It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, why exactly are the Jews so hated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just out of curiousity, I pose this question. Why are the Jews so hated?

With the throwing around of "zionist" "anti-semite" and other such terms relating to the Jewish people, it's obvious that they are either a VERY hated people or a people that want the world to believe they are very hated and/or persecuted.

So I ask you; What is the reason for this hatred?

I am looking for answers from both end of the spectrum. Those who do hate the Jews and those who feel the Jews are unfairly hated and persecuted (at times).

Also, I will relate to you two different opinions told to me. One by a Jewish friend of mine and the other by a Syrian immigrant who I worked with for a few months a short while back.

My Jewish friend stated that the reason his people were so hated was because they "Stuck together no matter what." and because they were "God's chosen people." He also made a statement to the fact that they were better at fighting the war than the people that hate them. This last part I can't remember exactly what he said so I don't want to quote him as I may have simply taken what he said out of context.

On the other end, my ex co-worker stated that he hates them so much because of his life in Syria. He told me tales of Jewish raids on their homes while he was growing up and the oppression of "his people" by the Jews. He also told me the story of how his father was taken and tortured when he was in his teens as a means to scaring him and his family and trying to drive them from their homeland. He also told me that the Jews were the "kings of lies" (direct quote) and used every lie they could to benefit them and make them look like the victims.

(As a side note, he also made the statement at one time that he couldn't believe that Americans did not know that the "Jews did that 9/11 sh*t")

Now these are two opposing views as to why the Jews are hated. As we all know, there are 100 sides to every story so I just present them to you as I was told and do not put any "credence" in them as fact since I am not Jewish and I was not there to see any of the "oppression" that was described to me.

So, I ask you, What (in your opinion) is the reason the Jews are so hated?

Jasn

Note: Please do not turn this into a message board brawl over who is right and who is wrong. Express opinions/facts you may have but don't resort to fighting a point with each other. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The big ones:

1. Many influential Jews had A LOT to do with Communism.

2. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Jews in high places were involved in 9/11.

However, even these reasons are not enough to justify painting all the Jews with the same brush. I loathe the state of Israel, but there are Jews I count as my best of friends.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
The big ones:

1. Many influential Jews had A LOT to do with Communism.

Sources?? (not agreeing or disagreeing just want to fact check out of curiousity)

Originally posted by uberarcanist
2. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Jews in high places were involved in 9/11.

agreed.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As to your query in re sources-

Karl Marx-Jew (any reputable source will confirm this)
Lenin-heavy Jewish ancestry and affinity www.adherents.com...
Stalin-Jew
www.jewwatch.com...
(The site *is* biased, but the research is impeccable)

Synagogues spared in allegedly atheist U.S.S.R.
educate-yourself.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thank you for the quick reply, I will be doing some reading later.

Jasn

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow. That's quite a bit of "ain't-I-Semite-Ism" for one thread.

Simius, I'll get back to you on this tomorrow evening. Hope you can stand the wait!

Edit: P.S.: Having read the first few responses: The original post was very honestly constructed. I hope that your responses to it's replies are equally so.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yea, I can stand the wait.

Also, I have no intention of really "throwing in my 2 cents" on this topic. I do have my own personal opinions on the Jewish people and the state of Israel in general, but I feel they are pretty unwarranted on this thread. But, to sum them up generally...I would say that I'm neither an anti-semite or supporter of Israel.

I posted this thread with an honest curiousity as to what my fellow members felt were the reasons for the "hatred" of the Jews. Also, as I said in my first post, I don't want this to turn into a debate or "pissing contest" and would appreciate people refraining from debate about who is "right" and who is "wrong".

A simple answer to the question should suffice, based on opinion AND fact with the exception of someone making a FLAGRANTLY uncalled for statement that SHOULD be addressed. Also, if someone states something as "fact" that is obviously not, they should be called on it.

Also, sources are always a good thing.

Jasn

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
One word: "Painbody"

For more of this, listen to Eckhart Tolles Audio book "New Earth"
(recommend this over the book as listening may prove to be more beneficial - it has been more beneficial at least for me.)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Googling "Painbody" now and I will check into that Audio book. Thank you for the response and source. Care to elaborate on the boards any further?

