It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question RE Iraq and Iran nuclear ambitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It is known that before the 1991 Gulf War that Iraq launched a crash nuclear bomb project and was about 12 months away from a crude device (not dirty, just crude).

My question is how far along is Iran in comparison to 1991 Iraq? I mean if it was going to take an all out crash effort for Iraq to have a device in 12 months, how far along would Iran be right now?

In short, have they surpassed now what Iraq had in 1991?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With the vast amount of knowledge that peruses this board and no one has an answer to this?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I personally believe Iran already has 'crude' nukes. There have been reports that Pakistan sent nuke scientists there some years ago. We seem to be oblivious to the fact that Islam unites these countries. So all they have to do is put up their little, 'we don't get along' BS, and we just lap it up while they proliferate nukes to every corner of Islam. What a Grand Facade. They must laugh at us in their little private get togethers.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That would put them ahead of where Iraq was then i think. Their crash bomb project was said to have taken up to a year to complete. Anyone know how many centrifuges the Iraq facility had going?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I agree,
Iran have the mental knowledge to create a bomb, the simply aspect they miss is the ingredient.

With Pakistan slowly emerging as a 'finatical-friendly' regime, and nkorea having produced enough... I believe there's a high probability atleast one of these 2 nations supplied Iran with enough ingredient.

Iran did visit North Korea after the test....
How do we know what were in the suitcases returning to Tehran?

I believe, If Iran have the ability.. they will have 3 crude devices.

1 For Haifia
1 for the Greenzone
and 1, stored safely in some remote town close to the Iraqi border.

So when the US launched its retalitory response, they can either hit the bulk of US forces mounting on the border, or the navy in the gulf.

Lets hope America is dumb enough to act eh

Its time for the new world to emerge, without corporate greed and religion.
And the coming war is the only way we will remove it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yep...its getting to the point where this whole thing needs to just go ahead and happen so things can start over from scratch. Problem is though unless humans change and eliminate greed and corruption and the desire for power and wealth, then we'll be back to square one again.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
That would put them ahead of where Iraq was then i think. Their crash bomb project was said to have taken up to a year to complete. Anyone know how many centrifuges the Iraq facility had going?

Iraq did not have a centrifuge project. You have been deceived.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Iraq's main effort to produce U-235 was by the electromagnetic process (called EMIS). In this process, uranium atoms are ionized (given an electrical charge) then sent in a stream past powerful magnets.

Iraq also attempted to enrich uranium with high-speed centrifuges. This effort had lower priority than the EMIS program.

Iraq planned an ambitious research and development effort for its centrifuges. From mid 1987 to late 1989, Iraqi scientists conducted trials on a "model 1" centrifuge. It was an early Beams-type gas centrifuge using oil bearings, which ran into difficulties with vibration. It also consumed large amounts of power. Then from mid-1988 to mid-1991, Iraq ran trials on a "model 2" centrifuge.

www.iraqwatch.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
QUOTE: "Iraq did not have a centrifuge project. You have been deceived."

See the above post...looks like you're the one who has been deceived bro.

top topics

join