, beats him up, kicks him out....then you have to wonder.........

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am not a Jew hater, but I detest any group that tries to impose their agenda in a sneaky way. And some of the Jewish people are doing just that.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
I am not a Jew hater, but I detest any group that tries to impose their agenda in a sneaky way. And some of the Jewish people are doing just that.

But wouldn't you say that some of....................... um, everyone is doing that?

Damn Japanese with their anime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join