EDIT: Just googled Eckhart Tolle New Earth and I'm a bit curious.

Are you saying the Jews are hated because of Ego? Their Ego? The Ego of those that hate them? Or possibly because people hate because they can't find an inner peace? I'm reaching, I know...I just can't figure out the how you meant this to be relevant. Please explain.

[edit on 30-7-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Don't alot of rednecks hate them for the crucifixion of Christ? kkk members and what-not. If you ask me thats a dumb reason, because all they'd have to do is read the Bible and find out it had to happen that way. To fulfill prophesy.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
1. Wasn't it the Romans that crucified Jesus? I was under the impression that Jewish people simply didn't see Jesus as the messiah.

2. I'm not sure about "rednecks" and "klan members" since I live in Georgia and still very rarely run across either of them, the ones I have run across have more interest in talking about the country falling apart than about the Jews or Jesus. However, I agree...if there are those people out there that hate the Jews (or anyone for that matter) for that reason, they are ignorant.

Jasn

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Using any reason to hate a whole group of people because of the actions of a few is a dumb reason. Also just because someone is Jewish by birth doesn't mean they are practicing the religion any more than someone born of Christian parents.

Someone mentioned Carl Marx....

Karl Marx was born to a Jewish Lutheran family. About a year before Marx was born, his father had converted to the Prussian state religion of Lutheranism in order to continue working as a lawyer. Lutheranism was the major Protestant denomination of Christianity where Marx lived. Marx and his family were nominally Christian. Karl Marx was raised in an essentially non-religious home and he adopted atheism.

His Father converted to Lutheran, and Karl Marx himself was an atheist, so how can the Jews be blamed for his version of communism? It's nothing but people with hate in their hearts who make that claim, and ignore the truth because it doesn't fit their hatred.

And as far as USSR being atheist that's just a myth perpetuated by the West, to make you hate communism. Just another form of conditioning to control the way you think. If they were atheist why was the state religion Lutheran Christianity?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In regards to your comments on Karl Marx and his actions being held against the entire Jewish people, I agree, it is ludicrous to do such a thing.

However, some Jews do not look at themselves as a religious order but instead as a race. (IE: Lewis Black constantly referring to himself as a Jew though he is atheist...as well as other "famous" Jewish persons) And I feel that most people that hate them also view them as more of a community or "race" than religion (NOTE: This is an opinion).

I agree that it's ridiculous to hate everyone in a group because of things their ancestors or a select few of them have done (I'm white, I live in the south and I have been railed more than once by different black people I know about my ancestors owning slaves, though, to my knowledge none of my ancestors ever did. And my race owing them reparations.). However sad it may be however, I feel this is a part of life that all of us have faced or will face at some point. There are groups that hate the Christians because they are Christian, The whites because they are white, blacks because they are black and so on.

However, as a whole (and as I said in the first post), the Jewish people seem to be in the lead from several different directions in the "people who hate us" department. And once again, my question is WHY?

There has to be some factor for hating someone or a group and that's what I'm trying to find. Where does this hatred (be it warranted or unwarranted) ultimately stem from?

Jasn

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Ignorance!

Because there are lots of bigots in this world who blame whole groups for the actions of a few.

Seriously if find the need to hate a whole group of people, be it Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Whites, whatever, you have serious issues and need a doctor.

Open your mind and drop the hate.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
OK, sigh.......if the Jews can be destroyed, by hatred, or whatever, GOD will be shown to be in error.
If you read the Scriptures, you will see that the Jews have a place in "end-time" prophecy. If they , the Jews, are gone, this prophecy will be incorrect. if a prophecy is incorrect it is not true....it is not of GOD. GOD says (in scripture) that the Jews have a role in the end of time events......
Satan, who hates GOD, will do anything he can to discredit the word or prophecy of GOD. If the Jews can be destroyed, GOD will be discredited.
The Jews have been under the hammer of Satan for 2000 years, even longer actually, but since the coming of the Christ they have been under the gun even more.
There have been persecutions of the Jews for centuries. It is nothing new. The Jews are GODs people. He created them for the sole purpose of bringing forth the Christ. Once they did, the very fact that they remained extant shows, to me anyway, that they still have more to do.
So, there it is.
GODs people will always be under the gun. The Jews are persecuted. But the Christians are also persecuted worldwide. Both are GODs people.
Thats what I think anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think the problem is that if a few Jews do bad things, then all Jews are lumped together as the problem, much like how most of the world hates Americans just because of the dumb things a few Americans have done.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Ignorance!

