It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God", in a completely non-religious sense, does in fact "exist".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Call him whatever you like. The Tau, the force, a "higher power", etc, etc. Anyway, thanks to my very, very, very intelligent and wonderful freind Carrie, I recently came to the following conclusion:

"God" exists, but not in the traditonal sense of existing. He is not tangible. He exists only in our minds, and hearts. "God" is not a man, or even alive at all. "God" is a word for a concept. "God" is [represents?] love - platonic, unconditonal love to be exact. He is the personaification of all things good. It makes it easier for the human mind to comprehend the concept of perfection when you think of a person, rather than an ideal.

The Bible, the Koran, and other books of major religions are all talking about the same concept. The concept of pure goodness. They, for the most part filled with metaphors. The books are tools to better help humans understand how to be a better person. The non-historic, mythical events of say, the Bible never occoured outside the minds of the philosphers who wrote them.

Finally, "Heaven" and other forms of the afterlife are the reward for living your life according to the ways of "God" and the metaphoric works of fiction. It (the afterlife) doesn't exist anywhere in spacetime. It exists only in your mind/soul.

So, to ask someone to prove the existence of "God" is impossible, mainly because "existence" itself is in question. People, specifically athiests, just assume existence to mean "it is tangible and exists somewhere in spacetime". That is not the case when it comes to the "existance" of "God".

By finally realizing this, I'm pretty sure I have reched a new level of enlightenment.

[edit on 7/29/2007 by prototism]

[edit on 7/29/2007 by prototism]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How can you know that something untangible exists?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
How can you know that something untangible exists?
I purposefully used the term loosely.

new topics

join