It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk politicians show some sense, civil liberties saved a little. For now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Story relates to British cross party commision rejecting Gordon Brown's plans to extend terror suspects detention period without charge.

Now im all for full prevention of terror, but this is a move to the right, further to the right for our supposed left government. It sounds good in theory but in reality, just tightens the grip they have on the public. It is open to abuse, especiallly as 'Terrorist' is os subjective. It could include regular terrorists, little scrotes who have junk like The Anarchists Cookbook, regular people who have accessed 'suspect' websites, anyone with animal rights links, or anyone they want really, so long as their is any sort of 'link' with something that can be manipulated to look sus.

I would be less cynical, if it werent for things like ID Cards to be introduced, and the taking of DNA from all new-born babies at birth for a database. Its a dangerous foundation to start to lay, and Im glad its not going through. Yet.

Anyone agree? Anyone think this is barmy liberalism? I'd be interested to know

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i think this is good,extending the 28 day limit isn't necessary. lets look at this way,if you cant prove that the person your holding isn't a terrorist in a month then that person either isn't a terrorist or isn't as big a danger as the police originally thought.

I can understand that some plots are more complex than others but i still think 28 days is enough time to prove at least within some shadow of doubt that the suspect is guilty.

new topics

join