Because there are lots of bigots in this world who blame whole groups for the actions of a few.

Seriously if find the need to hate a whole group of people, be it Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Whites, whatever, you have serious issues and need a doctor.

Open your mind and drop the hate.

Ignorance = The best definition for hatred that I feel can ever be given.

I can't agree with you more. However, what are these actions that the bigots blame the Jews for? What is the cause of the ignorant and blind hatred?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camar
OK, sigh.......if the Jews can be destroyed, by hatred, or whatever, GOD will be shown to be in error.
If you read the Scriptures, you will see that the Jews have a place in "end-time" prophecy. If they , the Jews, are gone, this prophecy will be incorrect. if a prophecy is incorrect it is not true....it is not of GOD. GOD says (in scripture) that the Jews have a role in the end of time events......
Satan, who hates GOD, will do anything he can to discredit the word or prophecy of GOD. If the Jews can be destroyed, GOD will be discredited.
The Jews have been under the hammer of Satan for 2000 years, even longer actually, but since the coming of the Christ they have been under the gun even more.
There have been persecutions of the Jews for centuries. It is nothing new. The Jews are GODs people. He created them for the sole purpose of bringing forth the Christ. Once they did, the very fact that they remained extant shows, to me anyway, that they still have more to do.
So, there it is.
GODs people will always be under the gun. The Jews are persecuted. But the Christians are also persecuted worldwide. Both are GODs people.
Thats what I think anyway.

Being an atheist, I must disagree with the reason for the hate. However, you make a good logical point. I suppose for those with religious beliefs that are opposed to those of the Jews and Christians this reason would be sufficient.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

However, some Jews do not look at themselves as a religious order but instead as a race. (IE: Lewis Black constantly referring to himself as a Jew though he is atheist...as well as other "famous" Jewish persons) And I feel that most people that hate them also view them as more of a community or "race" than religion (NOTE: This is an opinion).

Okay, I can't sleep so here we go...

Jews, in my experience, look at themselves as being very different from everyone else. A seperate race? Certainly a different ethnicity. The chosen people? According to their scripture: Yes.

Why are the Jews so hated?

I must be the last person in the world to be asked the question, because I grew up in a city with real old-fashioned neighborhoods. The Italians, The Hungarians, The Irish (mine!
), the blacks, the Polish, etc, etc. No One was hated any more than anyone else.

So I was taught. (I guess I grew up in an all-American town.)

So I have the same questions that the OP, SimiusDei, has. Why are the Jews so hated?

The older I got the more I recognized how much the "Jewish Community" sees themsleves as being apart from the rest of us. It took a high school education to finally show me why.

In Sunday School, "the Jews" were occassionaly mentioned, but only in a Biblical context. At the time, I thought the Jews were an ancient people. Like the Sumerians. Or Egyptians. (Sorry, Cairo readers!!!)

Anyway,

Why were/are the Jews hated in the 20th/21st centruries? Does the phrase, "A wild river runs downhill", ring a bell?

No?

Okay, I made that up.

P.S. (And this'll be the end of me on this thread...): My ex- is Jewish, and she was flabbergasted when I mention that I thought that some Jews tend to be drawn romantically to alienating themselves from the rest of us.

She thought I was seeing it all backwards.

Wwwwwatever....

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Uberarcanist,

Why do you "loathe the state of Israel"? It is the only democracy in the region. The only soil upon which you or I may walk down a street with a holy book of our own choice in hand.

Do you loathe freedom as much as you loathe Israel? Or even more?

Jus' askin'...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join